RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

What's the best network/phone combo for bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-06, 10:58 PM
Bosco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best network/phone combo for bluetooth?

verizon still ?

Last edited by Bosco; 11-30-06 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-01-06, 06:48 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

I've had AT&T (Before Cingular), T-Mobile and Cingular. Now I'm with Verizon and I feel the coverage for my needs is superior to those mentioned. However, it's an arm and a leg because they charge for everything!

As far as BT phones for the RX, your best bet is to check out the BT compatibility list on Lexus.com and select the phone that has most functionality (ie. connectivity, signal reading, battery reading, address book transfer, etc).

I have an XV6700 and the wife has a RAZR V3M. Mine connects properly, but I only have basic functionality. The RAZR has a bit more including battery/signal reading for her phone.

I'll post the link to the compat list when I find it.
Old 12-01-06, 06:51 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

HERE's the link.
Old 12-01-06, 07:16 PM
Bosco
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TripleDES
I've had AT&T (Before Cingular), T-Mobile and Cingular. Now I'm with Verizon and I feel the coverage for my needs is superior to those mentioned. However, it's an arm and a leg because they charge for everything!

As far as BT phones for the RX, your best bet is to check out the BT compatibility list on Lexus.com and select the phone that has most functionality (ie. connectivity, signal reading, battery reading, address book transfer, etc).

I have an XV6700 and the wife has a RAZR V3M. Mine connects properly, but I only have basic functionality. The RAZR has a bit more including battery/signal reading for her phone.

I'll post the link to the compat list when I find it.

Thanks for this info.

By reading the other posts about bluetooth and Lexus, especially Verizon bluetooth and Lexus, the biggest complaint was that the phonebook could not be transferred.

I learned today that the current version of the Navigation unit allows for manual input of phone numbers, whereas the previous ones didn't. (is this true?) My dealer will transfer all my phone numbers into the RX350 for me. It apparently was a part of my purchase agreement. So, no reason not to consider Verizon, I guess.

As for the phones, my dealer recommends Motorola or LG phones. He didn't care for Samsung phones. Looking at the chart on Lexus' website that you linked me to, it looks like RAZR or Chocolate might be best for my wife.
Old 12-05-06, 07:21 AM
RXchic
Driver School Candidate

I have the Sprint Samsung A640 and had A900 (Blade). Both of which did not transfer the phonebook. You have to send each contact one-by-one..which is ridiculous.. who the heck has that much time on their hands? I just programmed the one-touch numbers that I really need manually.

I think the Honda/Acura does a better job with Bluetooth technology. It auto-synchs to where you see the reception bars on your navi screen too. My RX has the feature but it doesn't work with my phone.
Old 12-05-06, 08:32 AM
rho72
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased a RX350 with nav for my wife. She has a Sprint Samsung A900 which paired fine with the bluetooth nav. Had to manually input the phone numbers from her phonebook but it wasn't a big deal; she'll use the speed dial 95% of the time anyways.

I have a 2006 GX470 with 4th generation nav which I use a Sprint Treo 650 to pair with. Works great and I was able to transfer my phonebook using the quicklist function in the treo.
Old 12-06-06, 08:32 AM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My Blackberry and Audiovox both work fine with the BT in the RX (both Cingular). The Blackberry does properly show the signal strength but I'm not sure that this information is helpful to me. Both require syncing the phone book one number at a time but there are only 18 available one touch slots so this wasn't an issue for me.
Old 12-06-06, 08:50 AM
steiner
Driver

On my RX350, when connected by BT, the person on the other end always having problem hearing me. But I always hear them fine. I tried different phones when the signal was at maximum and talked at dirrerent levels, with the same problem.

Do you have any idea why? Thanks.
Old 12-06-06, 08:52 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steiner
On my RX350, when connected by BT, the person on the other end always having problem hearing me. But I always hear them fine. I tried different phones when the signal was at maximum and talked at dirrerent levels, with the same problem.

Do you have any idea why? Thanks.
Try turning up the send volume by going into the service menu. There's a thread about it in the first page.
Old 12-06-06, 12:01 PM
steiner
Driver

Try turning up the send volume by going into the service menu. There's a thread about it in the first page.
Please tell me first page of what? I can't find it. Paste me a link please.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-06, 07:53 PM
brianf
Driver School Candidate

Default Same issue

I just got my 2007 RX350 last week and one of the big selling points for me was the integrated BlueTooth, I was very frustrated when I called someone and she said she couldn't bare talking to me anymore b/c of how far away I sounded and all the background noise. Maybe its settings in the car or maybe its my cell phone, Im using a BlackBerry 7105T. Anyone else have experience using this phone in the RX350? If so, suggestions?
Old 12-06-06, 07:59 PM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steiner
Please tell me first page of what? I can't find it. Paste me a link please.

HERE's the link. While the RX is off, just hold down the info button and switch your lights to the on and off position 3 times and you will enter the service menu.

Tread lightly or you may make unintended alterations to your RX's system.
Old 12-06-06, 10:02 PM
steiner
Driver

HERE's the link. While the RX is off, just hold down the info button and switch your lights to the on and off position 3 times and you will enter the service menu.

Tread lightly or you may make unintended alterations to your RX's system.
Hold INFO down
Turn light switch on off
Diagnosis Menu
Old 12-06-06, 10:19 PM
steiner
Driver

Sorry about the previous message which I might sent by mistake while trying to work the menu in the car and typing notes on my laptop at the same time in a dark garage in freezing weather. The blessing and curse of wireless connection.

I found it (I think). Following is the procedure to change BT voice quality in 07 RX350:

1. Turn ignition on.

2. While pressing the INFO hard button, turn light switch on/off three times. This will bring up the "Diagnosis Menu" screen.

3. Press "Menu" at the upper right corner. This will bring up following choices:

System Check Mode
Display Check
Navigation check
Camera Check
Bluetooth TL Check

4. Select "Bluetooth TL Check". This will bring up the next screen with the following choices:

Bluetooth Check
Handsfree Voice Quality Set

5. Select "Handsfree Voice Quality Set". This will bring up the next screen where you can set the voice level. The following are of interest:

Receive Voice level: Initially set at 0. Maximum is 5 I made adjustment to 4.
Send Voice Level: Intially set at 0. Maximum is 5 Again, I adjusted to 4.

6. Press "Set"

7. Back out of each screen

8. Turn off ignition.

I have not check my adjustment yet since it is nearly midnight. Cannot call anyone to check. Seems kind of silly. Will do that tomorrow.

Warning: Do not mess with other items which you might not be familiar with. I don't know what would happen. Just stick to the BT voice quality.

Good luck!

Last edited by steiner; 12-08-06 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-07-06, 03:35 PM
free_the_p
Driver School Candidate

Default Best is SonyEricsson W600i

SE w600i is the best. T637 works OK too, so does MOTO v600.

Quick Reply: What's the best network/phone combo for bluetooth?