RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Dealer Tricks Lexus of Roseville CA

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-08, 02:49 PM
BBHanks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgr7
The oil did look like new, but it looked like new before I took it in also, less than 5000 miles. I will not go back to this dealer and I just wanted to give others in this area a heads up on them.
Jeff
I agree,the oil in the Lexus of mine looks new even a 5000miles...Very clean engine..I stopped at Roseville Lexus for a new engine air cleaner and they wanted $50. I went around the Auto Mall to Toyota and bought the same filter for $15..
Old 11-12-13, 04:41 PM
Blk02es
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still no improvements sorry to say

Had my Lexus towed in to Lexus of Roseville due to a starter problem and a front headlamp needing repair. At first everything was good, convenient hours, friendly staff and a good loaner car. The fix for the starter was straight forward, however there was a problem with the headlamp that required the car to be kept over the weekend. I was kept up to date and had the loaner for the weekend. The problems began Monday evening after retrieving the car. On the way back from work I noticed that the headlamp that was replaced was not properly installed so that the light was lighting the bottom of the trees instead of the road. Additionally there was now an odd beam of light shooting out at a 45 degree angle and it was about the size and shape of a speed limit sign when it illuminated objects. To make matters worse, the headlamps were now two different colors. The replacement was yellow, (bulb, not covering) and the other was white,( also replaced by Lexus at an earlier time). I called Lexus that evening and left a description of the problem and asked to be contacted. By mid morning there was no contact from Lexus so I photographed the problems and sent an email to the service advisor that had been helping me. By late afternoon I still hadn't received a call or email so I phoned again and was told he was with a customer so I left another message. I didn't receive any calls or return emails that day. The next day I copied the email sent earlier, with the photos, and sent one to the service manager and one to the General Manager. By late afternoon, I received a call from the original service advisor. He mentioned correcting the imbalance but I had to remind him that there was a beam of light coming out of the side and that the headlamps were two different colors. His response was, "that's odd, we'll have to take a look, maybe the bulb didn't seat right" and " the bulb we put in was what originally comes with the car". I had mentioned in my email that I didn't want to have to close my business to come down and take care of a problem created by the service department and he acknowledged that I shouldn't have to do that so he offered to have a runner come and switch cars with me at my office. By the of the evening I not heard back from him and no runner came to switch cars. I called and was told that they were short on runners and I might have to wait another day or so. That was the last I have heard from Lexus. It's late afternoon on the following Tuesday and no contact. Tomorrow it will be a week since I was told a runner would come by. I'm amazed that the car was released from the service bay with these issues. Even if I give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the bulb dislodged after leaving, I'm fairly certain it didn't change colors. The Lexus brand used to represent quality of work and excellent customer service. On this occasion, both are missing and what's worse is that when this issue is brought to their attention, there is no response, it's like they can't be bothered. I'm very disappointed.
I also questioned them about the bulb replacement for the following reason. When the bulb was initially replaced I was told that it didn't light. They found the problem to be a "blown fuse". I know I was tinkering with the fuses when the car wouldn't start so I asked them how they knew the bulb needed to be replaced. Remember these new bulbs are expensive! I was told that they put the old bulb back in to see if it would work and of course it didn't. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you think the bulb is blown to begin with you are not going to handle it with kid gloves and these kinds of bulbs are extremely fragile. Also the day before I was told that I had to wait over the weekend because a service tech dropped the replacement bulb and broke it. Of course my questioning them was immediately dismissed.
Attached Thumbnails Dealer Tricks Lexus of Roseville CA-image.jpg  
Old 11-12-13, 05:01 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk02es
I'm very disappointed.
Welcome to Club Lexus, Blk02es, and sorry to hear of your troubles.

We also have a section of the forums here for your region, Northern California Lexus Club, you might be interested in posting your experiences.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...exus-club-138/

There is also the forum for your ES as well:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es300-and-es330-179/
Old 11-12-13, 05:26 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk02es
By late afternoon, I received a call from the original service advisor. He mentioned correcting the imbalance but I had to remind him that there was a beam of light coming out of the side and that the headlamps were two different colors.

Even if I give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the bulb dislodged after leaving, I'm fairly certain it didn't change colors. The Lexus brand used to represent quality of work and excellent customer service. On this occasion, both are missing and what's worse is that when this issue is brought to their attention, there is no response, it's like they can't be bothered. I'm very disappointed.
I also questioned them about the bulb replacement for the following reason. When the bulb was initially replaced I was told that it didn't light. They found the problem to be a "blown fuse". I know I was tinkering with the fuses when the car wouldn't start so I asked them how they knew the bulb needed to be replaced. Remember these new bulbs are expensive! I was told that they put the old bulb back in to see if it would work and of course it didn't. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you think the bulb is blown to begin with you are not going to handle it with kid gloves and these kinds of bulbs are extremely fragile.
Two things, a 'service advisor' simply reads a script and will regurgitate what Lexus tells them, to tell the customers. I've encountered this numerous times as I'm a 'car guy', every time he'd call in a tech to answer my question as he was unable to... They're paid to wear their Lexus blazer, answer phones, and tell the clientele what Lexus wants them to...

Second, that bulb is normal. Your 2002 ES300 is now 12 years old... that bulb is 12 years old and the replacement they gave you is correct. Read up on HID's before going at them, since that reaction will prove why Lexus hires 'advisors' to dumb down what exactly is being performed on cars since people will not know what is being said otherwise.

Halogens, are 'in & out' and you know if they work. HID's have ballasts, igniters and then bulbs, that is THREE components that can fail.

The bulb you got was an OE 4300k, the one on far right is 12 years old, and has long surpassed a color shift.

If you were to replace both bulbs there, the color would be identical from side to side...

Good luck.
Old 11-12-13, 06:19 PM
stevies30
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Two things, a 'service advisor' simply reads a script and will regurgitate what Lexus tells them, to tell the customers. I've encountered this numerous times as I'm a 'car guy', every time he'd call in a tech to answer my question as he was unable to... They're paid to wear their Lexus blazer, answer phones, and tell the clientele what Lexus wants them to...

Second, that bulb is normal. Your 2002 ES300 is now 12 years old... that bulb is 12 years old and the replacement they gave you is correct. Read up on HID's before going at them, since that reaction will prove why Lexus hires 'advisors' to dumb down what exactly is being performed on cars since people will not know what is being said otherwise.

Halogens, are 'in & out' and you know if they work. HID's have ballasts, igniters and then bulbs, that is THREE components that can fail.

The bulb you got was an OE 4300k, the one on far right is 12 years old, and has long surpassed a color shift.

If you were to replace both bulbs there, the color would be identical from side to side...

Good luck.
That still doesn't explain the dealer not rotating the tires. Keep the pictures in a safe place and send copies to the dealership, regional manager and right on up the chain until you get someone to listen to you. Believe me, someone in the chain of command cares.
Old 11-12-13, 06:26 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by stevies30
That still doesn't explain the dealer not rotating the tires. Keep the pictures in a safe place and send copies to the dealership, regional manager and right on up the chain until you get someone to listen to you. Believe me, someone in the chain of command cares.
I'm not talking about the OP but the guy above... Regarding the tires, it can be as simple as human error...