RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

WeatherTech Window Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-06, 07:32 AM
lok888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile WeatherTech Window Deflectors

Anyone has the window deflectors installed on your RX? They are great on my other cars and better looking than other brand. My question is do you have the regular or darker version. I have the regular one on my cars.
Old 08-30-06, 07:59 AM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the darker version installed on my silver 05 RX. This is the second car I've installed them on. I like the fact that they are installed in the window channel and don't stick on the outside. The drivers window needed to be re-initialized after installing the deflector but I've had no other problems. I, too, like the look.
Old 08-30-06, 08:47 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Beauty being in the eye of the beholder, I hesitate to comment on their appearance - however my wife has them on her van and they are exceedingly practical - especially for smokers who want to drive with a window cracked open. These deflectors are quiet at highway speed, even with a substantial window opening. They also allow you to leave windows cracked when parked in hot weather for ventilation with protection against a passing rain shower - if you can accept the greater security risk.
Old 08-30-06, 08:49 AM
lok888
Pole Position

Gibster - Do you have All-Weather mats or WeatherTech FloorLiners? They are probably cost the same but I found the WeatherTech looks much better than All-Weather because it is a tray-like mat which protects the gas pedal area well, especially we are in snow regions. In addition, WeatherTech FloorLiners covers the whole rear passenger area, including the middle seat. What do you (you guys) think?
Old 08-31-06, 07:23 AM
Gibster
Driver

I've got the all weather mats (OEM) but if I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the Weather Tech mats. Like you, I don't think the OEM mats are deep enough for Chicago winters and the hole for the mat clip allows water to drain to if you aren't careful.
Old 09-27-06, 09:50 PM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by lok888
Anyone has the window deflectors installed on your RX? They are great on my other cars and better looking than other brand. My question is do you have the regular or darker version. I have the regular one on my cars.
hello...after removing the wind deflectors, sis the windows go up nicely and well sealed? What I am concerned about is, is that there may be a gap between the windows and the rubber channels they they go into once they have been in place for a while. Do you think the rubber seals will stay compressed over time, allowing for a gap between the window and the seals???

thanks
Old 09-28-06, 05:34 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by vandit23
hello...after removing the wind deflectors, sis the windows go up nicely and well sealed? What I am concerned about is, is that there may be a gap between the windows and the rubber channels they they go into once they have been in place for a while. Do you think the rubber seals will stay compressed over time, allowing for a gap between the window and the seals???

thanks
I had them a few years back on a Jeep GC and they didn't cause any problems with the seals. They are very well designed. If I was to be very picky, they are not perfectly clear so they slightly distort your vision. Of course, this is only when they are in direct view like when turning. You will quickly learn to work around this issue.
Old 09-28-06, 06:36 AM
lok888
Pole Position

I don't have the window deflector on my RX350 yet. I am still debating with my wife because of the cost and auto detailing issue. I do have them on my other SUV and my last car (Camry).

I removed the window deflector on my Camry before traded in. I don't have any problem with the rubber seal is being compressed over time. It will quickly learn to return to normal shape.
Old 09-28-06, 06:47 AM
Gibster
Driver

They do add a little complexity to the detailing specifically when drying. Because you can't get a towel between the inside of the deflector and the top of the window, I lower the windows about 1/3 and then dry both the top of the window and inside of the deflector. Not a big deal really but something to consider. It has become part of the normal detailing routine for me so I don't even think about it any more. I had them on my previous car for 8 years and so far have had them for one year on my RX. I'll add them to my next car as well. I think it gives the car a little customization without looking too blingy.
Old 09-28-06, 10:18 PM
vandit23
Driver

Thanks guys...just what i wanted to hear...I am going to get some///