RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

What's the best network/phone combo for bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-06, 07:14 PM
rho72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by steiner
Sorry about the previous message which I might sent by mistake while trying to work the menu in the car and typing notes on my laptop at the same time in a dark garage in freezing weather. The blessing and curse of wireless connection.

I found it (I think). Following is the procedure to change BT voice quality in 07 RX350:

1. Turn ignition on.

2. While pressing the INFO hard button, turn light switch on/off three times. This will bring up the "System Check Mode" screen.

3. Press "Menu" at the upper right corner. This will bring up a "Service Check" screen with the following choices:

Display Check
Navigation check
Camera Check
Bluetooth TL Check

4. Select "Bluetooth TL Check". This will bring up the next screen with the following choices:

Bluetooth check
Handsfree Voice Quality Set

5. Select "Handsfree Voice Quality Set". This will bring up the next screen where you can set the voice level. The following are of interest:

Receive Voice level: Initially set at 0. I made adjustment to 4 (5 is max)
Send Voice Level: Intially set at 0. Again, I adjusted to 4 (5 is max)

6. Press "Set"

7. Back out of each screen

8. Turn off ignition.

I have not check my adjustment yet since it is nearly midnight. Cannot call anyone to check. Seems kind of silly. Will do that tomorrow.

Good luck.

Had the same problem with sounding distant to callers. Followed your instructions and works perfectly! Called my wife from the RX (her SUV) and she stated the sound quality was much better. The same procedure worked in my SUV (GX470). Set receive and send voice level to 4. Thanks for the tips.
Old 12-14-06, 12:02 PM
RXchic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by steiner
Sorry about the previous message which I might sent by mistake while trying to work the menu in the car and typing notes on my laptop at the same time in a dark garage in freezing weather. The blessing and curse of wireless connection.

I found it (I think). Following is the procedure to change BT voice quality in 07 RX350:

1. Turn ignition on.

2. While pressing the INFO hard button, turn light switch on/off three times. This will bring up the "Diagnosis Menu" screen.

3. Press "Menu" at the upper right corner. This will bring up following choices:

System Check Mode
Display Check
Navigation check
Camera Check
Bluetooth TL Check

4. Select "Bluetooth TL Check". This will bring up the next screen with the following choices:

Bluetooth Check
Handsfree Voice Quality Set

5. Select "Handsfree Voice Quality Set". This will bring up the next screen where you can set the voice level. The following are of interest:

Receive Voice level: Initially set at 0. Maximum is 5 I made adjustment to 4.
Send Voice Level: Intially set at 0. Maximum is 5 Again, I adjusted to 4.

6. Press "Set"

7. Back out of each screen

8. Turn off ignition.

I have not check my adjustment yet since it is nearly midnight. Cannot call anyone to check. Seems kind of silly. Will do that tomorrow.

Warning: Do not mess with other items which you might not be familiar with. I don't know what would happen. Just stick to the BT voice quality.

Good luck!
Would this work for a 2005 RX330??
Old 12-19-06, 01:14 PM
Club924
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by free_the_p
SE w600i is the best. T637 works OK too, so does MOTO v600.
how come i don't see the SE w600i as part of the list of phones that are compatible with the RX350? i'm looking for a new cell phone, so i'm trying to get as much info as i can.

also, i would love to get the T-Mobile Sidekick, but it's not on the list, so does that mean i'm outta luck?
Old 12-26-06, 01:12 PM
Ms350
Rookie

The issue of compatible phones confuses me. People have listed phones that are not on the list I am finding on Lexus.com as working with the RX350's Nav system. However, I called the number provided in the FAQ (Connects to LetsTalk.com) and they say the ones listed on the website are the only ones that work.

I was interested in the newer LG 8600 (flip phone version of the Chocolate according to CNET) but was told it is not compatible. I was also told that Lexus would have tested them before they ever came onto the market, so if it isn't listed now, it will not come on the compatiable list later.

Along with Club924, I am looking for a new phone (and possibly new provider) The "Chocolate" phone looks alright, but I think that touch dial would drive me crazy~~
Old 12-26-06, 04:20 PM
Lexus_G
Driver School Candidate

I got my RX350 last month and this is my first post on this forum. My phone Cingular 3125 fails to transfer contact via BT. The NAV and my phone pair up with no problem but when I send the contact, it shows "transfer failed". My phone is list as a compatible on the Lexus phone list. Anyone has this problem ?
Old 12-26-06, 07:13 PM
barry_s
Driver School Candidate

I would be real surprised if the LG8600 is not compatible. I suspect it isn't on the list because it is new. I got an LG 8300 (Verizon) last month and it works great. I can even transfer multiple contacts at once. Go to a Verizon store and take a phone out to the car and try it.
Old 12-26-06, 07:26 PM
Bosco
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ms350
The issue of compatible phones confuses me. People have listed phones that are not on the list I am finding on Lexus.com as working with the RX350's Nav system. However, I called the number provided in the FAQ (Connects to LetsTalk.com) and they say the ones listed on the website are the only ones that work.

I was interested in the newer LG 8600 (flip phone version of the Chocolate according to CNET) but was told it is not compatible. I was also told that Lexus would have tested them before they ever came onto the market, so if it isn't listed now, it will not come on the compatiable list later.

Along with Club924, I am looking for a new phone (and possibly new provider) The "Chocolate" phone looks alright, but I think that touch dial would drive me crazy~~
I bought the LG8600 and my wife has the LG8500 (Chocolate). They both work fine with her 2007 RX350 FWD. I think the Nav version is 6.1. The Lexus.com's list of phones is not complete. The LG8600 is the same phone as the LG8500 anyways, just a flip version.

They both paired up on first try, without any problems. You can't transfer the phone book, so you have to enter your contact info manually. The Nav screen displays the battery meter and the signal strength for both phones.

And, contrary to what I was told initially, Verizon is working out fine for us here in Southern California.
Old 12-27-06, 03:38 PM
Ms350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bosco
I bought the LG8600 and my wife has the LG8500 (Chocolate). They both work fine with her 2007 RX350 FWD. I think the Nav version is 6.1. The Lexus.com's list of phones is not complete. The LG8600 is the same phone as the LG8500 anyways, just a flip version.

They both paired up on first try, without any problems. You can't transfer the phone book, so you have to enter your contact info manually. The Nav screen displays the battery meter and the signal strength for both phones.

And, contrary to what I was told initially, Verizon is working out fine for us here in Southern California.
Thanks Barry & Bosco~~

Bosco~ I'm happy to hear the 8600 works, at least in your vehicle. How can I tell what version I have? It's a 2007, are they all the 6.1? How do you like the 8600?

I saw that it was a flip version of the chocolate on CNET, and thought it would work in the RX, since the Chocolate is on the list, but they insisted it would not. I'm not to concerned with the phone book transfers, I dont use the phone for business and have just a few contacts to add, so it wouldn't be a big deal. I just want to be able to make and receive calls for the most part.
Old 12-27-06, 10:38 PM
Bosco
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ms350
Thanks Barry & Bosco~~

Bosco~ I'm happy to hear the 8600 works, at least in your vehicle. How can I tell what version I have? It's a 2007, are they all the 6.1? How do you like the 8600?

I saw that it was a flip version of the chocolate on CNET, and thought it would work in the RX, since the Chocolate is on the list, but they insisted it would not. I'm not to concerned with the phone book transfers, I dont use the phone for business and have just a few contacts to add, so it wouldn't be a big deal. I just want to be able to make and receive calls for the most part.
There may be other ways of finding out what version Nav you have. Here seems to be one way to find out.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=nav+version

LG8600 is a very nice phone and has much better menu controls than the Chocolate. Fingerprints are kinda annoying on the piano black finish, though.

Overall, it's a great looking phone that seems to work particularly well with Lexus Bluetooth. So, I give it