RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Rx 350 Driver Window Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-07, 06:42 PM
integrityl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx 350 Driver Window Noise

I have a 07 rx 350. Wind noise on driver side getting worse-about 1 year old.
worse over 50 mph + . pressing elbow against window on highway stops it-but might also get me killed. as usal- dealer thinks i am nuts- any ideas?
Old 10-02-07, 01:35 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have them change the weatherstripping along the door frames. if the dealer refuses to do anything about it call lexus HQ and complain, that will speed things up.
Old 02-15-08, 02:32 PM
roccjard
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem on my 2008 RX350. When the window was fully closed, the window motor pushed the window out a bit at the bottom and moved it away from the weatherstripping on top - I think it did not sit properly/square. If I just touched the button to move the window down about 1/16 inch - no noise at all. The pressure on the window was released and it sat in the weatherstipping channel properly.

I explained this to the dealer today when I had it in for the 10,000 mile service. They replaced the weatherstripping and it fixed the problem.

I don't see why the dealer would think you are nuts. The service rep at Lexus in Eugene looked at it, looked at what happened when he did the same thing on the loaner RX, said they'd fix it. No questions, no hassles.

Call Lexus.
Old 02-16-08, 10:28 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

You nuts for buying a Lexus? I do not think so. You are the Customer...do not forget that!
Old 02-17-08, 05:15 PM
grouch
Driver

Originally Posted by integrityl
I have a 07 rx 350. Wind noise on driver side getting worse-about 1 year old.
worse over 50 mph + . pressing elbow against window on highway stops it-but might also get me killed. as usal- dealer thinks i am nuts- any ideas?
Had the same issue with my dealer. When I told the service manage about the problem and the fix, he just looked at me with a blank stare. He had no clue about what I was talking about. I took my RX to my local Ind. Lexus mechanic and he reinforced the door window seals and made a big difference.
Old 02-18-08, 01:44 PM
Junkxus
Rookie

Default I too have windnoise

I have an 2008 RX350 and the wind noise is a big problem. I had my 1000 mile check up and they said the noise level is normal. I do not believe this is normal. I added additional foam around all doors and it improved a small amount. I noticed that the window channel is plastic not rubber like my other cars. The plastic is hard and not very flexible. I pulled it down from the channel a little and closed the window and it was a little quieter over the same test drive area. The car has had many issues with 2200 miles. I also have the cracking buzzing sound when the brake is applied. My drivers side rear door handle fell off on Saturday!! Friday is my service appointment and I have asked for a top tech to go for a ride. I also tried to trade for a GS350 AWD and would have taken a $7K hit from not one but three dealers. I will report back after my service. I did hear that the window channel is different on the Hy-breads and the Japan built models. Only Mica colors and Hy-breads in my area are manufactured in Japan. I have 2 as the first digit of the vin. number so I have a Canadian built car.
Old 02-18-08, 03:23 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Sorry to hear about your RX350. The dealer should rectify the situation and convert you into a happy customer. Call the Lexus Customer relations, just express your disappointment.
Old 02-19-08, 05:51 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Junkxus
I have an 2008 RX350 and the wind noise is a big problem. I had my 1000 mile check up and they said the noise level is normal. I do not believe this is normal. I added additional foam around all doors and it improved a small amount. I noticed that the window channel is plastic not rubber like my other cars. The plastic is hard and not very flexible. I pulled it down from the channel a little and closed the window and it was a little quieter over the same test drive area. The car has had many issues with 2200 miles. I also have the cracking buzzing sound when the brake is applied. My drivers side rear door handle fell off on Saturday!! Friday is my service appointment and I have asked for a top tech to go for a ride. I also tried to trade for a GS350 AWD and would have taken a $7K hit from not one but three dealers. I will report back after my service. I did hear that the window channel is different on the Hy-breads and the Japan built models. Only Mica colors and Hy-breads in my area are manufactured in Japan. I have 2 as the first digit of the vin. number so I have a Canadian built car.
If you hate rattles, the GS is not much better. The GS has its share of rattle problems too and Lexus already put out a few TSB addressing those rattles problems.
Old 02-19-08, 04:27 PM
vasylko
Driver School Candidate

sounds like you have the same break noise issue as some of us here

I would be very grateful if you could let me konw what it was when you get back from service.

I told this in the other threat, but I seem to have the door noise issue, but that is from the actual door frame and rubber that goes around the door opening in the car. When I put finger in between it stops it so it seems like vibrations from the door are causing rubber to make this annoying noise

Any thought to that?

Please..please let me know about noise from instrument panel when brake is applied