RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Reccomendations for accessories?

Old 10-17-06, 03:13 PM
aznchick15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reccomendations for accessories?

Hi, I've been looking on this forum and ebay. But I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions for accessories for the RX 330. Looking for car mats, cargo cover, privacy cover for the rear... Prefer Lexus only parts, but if you think you got something good, please let me know. Thanks in advance...

Laurie
Proud new owner of 2005 Lexus RX330
Old 10-17-06, 04:57 PM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Welcome to the club Laurie!
Old 10-18-06, 12:08 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome

i am not sure what you mean by privacy cover, but the other items you can get from lexus-parts.com . they are a clublexus vendor and you can find a lot of stuff there. i've gotten all kinds of goodies there, from floor mats to wheels.

use discount code CL911M to get the clublexus 10% discount. shipping is very cheap and service is great.
Old 10-18-06, 11:24 AM
lvn098
Rookie

Hi,

Anyone purchased RX350 recently? What do you get besides Owner Manuals? My previous Infiniti comes with some cleaning & washing kits, but I've got nothing with my RX350. Is there an Emergency kit come as standard on all Lexus?
Old 10-18-06, 11:47 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by lvn098
Hi,

Anyone purchased RX350 recently? What do you get besides Owner Manuals? My previous Infiniti comes with some cleaning & washing kits, but I've got nothing with my RX350. Is there an Emergency kit come as standard on all Lexus?
There was a first aid kit in the rear floor compartment of my RX, but there was no roadside emergency kit. As I recall, my Mercedes had both though.
Old 10-18-06, 12:14 PM
lok888
Pole Position

Ha ha ha! At least my Sorento has the roadside assistant number sticker on the driver side window. Luckily, I have not called that number yet. Also, its first aid kit has some female pads too?????

Last edited by lok888; 10-18-06 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-18-06, 02:57 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lok888
Ha ha ha! At least my Sorento has the roadside assistant number sticker on the driver side window. Luckily, I have not called that number yet. Also, its first aid kit has some female pads too?????
Good point! Check the contents of your First Aid Kit to be sure you have common items you may need: including eye drops, aspirin, tweezers that actually work, a decent pair of scissors, tape, gauze, burn ointment, band-aids, antiseptic, alcohol pads, etc. It's always the simple stuff you miss most - like lip balm and antacids, rather than the full leg splint.

I actually carry a second kit from my boat that was just laying around gathering dust. It includes much more, up to and including ace bandages, a plastic airway, and water purification tablets. That kit, sold by Johnson and Johnson as a purpose-built "marine" unit (waterproof) is a good deal larger than the standard Lexus kit, but is about half the retail price in boating and camping stores, with similar kits available in large pharmacies.

Because I often work on remote industrial locations, I carry a bit more than most people, including a collection of chemical lights, flashlights w/ spare batteries, a pair of FSR radios w/ extra batteries, a Leatherman tool, and a good tow strap. All that fits easily into those sub-floor compartments. I also carry a golf umbrella, a good small pair of binoculars {in the driver's door pocket for spotting), and for long trips, a chuck box (soft-sided cooler) with a few tins of food, crackers, bottled water, and trail mix.

When the situation demands, I can go an extra day or two in the boonies with small entrenching tool, waterproof matches, a box of kleenex, a blanket and a couple of pillows. Surprisingly, it's not too uncomfortable, and when travelling off the beaten path, it's good to know you're ready for just about anything. I used to carry a 12-ga. flare pistol for dire emergencies - and a couple of additonal 12-ga. shells for defensive purposes, but figured those could be dangerous in a cheap pistol.
Old 10-24-06, 04:49 PM
lexigirl06
Rookie

Try the "formfit deflector" it looks nice specially if you have mica /black.
Old 10-25-06, 07:35 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by lexigirl06
Try the "formfit deflector" it looks nice specially if you have mica /black.
You mean like mine?
Attached Thumbnails Reccomendations for accessories?-lexus-front-web.jpg  
Old 10-25-06, 12:44 PM
lexigirl06
Rookie

Yes, looks nice too, it is really fitted to the hood compare to other deflector.
Old 12-27-08, 12:56 PM
ColdLexus
Driver

Wonder how that will look on Red?
Old 01-04-09, 05:36 PM
Daverubino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Good point! Check the contents of your First Aid Kit to be sure you have common items you may need: including eye drops, aspirin, tweezers that actually work, a decent pair of scissors, tape, gauze, burn ointment, band-aids, antiseptic, alcohol pads, etc. It's always the simple stuff you miss most - like lip balm and antacids, rather than the full leg splint.

I actually carry a second kit from my boat that was just laying around gathering dust. It includes much more, up to and including ace bandages, a plastic airway, and water purification tablets. That kit, sold by Johnson and Johnson as a purpose-built "marine" unit (waterproof) is a good deal larger than the standard Lexus kit, but is about half the retail price in boating and camping stores, with similar kits available in large pharmacies.

Because I often work on remote industrial locations, I carry a bit more than most people, including a collection of chemical lights, flashlights w/ spare batteries, a pair of FSR radios w/ extra batteries, a Leatherman tool, and a good tow strap. All that fits easily into those sub-floor compartments. I also carry a golf umbrella, a good small pair of binoculars {in the driver's door pocket for spotting), and for long trips, a chuck box (soft-sided cooler) with a few tins of food, crackers, bottled water, and trail mix.

When the situation demands, I can go an extra day or two in the boonies with small entrenching tool, waterproof matches, a box of kleenex, a blanket and a couple of pillows. Surprisingly, it's not too uncomfortable, and when travelling off the beaten path, it's good to know you're ready for just about anything. I used to carry a 12-ga. flare pistol for dire emergencies - and a couple of additonal 12-ga. shells for defensive purposes, but figured those could be dangerous in a cheap pistol.
Good suggestions. I would include a CPR pocket mask and a couple of pair of exam gloves. Just remember to change the gloves once in awhile because they disintergrate over time.
Old 01-04-09, 05:40 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JorgeGVB
There was a first aid kit in the rear floor compartment of my RX, but there was no roadside emergency kit. As I recall, my Mercedes had both though.
not anymore, budget cuts, they come with single white glove now to change the tire. Ironically, now they actually need them since their cars breakdown a lot. I guess that's what TeleAid is for. Hence build a unreliable not so bad that people will not buy it though. But so people think twice when not renewing their subscription to TeleAid as there car may breakdown at anytime. Win Win
Old 01-04-09, 05:44 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexuslover
welcome

i am not sure what you mean by privacy cover, but the other items you can get from lexus-parts.com . they are a clublexus vendor and you can find a lot of stuff there. i've gotten all kinds of goodies there, from floor mats to wheels.

use discount code CL911M to get the clublexus 10% discount. shipping is very cheap and service is great.
Where is the list of partnered vendors? I love using coupons it makes me feel good when I am saving money