RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX350 Pricings

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-06, 07:48 PM
csk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any information on prices in Chicagoland? I'm probably going to pick up an RX350 awd this weekend. I'm looking at getting one with the Premium Package Luxury Value Edition with additional options that seem to be equipped on models shipped to the Midwest: heated seats, rain sensing wipers, headlight washers, wheel locks, cargo mat, and towing prep. MSRP is around $41,700 and so far without very much negotiating I've received prices inbetween $37,900 to $38,500. I'm hoping to end up around $37,000.
Old 11-23-06, 11:16 PM
moolman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can somebody confirm for me the mileage penalty on a lexus lease. Is it 15 cents at signing, 20 cents afterwards.

Thanks
Old 11-27-06, 01:34 AM
moolman
Pole Position

I took Boscos post and buying experience as a guide leased the car.

36 month lease with 18k per year.

$471.48 per month with 9 MSDs and no cap reduction...

MSRP: $44,146
Sales price: $37,500
Acquisition fee: $600
Registration, license: $335
Document prep: $48.71
Other fees: $8.75 (California Tire Fee)

Lease info:
Gross Capitalized Cost $38,100 (sales price + acquisition)
Current Money Factor for 36months 18K: .00133
Discount for putting down 9 refundable security deposits: .0009
Final Money Factor: .00043
Residual = 56% also minus $1350 for 9000 extra miles at $0.15. I'm doing 18K/year.
Total monthly payment with 8.25% tax = $471.48

I paid for first months and title at drive off. That's it.

Side note, I got 56% residual at 15K instead of 12K unlike Bosco. Don't know why, I didn't complain but the norm seems to be 56%/12K, 54%/15K.
Old 11-29-06, 06:07 PM
amostama
Driver School Candidate

Default Just Leased new RX350 AWD

I just leased a new RX350 with all the bells and whistles. Decent out the door price of $41,500. After reading a few other posts, I'm wondering if I got ripped off? The money factor is at .00298 everything else jives with a couple other posts $600 lease fee, $675 security deposit +tax and reg. $0 down.

My payments are at $660/month for 48 months 15k miles. What are your thoughts?
Old 11-29-06, 07:11 PM
moolman
Pole Position

amostama,
You should post the MSRP for the car, the residual you got, and what you paid for the car.

From your post, you money factor is high but since you made a security deposit, it could be because you don't have Tier1+ credit. If you did, which is FICO 730+, you should of recieved 0.00133, that is if the dealer wanted to be fair, Tier 1 is 0.00143 right now which I believe is FICO 700+. So unless your credit is below 700+, it seems you paid alot more than many others. If you see my previous post, I'm paying $471 for 36 months, 18K a year. I have the RX350 FWD, almost fully loaded, navi, premium plus package. MSRP 44146.

It's too late now so just enjoy the car.
Old 11-30-06, 12:13 PM
rho72
Driver School Candidate

Just placed a deposit on a 2007 RX350 millenium silver metallic FWD with navigation/premium plus/18 in wheels/rain sensing wipers/heated seats/cargo mat/wheel locks/towing prep (MSRP $44,306; factory invoice $39,045). Closed the deal for a little under invoice at $39,000 plus doc fees, taxes, title/license. We'll be picking up the car on Sunday afternoon.

Got the best price I could get for the southeast. I know you can get the RX for $1200-$1600 below invoice in CA but it was a struggle working a deal here in the southeast. I got quotes from TN, AL, GA, KY and NC. Got the best deal here in TN, was patient and waited til month end. CarSpace forums at edmunds are VERY helpful in giving you an idea of what RX owners are paying in different regions of the country.
Old 11-30-06, 01:57 PM
Mousse
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rho72
Just placed a deposit on a 2007 RX350 millenium silver metallic FWD with navigation/premium plus/18 in wheels/rain sensing wipers/heated seats/cargo mat/wheel locks/towing prep (MSRP $44,306; factory invoice $39,045). Closed the deal for a little under invoice at $39,000 plus doc fees, taxes, title/license. We'll be picking up the car on Sunday afternoon.

Got the best price I could get for the southeast. I know you can get the RX for $1200-$1600 below invoice in CA but it was a struggle working a deal here in the southeast. I got quotes from TN, AL, GA, KY and NC. Got the best deal here in TN, was patient and waited til month end. CarSpace forums at edmunds are VERY helpful in giving you an idea of what RX owners are paying in different regions of the country.
What were your doc fees?
Old 11-30-06, 02:17 PM
rho72
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mousse
What were your doc fees?
Yeah, that was the kicker. $489, which is ridiculous. Most dealers in the southeast are all over the board, anywhere from $129-$489. But, the dealership where the doc fees are $129, they also add some security etching feature that is $200 plus a "business" tax--some tax that is charged to the dealership by the state which they just then pass on to the consumer. I've learned to always ask for out the door pricing. I got some quotes from CA and pretty much their doc fees were $45 across the board.

However, I was willing to pay $200-300 over invoice for the car, so the fact that I got the car for a little under invoice made up, in my mind, for having to pay the doc fee.

The other thing that irked me during the negotiation process was the invoice pricing dealers were providing me, in general several hundreds of dollars over what "factory" invoice pricing you can get from edmunds, KBB or consumer reports. One saleswoman at an Atlanta dealer was especially arrogant and patronizing about it.
Old 11-30-06, 03:30 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

The other thing that irked me during the negotiation process was the invoice pricing dealers were providing me, in general several hundreds of dollars over what "factory" invoice pricing you can get from edmunds, KBB or consumer reports. One saleswoman at an Atlanta dealer was especially arrogant and patronizing about it.
the invoice pricing you find on the internet does not take into consideration dealer advertising fees and normally are several hundred dollars incorrect, that much actually is accurate.

BTW, our doc fee is $289
Old 11-30-06, 09:32 PM
Mousse
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, that was the kicker. $489, which is ridiculous. Most dealers in the southeast are all over the board, anywhere from $129-$489. But, the dealership where the doc fees are $129, they also add some security etching feature that is $200 plus a "business" tax--some tax that is charged to the dealership by the state which they just then pass on to the consumer. I've learned to always ask for out the door pricing. I got some quotes from CA and pretty much their doc fees were $45 across the board.

However, I was willing to pay $200-300 over invoice for the car, so the fact that I got the car for a little under invoice made up, in my mind, for having to pay the doc fee.

The consumer reports has the invoice price for this package at around 39,4. But I haven't seen anyone posting that they got it at that price on the east coast, have you?
Old 11-30-06, 10:41 PM
Mousse
Driver School Candidate

The consumer reports has the invoice price for this package at around 39,4. But I haven't seen anyone posting that they got it at that price on the east coast, have you?

Meant to say 38 and change. I was thinking you took AWD. I don't think anyone's getting it at the real, true invoice except in maybe southern Cali.
Old 12-01-06, 08:51 AM
rho72
Driver School Candidate

Actually, invoice pricing for our RX FWD $44,306 model is $39,045. This is the true factory invoice pricing--the easiest place to build cars is at KBB. The consumer reports I have for the RX is a little outdated because I got it before Lexus dropped the pricing $900 for their prem and prem plus packages back a few months ago. So I was able to get a little under invoice pricing but it took some work and patience.

There are some people who are getting invoice pricing in the Northeast. Just read through the RX350 pricing forum over at edmunds.com. I don't remember exactly where offhand, but I think somewhere in NJ, maybe in NY too. I do remember someone just got invoice pricing in PA as well. Up until I got my deal, I had not seen anything close to invoice pricing in the southeast. Outside of our deal, the best offer I had from a dealer in the southeast was $1000 over invoice. I was actually getting ready to buy the car in southern CA and have it shipped to TN before I got invoice pricing here.

At any rate, my price is 88% of MSRP (89% if you factor in the doc fee). Either way, it's a great deal. 88-90% of MSRP is in general a very good deal. As jjbodean says, some dealers include LDA "dealer advertising" fees in the invoice. I don't consider the LDA part of invoice. The dealer advertising fee is negotiable--some dealers will, some dealers won't. Invoice pricing is just a helpful guide for negotiation. The dealer still makes a healthy profit if they sell to you at invoice because of dealer holdbacks, dealer incentives, volume buying, etc.
Old 12-01-06, 09:01 AM
Mousse
Driver School Candidate

Actually, invoice pricing for our RX FWD $44,306 model is $39,045. This is the true factory invoice pricing--the easiest place to build cars is at KBB. The consumer reports I have for the RX is a little outdated because I got it before Lexus dropped the pricing $900 for their prem and prem plus packages back a few months ago. So I was able to get a little under invoice pricing but it took some work and patience.

There are some people who are getting invoice pricing in the Northeast. Just read through the RX350 pricing forum over at edmunds.com. I don't remember exactly where offhand, but I think somewhere in NJ, maybe in NY too. I do remember someone just got invoice pricing in PA as well. Up until I got my deal, I had not seen anything close to invoice pricing in the southeast. Outside of our deal, the best offer I had from a dealer in the southeast was $1000 over invoice. I was actually getting ready to buy the car in southern CA and have it shipped to TN before I got invoice pricing here.

At any rate, my price is 88% of MSRP (89% if you factor in the doc fee). Either way, it's a great deal. 88-90% of MSRP is in general a very good deal. As jjbodean says, some dealers include LDA "dealer advertising" fees in the invoice. I don't consider the LDA part of invoice. The dealer advertising fee is negotiable--some dealers will, some dealers won't. Invoice pricing is just a helpful guide for negotiation. The dealer still makes a healthy profit if they sell to you at invoice because of dealer holdbacks, dealer incentives, volume buying, etc.
I think you got a pretty nice deal when you compare it to what others are reporting in the east. I'm curious what you have as invoice in KBB for the same deal as you but with AWD.
Old 12-01-06, 09:11 AM
rho72
Driver School Candidate

I think you got a pretty nice deal when you compare it to what others are reporting in the east. I'm curious what you have as invoice in KBB for the same deal as you but with AWD.
Per KBB, invoice on the AWD with the same options is $40,284 with a MSRP $45,706. I'm not sure what it's like in the northeast, but I think the RXs in general come in level packaging, i.e. level 1, level 2, level 3, level 4. I have the level 3 package. I'm not sure if the AWD model has the same packaging as the FWD model.
Old 12-01-06, 02:57 PM
GreenD
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up an RX350 for $35,333+ttl. MSRP was $41,496, basically the least optioned RX350 you can build on Lexus.com. OTD was $38,59xx.xx. This was in SoCal.

Quick Reply: RX350 Pricings