RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Where can I find the paint code?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 05:07 AM
Ron_Texas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find the paint code?

I am looking for the paint code for my 2008 RX to order some touch up paint. I was told to look inside the driver's door but could not find anything that looks like the paint code. I looked on the window sticker and it only gives the color, which is Crystal White, any ideas where to look?
Old 09-24-07, 05:30 AM
MC Wong
Rookie

I think all RX's come with touch up paint. Thats the case in Australia anyway. Mine was in the glovebox when I bought the car.
Old 09-24-07, 07:35 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Try this site:

http://www.autovisuals.com/paintcode-search.asp
Old 09-24-07, 09:56 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your exterior and interior colors are also on the door jamb inside the driver door. but you may not recognize them unless you know what you are looking for. they are 3 digits (can be a combo of letters and numbers, but some colors are all numbers)

p.s. i also highly suggest the autovisuals pen. they are much easier to use compared to the old paintbrush method.
Old 09-24-07, 12:09 PM
Ron_Texas
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexuslover
your exterior and interior colors are also on the door jamb inside the driver door. but you may not recognize them unless you know what you are looking for. they are 3 digits (can be a combo of letters and numbers, but some colors are all numbers)

p.s. i also highly suggest the autovisuals pen. they are much easier to use compared to the old paintbrush method.
I have looked, but I guess I do not know what I am looking at or for. I will relook tonight.

I am thinking about this process for the touch up, has anyone used them?

Dr. ColorChip Corp.

http://drcolorchip.com

On their webpage the chip just about disappears and seems easy enough to use I plan on ordering just as soon as I can figure out what the code is.
Old 09-24-07, 01:10 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the color code is 062 (zero, not "O") for Crystal White.

here is a pic of the door jamb label, it just happens to be crystal white as well. you can confirm yours, just look for C/TR

i have not used the dr. color chip method, but it looks similar to the langka paint chip kit. it comes with a step by step method of smoothing out touch up jobs. i only used it once when i had a scratch on a black car that looked like someone keyed it. for little rock chips though, the touch up pen is more than adequate and you don't really need the blending kit unless it's a really large chip.
Old 09-24-07, 01:19 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

or u can call the deealer...and i think they can tell u based on the VIN #
Old 09-24-07, 01:50 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts
Default Touch Up

Originally Posted by MC Wong
I think all RX's come with touch up paint. Thats the case in Australia anyway. Mine was in the glovebox when I bought the car.
That's a nice touch. I wish they would be as considerate here in the States. You can always use a touch up.

What will happen to our ladies when they can not do a touch up? Can you imagine?
Old 09-24-07, 11:41 PM
Losiho
Driver

There's another good link here that will list all possible paint colours and codes for Lexus models -

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Funny how my colour, 8R7, is called "Magnetic Blue" here in Australia, but in the US it's "Neptune Blue" .
Old 09-25-07, 04:21 AM
Ron_Texas
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexuslover
the color code is 062 (zero, not "O") for Crystal White.

here is a pic of the door jamb label, it just happens to be crystal white as well. you can confirm yours, just look for C/TR

i have not used the dr. color chip method, but it looks similar to the langka paint chip kit. it comes with a step by step method of smoothing out touch up jobs. i only used it once when i had a scratch on a black car that looked like someone keyed it. for little rock chips though, the touch up pen is more than adequate and you don't really need the blending kit unless it's a really large chip.
Thanks, I have looked at the tag and never figured it out, I just did not know what I was looking for !

Also thanks to everyone that has posted, this is what makes the forum great!