RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Need Help,Lost Master Keys ,only have spare.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-07, 01:38 PM
Krayziedxc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help,Lost Master Keys ,only have spare.

i just bought a Lexus 04' RX330 for $23 Grand. AWD w/ only 60k. why so low was because they dont have the masters keys and only to be left with a spare key. I search before posting. any help would be appreicated.. so what do i need to get 2 master keys or spare or whatever. so what do i need to get it replaced? and anyone knows the factory warranty for the rx330?
Old 07-11-07, 01:56 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello there, and welcome!

factory warranty is 4 years or 50k miles, whichever comes first.

in order to get spare keys, you can either visit your dealer or you can contact Sewell Lexus which is a club lexus vendor. they cut master keys all the time, however since you are missing the masters you will need the transponder as well, so it will cost some $$.

i think this is what you will need: http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...bCategoryID=91

in any case, in order to get them you provide your VIN and proof of ownership. contact Darrel Diller at Sewell and make sure you ask for the club lexus 10% discount as well! they are a fantastic vendor and very quick. plus their prices easily beat your local dealer by at least 30-50%.

good luck! here's his contact info:

Darrel Diller
Internet Customer Relations
www.lexus-parts.com
6421 Lemmon Avenue
Dallas, TX 75209
ddiller@sewell.com
Old 07-11-07, 02:16 PM
Krayziedxc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexuslover
hello there, and welcome!

factory warranty is 4 years or 50k miles, whichever comes first.

in order to get spare keys, you can either visit your dealer or you can contact Sewell Lexus which is a club lexus vendor. they cut master keys all the time, however since you are missing the masters you will need the transponder as well, so it will cost some $$.

i think this is what you will need: http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...bCategoryID=91

in any case, in order to get them you provide your VIN and proof of ownership. contact Darrel Diller at Sewell and make sure you ask for the club lexus 10% discount as well! they are a fantastic vendor and very quick. plus their prices easily beat your local dealer by at least 30-50%.

good luck! here's his contact info:

Darrel Diller
Internet Customer Relations
www.lexus-parts.com
6421 Lemmon Avenue
Dallas, TX 75209
ddiller@sewell.com
thanks awsome site. will have to buy thur there. also what are transponder? its not a key correct?
Old 07-11-07, 02:23 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

the transponder is the little "computer" inside the master key. that has to be programmed to work w/ your car. the outer shell is what holds the transponder inside and also holds the cut key blade. you may not start the car without the transponder, even if you have the key blade. the car will turn on but never crank to start. the transponder has to be within a few inches of the ignition to start the car.

the shell is cheap, about $50, but if you need the full key the transponder is what costs the most.
Old 07-11-07, 02:28 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Better take care of your keys. I only have one set plus the credit card key. I do not want to end up spending $100++ to get a new set. A new case, yes, because one day it will crack.
Old 07-11-07, 02:48 PM
Krayziedxc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Better take care of your keys. I only have one set plus the credit card key. I do not want to end up spending $100++ to get a new set. A new case, yes, because one day it will crack.
Definly i wont lose them i know there $$ and also i didnt lose it. the 1st owner lost them. his son toke all his master keys. and he end up with a spare key and i guest he traded in the lex.
what is the credit card key?
Old 07-11-07, 03:00 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

CC key is a wallet key. it's a thin plastic casing w/ a cut key blade. you take the key blade out and start the car w/ the plastic casing nearby and the car will start up. the casing contains the "computer chip" that allows the car to start.

it was designed to keep in your wallet, although IMO it's too thick to fit in any credit card slot. (and the reason you keep in your wallet is in case you manage to lock the keys in the car, which is not too likely considering 99.9% of people use the key to lock the car from the outside nowadays.)
Old 07-11-07, 06:46 PM
mandyfig

The guy who sold me the RX said he had 2 keys...I think he sold the other master key and handed me the credit card key....there should have been 3 keys total. Plus the Valet key! Oh well, I least I have a spare key.
Old 07-11-07, 09:12 PM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayziedxc
Definly i wont lose them i know there $$ and also i didnt lose it. the 1st owner lost them. his son toke all his master keys. and he end up with a spare key and i guest he traded in the lex.
what is the credit card key?
Did it come with Owner's manual?

Salim
Old 07-11-07, 11:33 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuslover
...factory warranty is 4 years or 50k miles, whichever comes first...
When does the 4 years start? On the date you take delivery? If I bought my car pre-owned, how do I know when the clock started?

Old 07-12-07, 06:45 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

The original factory warranty starts to run from what Lexus calls the "in service date." In most cases this is the date the car is delivered to you, but if you are buying a demo or a CPO, you will need to determine what that date is. Any Lexus dealer can call up the car's info by VIN # and get the "in service date." When I got my '04 RX as a CPO, I had the dealer do that so I knew when the original warranty would expire, and I would fall back to the slightly less comprehensive CPO warranty (the date was yesterday). The CPO warranty runs 4 years from the date of purchase, but runs concurrently with the new-car 4 year warranty.

Since you bought your car CPO, you need to check that date, as the in service date could be any time within a 12 month (or so) window when that particular model was on the market. Mark your calender and have it looked over during the last month of the 4 year warranty (or at 49,000 miles, if that happens first).
Old 07-12-07, 12:46 PM
Krayziedxc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by salimshah
Did it come with Owner's manual?

Salim
yes it came with the manual
Old 07-12-07, 02:29 PM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by RXOwner
When does the 4 years start? On the date you take delivery? If I bought my car pre-owned, how do I know when the clock started?

The Title states the 1st day of service. Check it out.
Old 07-12-07, 02:48 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
The Title states the 1st day of service. Check it out.
Unfortunately, I don't have the title--it's financed.

Old 07-12-07, 02:51 PM
mandyfig

Then, you will be at the mercy of the dealer...they have the database of 1st service dates by VIN #. You will have to ask.