RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Mark Levison Factory Navigation Integration

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 02:01 AM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mark Levison Factory Navigation Integration

Got the Beatsonic kit for my RX350. Looks great. But after I hooked it up. I lost all functions on my Mark Levison factory navigation. Had to go and put it back together.

Anyone know how to integrate the original factory head unit. To a double DIN Kenwood stereo. So I dont lose all the functions? Without extending the factory wiring. And stuffing the head unit under the center console?
Attached Thumbnails Mark Levison Factory Navigation Integration-kenwwod.jpg  
Old 08-16-09, 02:01 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Keys, can you explain more about the functions you are losing. I thought the nav is made by eclipse Fuji-ten not ML at least mine is cos I recognize the functions and display of the factory nav and my old Eclipse AVN 2454.
Old 08-16-09, 03:47 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Default Functions

When I got the adapter cable from Beatsonic. I assumed incorrectly that it would work on the Mark Levison Navigation. It only works for the JBL Non Navigation.

I didnt lose the back up camera. Everything else doesnt work.

If you hit the nav button below the display. The trip odometer comes up.

If you hit the Audio button it shows " Audio Off " If you hit the climate button it says " External not connected "

The dispay button is the only one I used. If you hit it the little boxes come up. And the display off button works.

The only thing I have found so far is an thread on the MY IS web page. But the fix is for an older model IS.

MYIS Web Page

" Problem: after replacing the OEM head with an aftermarket one the factory screen stopped working. It had a black screen and like went crazy doing constant opening and closing.

After doing some search I found out that all the units which have the TX+, TX- pins (head, tv unit, nav computer and screen) sort of talk to each other by AVC-LAN bus and if you remove any then the chain is broken and neither will work "

They have a fix for the older IS model.

http://fargosys.com/html/sat_nav_bypass_module.html

So I emailed the guy on the thread. But havent heard anything back yet.
Old 08-17-09, 04:52 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

YIKES !!! , PM FRankR66 I remember he has a double screen setup on his RX maybe
he knows what to fix
Old 08-17-09, 06:35 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Default Stereo

The fix is easy. Extend all the wires to the factory head unit. Cut the speaker wires. Stuff the head unit into the center console underneath the dash. Install you new stereo. Done

The problem is my RX is still under warranty. And I dont want to cut on anything. I was hoping it would be plug and play.
Old 08-18-09, 01:12 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same setup but without the ML and i only lost voice inpuit c ontrol
Old 08-18-09, 01:32 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

Old 08-20-09, 10:16 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

frankr66, what size are the screen for the headrest monitor ? What is the brand ?
Old 10-22-09, 12:21 PM
06WTRX400H
Driver School Candidate

I need to figure out which Double Din Nav unit I want in my RX400H
Old 10-23-09, 10:23 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

What features and options are you looking for on your nav ? I own both Eclipse AVN and Pioneer AVIC series nav I like them both, Eclipse for fast re-routing and side camera features, Pioneer for able to pipe nav signal to rearview mirror screen, Nav Traffic, ease of hacking hard drive.
Old 10-23-09, 06:59 PM
RX330 CLT
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KeysRx300
Got the Beatsonic kit for my RX350. Looks great. But after I hooked it up. I lost all functions on my Mark Levison factory navigation. Had to go and put it back together.

Anyone know how to integrate the original factory head unit. To a double DIN Kenwood stereo. So I dont lose all the functions? Without extending the factory wiring. And stuffing the head unit under the center console?
Hi,

My name is Scott and I have a 2004 RX330 with factory navigation and Clarion Double Din LCD working great together and still have factory nav voice. Your main problem is the Beatsonic harness you're using. It's probably the SLA-82. You most likely need the MVA-82 that I'm using or more compatible harness. FYI, Beatsonic sells other RX harnesses not listed on the U.S. site. I tried to PM you but it looks like it's disabled. Send me an email to gts86@bellsouth.net and I'll give you my phone number to help with your issues. I've been meaning to do a write up of how to make it work for others to benefit from but haven't had a chance to do it yet.

Scott
Old 10-25-09, 11:19 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Default ML Integration

Scott
I appreciate the help. We called Mr Moto at Beatsonic. And they don't have an adaptor for the ML radio. Only the Pionner radio with or without Nav. The problem on mine. Is I have the Navigation and Rear Entertainment. And the head unit controls them.

I went ahead and returned the Beatsonic kit. And sold my Kenwood to a coworker. I threw in a Ipod kit. And will just run it this way for another year or so. Then get a 2011 RX. Hopefully they will have worked out the bugs by then.
Old 11-18-13, 03:58 PM
raydkang
Driver School Candidate

"
The fix is easy. Extend all the wires to the factory head unit. Cut the speaker wires. Stuff the head unit into the center console underneath the dash. Install you new stereo. Done

The problem is my RX is still under warranty. And I dont want to cut on anything. I was hoping it would be plug and play.
KeysRx300 I know this thread is old, but i thought id give it a try. What do you mean by stuffing the head unit

into the center console? I am out of warranty and am willing to try anything. I am also having the same issues with the GPS/AC.