RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

No Song Details on '07 Nav w/ Vaistec

Old 07-13-06, 11:49 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer about the Gen 3 NAV. Sounds like it's back to not working with the Gen 5 so far. Has anybody with the RX350 gotten the warning message bypass to work?
Old 07-13-06, 12:03 PM
srashid
Driver

Default Vaistech SLI

Lexuslover, thanks for that tip regarding the Gen 4 NAV, which is what I have on my 2005 RX. That is even more reason for me to get the SLI as for some reason that 'I Agree' button drives me round the twist!

I always find myself wishing I had the RX350 with Gen 5 NAV, but finally one small thing that makes me feel better.
Old 07-13-06, 01:33 PM
MJMeucci
Driver

Originally Posted by 32kcolors
Oh man, the unit is supposed to be in an easily accessible place. Wait for lexuslover's pics so you can see the 30 second off side panel.
30 second off side panel? I am intrigued....
Old 07-13-06, 02:42 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJMeucci
30 second off side panel? I am intrigued....
OK, here you guys go. i have not quite finished the whole thing, as i have been having problems with the I agree bypass which I now think is just not compatible with my 04 RX w/ Gen 3 Nav.

in any case, i know you guys are just dying to see the pics of the location. Remove the plastic panel to the left of the Front Passenger's feet. it is held on by two plastic screws and have little clips on the left side which you just slide the tabs out of. the screws can be pried off by hand or with a flathead. i did not fully close it up since i am waiting for more info from Vais (in case i have to send it back), but you get the point!! also the wire can be fed towards the rear of the footwell and then under the floormat if you prefer to have the excess pop up at the end of the floormat rather than ran underneath the center stack plastic. my pics are still a work in progress, i think i am running them towards the back first and then under the floormat and then stick out at the end of the floormat adjacent to the little tray.

i also have been putting together pics of the install step by step for 32kcolors and some others that have asked, but it's taking quite a lot of time, more than i expected. i'll try to have something up tomorrow (in a separate thread). very sorry about that.

the 30 sec removal of this panel lets you gain access to the SLI immediately. the gray wire is fed underneath the center stack until you reach the little tray on the floor, which is where my ipod will rest. i have the black interior so i plan to cover up that excess ipod cable with black electrical tape so it blends in. the ipod can easily be hidden out of sight under the seat or under the floormat when not in use.

anyway, feel free to comment with any questions

what it looks like with panel off:

SLI placed inside, velcro to bottom:

close it up (mine tabs are not aligned and no plastic screws in right now); run wire along side the plastic, or hide it underneath the floormat. mine is not fully tucked yet, still working, just took a few pics this morning and took off to work:
Old 07-13-06, 03:16 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Thanks very much, lexuslover. Take your time with the step by step pics as I won't be able to do the installation until after this weekend. Got a big event coming up this weekend.
Old 07-13-06, 03:30 PM
srashid
Driver

Default SLI Install on RX

Awesome, thanks very much, looking forward to rest of your instructions, but that's where my SLI will go. From your previous posts when you were describing this, I assumed you'd velcro'd the SLI to the tray in front of the cupholders.
Old 07-13-06, 10:32 PM
ChRX350
Driver School Candidate

Default tried it...

Originally Posted by MJMeucci
This actually may be the solution to my problem, in my GX the unit is definitely set up to MD emulation where as the GX is set up as CD changer emulation. I am going to try and change this and see if it changes anything...

Edit: On second thought, does anyone who has the SLI installed have it set up on MD emulation? I figure that asking is a lot easier than ripping apart my dash looking for the SLI since I have no clue where the installer put it.

Edit 2: Actually I don't think that our radio supports MD emulation after looking at the application guide from vaistech, it shows the RX350 supporting CD changer emulation
I've been working on this with my wife's new RX350 w/ Gen V NAV. I tried, both, MD and CD modes. Neither displays on playlist/song details on the NAV screen. The only difference is that with MD, it shows MD1 in the LCD and the NAV will display a message stating that the player is in AUX mode. The CD, at least allows you to control sound, speaker s/u and automatic sound level adjuster. Aside from that, it only shows the number of the CD (based on what playlist you've got on) and the track number (which is the same as song number). It does not show the same detail as what is in the LCD.

I'm wondering if VAIS knows about this lack of functionality of the SLI when installed with Gen V NAV???

Other than switching locations (ala Lexuslover's setup), I'm getting to use to it. I'm installing my Vizualogic headrest dvd player this weekend so at least that will take up the time instead of the SLI.
Old 07-13-06, 11:53 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

One last thing, have you tried the SAT emulation mode?

Back to the drawing board for Eugene if that still doesn't work.
Old 07-18-06, 12:40 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

here are the finished install instructions. thanks for your patience!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227901
Old 07-19-06, 12:18 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Awesome. The pics are perfect. Just what I needed to do the install myself, which I'll do this weekend. Thanks very much for taking the time to make the thread. I appreciate it.
Old 07-22-06, 08:28 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

MJMeucci & ChRX350,

Installed mine today. Program your unit in the CD-MP3 emulation mode (SAT emulation mode). This mode displays song details on the NAV screen in the RX350. I tried the CD changer emulation mode and it doesn't allow song details on the NAV screen, only the radio screen. The CD-MP3 (SAT) emulation mode does the opposite, displaying song details on the NAV screen but not the radio screen, so I guess you use whichever mode that suits your preference.
Old 07-23-06, 01:56 AM
MJMeucci
Driver

I am going to go try this right now... my wife thinks that I am crazy to go mess around with the car at 2 AM but I am really excited to see it work! haha

Edit: Okay 3 minutes later I now can get song details on the Nav and it works better than my GX because I can actually view a "folder list" and see all of my playlists !!! Thanks 32kcolors- you may want to let Eugene know about this fix.

Last edited by MJMeucci; 07-23-06 at 02:07 AM.
Old 07-23-06, 08:10 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Glad it worked. I'll be sure to inform Eugene about the fix. You might want to update your post on the vaistech forum as well.

Now if only they would find a fix for the "I Agree" bypass for Gen 5 NAV....
Old 07-23-06, 03:01 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Originally Posted by 32kcolors
Glad it worked. I'll be sure to inform Eugene about the fix. You might want to update your post on the vaistech forum as well.

Now if only they would find a fix for the "I Agree" bypass for Gen 5 NAV....
so the I Agree doesn't work on Gen 5 at all? i thought it does? so basically right now the only car they tested it on must be a Gen 4. our GS has Gen 4 and my friend's RX 400h has Gen 4, and they both work fine. my Gen 3 on the RX won't do the bypass either. i emailed eugene about my RX and they said at some point it will work once they have a Gen 3 car to run some tests.
Old 07-26-06, 09:44 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexuslover
so the I Agree doesn't work on Gen 5 at all? i thought it does? so basically right now the only car they tested it on must be a Gen 4. our GS has Gen 4 and my friend's RX 400h has Gen 4, and they both work fine. my Gen 3 on the RX won't do the bypass either. i emailed eugene about my RX and they said at some point it will work once they have a Gen 3 car to run some tests.
I emailed Eugene about the "I Agree" incompatibility issue with the Gen 5. He replied they have tested the RX350 for functionality, but never tested it for "I Agree" bypass since it was just a small load of units for group buy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Song Details on '07 Nav w/ Vaistec