RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

UPDATE: 07 RX 350 Surges / "Push" When Breaking

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-07, 11:31 AM
jednav
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jednav
So, I got the call today and the top honcho will address my concerns on Monday, April 2nd.

The 2 top concerns I have identified are: the surging at low speed, and the lag time in acceleration from stop (1st gear tranny, I suspect).

Since, my RX350 has only 2500 kms. I welcome any comments or concerns from owners with 350's on issues I could raise with the technician.
Okay boys and girls, here is the scoop. I again received confirmation that it is indeed the nature of the beast. Either live with it or go back to the ancient technology of car manufacturing.

First off, I would like to apologize to my earlier comment of know-it-all computer system. Yes, the computer system does not only react but initiate direct action, with various factors into consideration, which may result in varying drivability conditions not attuned to all drivers.

However, the "learning" shifts / tranny remains a product of the imagination.

The techie had his diagnotic gadget hooked up, as we drove around, and all results came out positive.

The "surge" or the "push" at low speed is due to the vehicle upshifting in a split second, to a higher level of rpm all because of fuel efficiency and emission considerations.

He further explained that stopping is not compromised since there are safety features in place to respond accordingly, e.g. ABS, brake assist sensors.

I grilled this techie for over an hour, and am satisfied with the reasoning behind his answers.

Finally, he suggested, as all of you should, that I attend their regular "know your Lexus" session scheduled every month, to better understand the mechanical and technological features of their vehicles. Yes, I have forgotten about that! I hope all dealers have this program in place.

So, I hope I have brought closure to this issue, and would like to apologize for sounding the alarm bells. As the old adage goes, better safe than sorry.

One last note, please allow more time and space in stopping your RX.

Cheers!

Last edited by jednav; 04-03-07 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-03-07, 11:41 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whatever they said is still BS. the fact that they cant fix it means that they dont care enough to make it go away. Instead they just keep saying "thats the way it is", or some other dumb reason. Other toyota SUVs dont have this problem same with cars from other manufadturers. Just saying thats the way the car is and live with it, really should bother you people more. It does bother me but then again i am returning the car when the lease is up, and was able to write off a good part of the car.