RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

location of 2006 RX330 navigation dvd

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-09, 05:37 AM
ksrpmr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default location of 2006 RX330 navigation dvd

We have just purchased a 2006 RX330 with navigation. Can anyone tell me how to find the navigation DVD so I can load the disc that came with the car? I've been told it's in the cargo area on the right but have not been able to find it.
Old 07-01-09, 06:58 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

First, get a flashlight. Open the back door and lift up the carpet the the floor to gain access to the tool storage area. There is a silver rod to hold the floor piece open. On the right side is a door labeled "Navigation." You have to pull that door off; it has four spring clips holding it in place. I think the "eject" button is covered by another sliding door, and everything is black and very hard to see even in daylight, which is why it's very helpful to have a flashlight the first time you do this. To change the DVD, have the car running, slide the button cover to the side and press the button, and the disc should eject.
Old 07-01-09, 07:10 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
First, get a flashlight. Open the back door and lift up the carpet the the floor to gain access to the tool storage area. There is a silver rod to hold the floor piece open. On the right side is a door labeled "Navigation." You have to pull that door off; it has four spring clips holding it in place. I think the "eject" button is covered by another sliding door, and everything is black and very hard to see even in daylight, which is why it's very helpful to have a flashlight the first time you do this. To change the DVD, have the car running, slide the button cover to the side and press the button, and the disc should eject.
Excellent instructions, the first time I did this I was asking myself why the Lexus engineers put this item where there in NO light!
Old 07-01-09, 07:24 AM
ksrpmr
Driver School Candidate

thank you. that worked perfectly. I wouldn't have found it without the flashlight.
Old 07-01-09, 07:38 AM
tfischer

You are very welcome.
If you have an iPhone, and who doesn't, just get the "Flashlight" app; highly recommended, and you are never in the dark (at least literally).
Old 03-27-11, 08:25 PM
docbruce19
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tromly
Excellent instructions, the first time I did this I was asking myself why the Lexus engineers put this item where there in NO light!
On our 2004 RX330 the access door is not labelled at all! Look at the right side of the tool tray where you will see a black plastic panel with 2 springy plastic claws on top and two retention tabs on the bottom. The panel is about 2" X 6". Once you finally SEE the darned thing the rest is easy, much easier than changing the disc on my 2002 LS430!
Old 03-20-15, 05:01 PM
topsandtai
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by tfischer

This was awesome !!! As a senior I need all the help I can get. Instructions were so clear. Was lucky to get this car last week with only 38k miles. Now just neeed to figure everything out. THANK YOU !!!

Last edited by topsandtai; 03-20-15 at 05:01 PM. Reason: MISPELLING
Old 03-21-15, 07:25 AM
tfischer

You are welcome, and I'm glad I could help. I think what I'm going to do now is take my swell new label maker and use some black on white half-inch tape and put some little labels on those doors so I and the next owner can find this DVD drive. Before I had my RX, I asked a friend who was giving me a ride in his how the disc was replaced to update the data and he said he had no idea where the drive was. PS: In my new car all the data is on a mini SD card that slips into a small slot behind a door on the dash. Replacement can be done in 5 seconds while sitting down, and the whole system has no moving parts (no hard drive or DVD drive). The card is also less expensive than the DVD.