RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2008 MY RX350 Price Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 09:51 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah! Where are the pics? I don't believe some of you have seen it until I see the pics
Old 01-23-07, 10:33 AM
Kan-O-Z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Threxx
It's certainly a nice car but next to the MDX it just seems dated in almost every way - especially chassis dynamics (especially when you considered how Lexus tried to market it as high performance when the 350 first came out by showing it impressing all the german engineers on the track).
Yes, yes, the MDX does handle better. I for one don't care because the silky luxurious ride of the RX is what it's all about. No other SUV including MDX can come close in ride quality. The RX handles well enough for an SUV and well enough for most people.

Originally Posted by Threxx
The new 3.5 is nice, but the interiors still seem to have quite a few build quality glitches, especially for being this late in the model's design cycle...
I didn't know that there were problems with the interiors. Please enlighten me. I'd be quite surprised that Lexus has problems with the interior this late in the game. I love the interior of the RX. It just feels very luxurious and still very stylish...not even close to looking dated. My opinion of course.

Now I want some new wheels so please post pics of the 2008 RX

Kan-O-Z
Old 01-23-07, 12:12 PM
crowart
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kan-O-Z
I didn't know that there were problems with the interiors. Please enlighten me. I'd be quite surprised that Lexus has problems with the interior this late in the game. I love the interior of the RX. It just feels very luxurious and still very stylish...not even close to looking dated. My opinion of course.
I don't like that we're forced to choose wood-tones, although the new black maple is nice. I'd prefer a leather-wrapped shifter and steering wheel.
Old 01-23-07, 12:28 PM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kan-O-Z
Yes, yes, the MDX does handle better. I for one don't care because the silky luxurious ride of the RX is what it's all about. No other SUV including MDX can come close in ride quality. The RX handles well enough for an SUV and well enough for most people.

Kan-O-Z
Maybe this was in reference to the infamous rattles some of us have encountered.
Old 01-23-07, 05:28 PM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Thanks for the information jjbodean. It's excellent to have a dealer participating in these forums. If you were in CA, I guarantee you would rack up a TON of business for all your efforts and insight.
Old 01-24-07, 12:08 AM
ToyotaFan
Driver

Here are pictures of the facelifted Harrier-> http://toyota.jp/harrier

The changes are very subtle.

-The 5-spoke wheels (On the 350/240G Premium L Package) looks the same as the previous version, while the 7-spoke wheels on the AIRS model is new (It was previously a 5 spoke wheel with a ring & two bolts on each spoke, as seen on the Thundercloud Edition RX.).

-The grille might look the same at first, but it is slightly different, a design that is similar to the one found on the IS. Very subtle, but nice.

-Can't find the new exterior colors & the black bird's eye maple trim on the JDM model (Maybe they are exclusive color choices on the Lexus models for export?).

Other than that, everything else is the same (I think, or I might have missed out on a few.).

Last edited by ToyotaFan; 01-24-07 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-24-07, 05:42 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
i have to agree with kan, i dont really like the new MDX. I think the grill is hideous, and to take the rear from the failing Q7 was the worst decision ever. the interior looks like crap mainly because of the joystick looking think for the nav, which is really unclassy. again, i know many people like the car, just my opinions here.
I saw the MDX at our local car show last week and I found it rather ugly too. I nearly waited for it to be released last year, but now I am glad I bought my RX when I did.
Old 01-24-07, 09:46 AM
rob22909
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ToyotaFan
Here are pictures of the facelifted Harrier-> http://toyota.jp/harrier

The changes are very subtle.

-The 5-spoke wheels (On the 350/240G Premium L Package) looks the same as the previous version, while the 7-spoke wheels on the AIRS model is new (It was previously a 5 spoke wheel with a ring & two bolts on each spoke, as seen on the Thundercloud Edition RX.).

-The grille might look the same at first, but it is slightly different, a design that is similar to the one found on the IS. Very subtle, but nice.

-Can't find the new exterior colors & the black bird's eye maple trim on the JDM model (Maybe they are exclusive color choices on the Lexus models for export?).

Other than that, everything else is the same (I think, or I might have missed out on a few.).

Wow, after going on that website, I really wish I knew how to read Japanese.

Are you for certain that the "US" version of the 2008 Lexus RX350 will look like this Toyota Harrier. Although it does have some of the features that I heard were going to be part of the '08 (chrome door handle, 7 spoke wheels, etc), it also have some other things that I doubt will be in the US car (that strange mirror on the side fender, huge moonroof, toyota logos, etc). Also after doing some further clicking around in that site, I came to some pages where it offered accessory packages for the Harrier.

...you know, in case you wanted make a cameo in the next fast and the furious movie...

LOL... I got a kick out of those pics
Old 01-24-07, 10:05 AM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Default Pics.....finally

Here's a pic of the entire 2008 RX vs the 2007.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 MY RX350 Price Announcement-08-vs-07.jpg  
Old 01-24-07, 11:25 AM
ToyotaFan
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by rob22909
Wow, after going on that website, I really wish I knew how to read Japanese.

Are you for certain that the "US" version of the 2008 Lexus RX350 will look like this Toyota Harrier. Although it does have some of the features that I heard were going to be part of the '08 (chrome door handle, 7 spoke wheels, etc), it also have some other things that I doubt will be in the US car (that strange mirror on the side fender, huge moonroof, toyota logos, etc). Also after doing some further clicking around in that site, I came to some pages where it offered accessory packages for the Harrier.
The fender blindspot mirror is a JDM only feature, but I wouldn't mind installing it when I can afford an RX350 (Or the next gen model) here in Australia, my dream car.

On the (or as you describe it, huge.) Panoramic moonroof, isn't that option available in the US & Canada? I remember seeing a press picture of a US-spec RX350 with it.

btw, the red car is a Harrier Zagato by Zagato Design. Launched last year, only 250 units will be produced. The special bodykit & gold 5 twin spoke wheels makes it tough looking & robot like.

The first gen pre-facelift Harrier also had a Zagato variant, it was launched in 1999 or 2000 if I'm not mistaken.

Gah! I just couldn't believe I did too much research!

Man, I need a life!

Last edited by ToyotaFan; 01-24-07 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-24-07, 11:47 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Another boring suv design by lexus. Add some excitement to the vehicle. Well my ex girl definately would love one.
Old 01-24-07, 01:24 PM
al777
Driver School Candidate

Here is the picture with wheels. The left one is the new 18" design for 2008. I saw it in dealer's brochure here in Canada. I like it
Attached Thumbnails 2008 MY RX350 Price Announcement-wheels.jpg  
Old 01-24-07, 01:52 PM
al777
Driver School Candidate

And here is the new '08 front grille, just replace Toyota Harrier's logo with Lexus one. Like with wheels, I saw it in dealer's brochure in Canada. In fact the logo looked to me a bit bigger than on previous model year, but I might be wrong. Same about the size of the grille itself - it *might* be a bit bigger, or it's just an optical illusion
Attached Thumbnails 2008 MY RX350 Price Announcement-new-harrier.jpg  
Old 01-24-07, 05:06 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

I'm not sure if I like the 7-spoke wheels better.

The new grill is hardly different to make it noticeable. The Thundercloud grill stands out more.
Old 01-24-07, 05:09 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Can't really see the chrome handles, but they appear to be the same design rather than the design on the ES/LS.

Quick Reply: 2008 MY RX350 Price Announcement