RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Rear vent search

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-09, 05:44 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas
Remove the spaces in the following URL after cutting and pasting it into the address field of a web browser to see the page tromly tried to provide earlier: http://www.t o y o d i y.com/parts/p_U_2004_LEXUS_RX330~350_MCU38L-CWAGKA_5806.html

Be sure to check that above "t o y o d i y" page is for the country where your RX was manufactured. The vent appears to be different depending on where your car was assembled ... go to the home page of "t o y o d i y" and start over if necessary to select the right country of manufacture.

The price of the vent assemblies regardless of country of manufacture on http://www.parts.com/lexus/lexus-parts.cfm appears to be the same - $107.86 - but check closely ... I may have gotten it wrong. The parts description on parts.com will also tell you which country of manufacture the specific air vent assembly is for.
I think it's more than tromly needs but this is the site I tried to post. It's the only place where I have found pictures of Lexus parts. I don't know why this information is so d*mn proprietary. Before I would go to the dealer, ask them to look up, get price, gasp, and ask for the part number so I could "think about it." Then I would shop around for the best price.

tromly, I wish you luck. Somebody has to have that vent piece only available.
Old 08-20-09, 04:17 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
I truly understand what you feel! Well, does the grandson know what he can and can not do next time?
I'm trying to teach all my grandchildren never to purchase a car made by any UAW member, must have thought that Lexus cars were indestructable ! Hope they all become **** when something isn't right about their cars
Old 08-20-09, 04:22 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
I think it's more than tromly needs but this is the site I tried to post. It's the only place where I have found pictures of Lexus parts. I don't know why this information is so d*mn proprietary. Before I would go to the dealer, ask them to look up, get price, gasp, and ask for the part number so I could "think about it." Then I would shop around for the best price.

tromly, I wish you luck. Somebody has to have that vent piece only available.
Thanks kitlz, you're right about proprietary info, sometimes I think TOYOTA can keep secrets better than the Pentagon ! I feel confident that somehow I'll find a vent without flushing my wallet !!
Old 08-20-09, 09:33 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

As they say, if there is a will, there's a way (without breaking the bank)!
Old 08-31-09, 02:29 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kansas
Remove the spaces in the following URL after cutting and pasting it into the address field of a web browser to see the page tromly tried to provide earlier: http://www.t o y o d i y.com/parts/p_U_2004_LEXUS_RX330~350_MCU38L-CWAGKA_5806.html

Be sure to check that above "t o y o d i y" page is for the country where your RX was manufactured. The vent appears to be different depending on where your car was assembled ... go to the home page of "t o y o d i y" and start over if necessary to select the right country of manufacture.

The price of the vent assemblies regardless of country of manufacture on http://www.parts.com/lexus/lexus-parts.cfm appears to be the same - $107.86 - but check closely ... I may have gotten it wrong. The parts description on parts.com will also tell you which country of manufacture the specific air vent assembly is for.
Thank you for your assistance, my RX was assembled in Canada you're a credit to CL