RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

All Weather Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 07:03 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 106 Likes on 72 Posts
Default All Weather Floor Mats

I have an 2008 RX350 with the light gray interior. I want to get some all weather floor mats for the winter. I like the Weathertech heavy duty floor mats as they are molded to let melted snow,mud and water run out over the rocker panels and fully protect the carpet. I also like the Lexus all weather heavy duty rubber floor mats but they will not protect as well as the Weathertech. My question is has anybody bought the weathertech in the dark gray color and how did it look with the light gray interior of your RX and does Lexus make their all weather floor mats in gray ? I'm not sure if I would like the contrast of black floormats with the light gray interior. I did a search and could not find the answer to these two questions.
Old 11-25-08, 09:26 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the Lexus mats only come in black and brown...at least all that i have seen

http://www.lexpartsworld.com/scripts...p?idproduct=89
Old 11-26-08, 05:55 AM
rosen39
Driver School Candidate

I have seen the Weathertech mats that a friend bought for his car. The OEM mats are thicker and more substantial than the Weathertech mats.
Old 12-01-08, 04:42 PM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Why not just get the OEM? They fit perfectly. I have the Weathertech for my SC430 as there are none OEM that I know of for it. The front fit OK but not perfect like OEM. The back I have to cut to make it fit - of course I screwed it up a little when guess te mate. My 2 cents is just go with the RX OEM. As for it protecting the interior, My RX330 OEM floor mats does as well if not BETTER than the Weathertech for my SC - Notice Seattle
Old 12-01-08, 05:17 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Black or Gray for OEM Lexus All Weather mats. I have the black set. Fits good. LOve the logo. Good price, too.
Old 12-02-08, 11:17 AM
DN328
Driver School Candidate

Just for clarity, WeatherTech offers the floormats and floor liners.

I have not touched/seen the floormats, but the floor liners are actually quite thick and are comparable to OEM "floormats".

I have the floor liners, and they are a perfect fit - no cutting required. I went with the liners since the rear was one entire piece that run across for max coverage. Strangely, I do have the OEM Trunk liner (got a good deal) but it's not as thick as the Weathertech.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...1231&Year=2008

BTW, in my opinion, I'd go for the gray mats and think they would match fine (based on pictures).

Last edited by DN328; 12-02-08 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-02-08, 02:26 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DN328

I have not touched/seen the floormats, but the floor liners are actually quite thick and are comparable to OEM "floormats".

I have the floor liners, and they are a perfect fit - no cutting required. I went with the liners since the rear was one entire piece that run across for max coverage. Strangely, I do have the OEM Trunk liner (got a good deal) but it's not as thick as the Weathertech.

BTW, in my opinion, I'd go for the gray mats and think they would match fine (based on pictures).

I also have the Weathertech Floorliners and Cargo Liner and the fit is great! Couldn't ask for better!
Old 12-02-08, 03:56 PM
mikebeau
Driver School Candidate

i have the light gray interior and the black weather mats

they are great. we keep them in all the time. on occasion we will take them out but mostly keep them in. i chenged them out for the carpet mats once to look better and stained them up so i stopped
Old 12-03-08, 01:15 PM
ZIN
Driver

I have tan Lexus winter mats fit great and look nice. They can't be to much more than any other good all weather floor mat.
Old 12-08-08, 05:01 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

I'm going to order the OEM All Weather floor mats from Sewell Lexus unless somebody knows where I can get a better deal. I can get them from Sewell for $105 which includes shipping.
Old 12-08-08, 05:09 PM
kaidoy021
Driver School Candidate

87.20 + shipping from www.irontoad.com
Old 12-09-08, 03:58 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kaidoy021
87.20 + shipping from www.irontoad.com
Price is right but the shipping for regular ground is $21 ouch !
Old 12-09-08, 07:29 PM
liquidsilver
Driver

Originally Posted by DN328

I've had both lexus rubber mats and weathertech floor liner....You really cant compare the two. Like DN328 stated,The floor liner literally protects the whole floor , whereas rubber mats protects ...... yet dirt, ice or any debris could get trapped between the mat and door sill area.

The only advantage that rubber mat has over liner is, it is very easy to remove the mats when u want to vacume the carpeted area, whereas the liner is harder to remove due to its size, design and material( harder and not as flexible)
Old 01-15-09, 05:54 PM
Lexus2009
Driver School Candidate

Hi, a newbie here.

I know this is an older thread but how many of you keep your all-weather mats installed all year round? Am I just too lazy to not want to change them seasonally back to regular carpet?

Lexus2009
Old 01-15-09, 06:03 PM
arima
Rookie

02 maxima, 99 bmw, 09 lexus.......rubber mats all year long...i'm super lazy. I also think its easier to maintain.

Quick Reply: All Weather Floor Mats