RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-16, 07:18 PM
Biltong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wafting in...

Good eve!

So the engine in my S60R bit the dust and while I'm rebuilding that... in stepped a friend's sister who was selling her 04 RX330AWD, luxury pack with navigation and with 145k.
I'm very chuffed so far as she has taken meticulous care of it and the 'biggies' are done - timing belt, new dash, front shocks...

Creaking over bumps/load changes coming from the rear right - suspect a bushing or something in need of grease or replacement.

Cheers all!
Old 08-11-16, 06:17 PM
okipnis
Driver School Candidate

Default Navigator version

How to find navigator version on Lexus RX 350?
Thank you in advance
Oleg Kipnis
Okipnis@comcast.net
Old 09-07-16, 09:11 PM
Swanee3
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all,

Just picked up a beautiful 2007 RX 400h Saturday, drove to LA from Scottsdale and back with a new ride. I've owned a few Toyota's in my time and I'm a fan of the brand so this fits in my wheel house. Previous ride; 1995 4Runner, other rides; 2003 SLK320 and 1972 FJ40.

I work for Kyocera's Solar Division as a project engineer, electrician on the side and enjoy taking photos as a professional hobby, my main focus is modes of transportation and abstract images.

Ride Details:
Black on Black with wood trim
FWD
Odd. 136k

Paul

Last edited by Swanee3; 09-07-16 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-08-16, 08:29 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

Hey Swanee3 - nice car. They was a heck of a joy ride. Nice and comfortable, though, I bet.
Old 09-12-16, 04:23 AM
kanondu
Driver School Candidate

Default Help: Error code p0300

Hello guys
My name is Kanondu. I am new here . Please can anyone help me

I have rx 350 07 model. I have been using it for two years now no problem. recently I noticed that it doesn't move well at a certain speed. especially when I want to move with full force, the vehicle will be stalling as if it want to off but if I press the gas pedal gently, it will move fine. The funny thing is that at idle mode the engine steams very well without jerking safe in few occasion when I start it in the morning, it will jerk for some seconds and return normal.

I have clean the air filter severally and recently the check engine light came up and started flashing. I stopped the car and quickly diagnosed it with my obd scanner and error code P0300 came up and indicated random multiple cylinder misfire.

Any help on what to do will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 09-21-16, 07:33 PM
sho300
Driver School Candidate

Hello all
I just bought a 2008 lexus rx 350 w/64kmiles..she rides great!
Old 09-21-16, 08:04 PM
dmanwi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club. Nice low miles.
Old 09-22-16, 09:38 AM
Sevenfold
Driver School Candidate

Hey,

My Name is Damian,

I have a 2005 Lexus RX330
AWD
Silver

Live in Edmonton Albert Canada

So far I've done quite a bit of my own maintenance on the vehicle, so if anyone in the area ever needs assistance just let me know!

I've done suspension, bushings, spark plugs, brakes, navigation installation, timing belt.
Old 10-14-16, 02:01 PM
scotthcamp
Driver School Candidate

Default 2005 RX30 Savannah Metallic

2005 RX330 Savannah Metallic
Old 11-04-16, 07:03 AM
kaileb9350
Driver School Candidate

Default 09 rx 350

Hello,

Just picked up this gem from work...
2009 RX 350 AWD
Smoky Mica Granite
18" optional 7 spoke wheels
Premium pkg w/ Nav, bi-xenon leveling headlights
Old 11-14-16, 01:01 PM
BlackLexRX
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts
Thumbs up Happy to be here!

Just bought an 07 RX350, 69K miles, black. Great maintenance by prior owner, already had steering rack and all coils and plugs replaced. Been wanting to switch to Lexus ,for some time and glad I have. I really enjoy doing my own maintenance and combing through forums and discussing vehicles. This forum is highly active and I'm loving that. Great to finally be here and with Lexus, and thanks to everyone here for their posts and DIY.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-imag0184.jpg  
Old 11-16-16, 03:59 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Hello all. I should be picking up an '05 RX330 with 131k on it today. This will be my first Lexus, Toyota product for that matter. I think it has the Premium Package - 18" wheels, heated seats, headlight washers and adaptive HID headlights. It also has a rear DVD player (Audiovox - aftermarket) mounted to the headliner with wireless headphones. It's Flint Mica with light gray interior. The dash is cracking, but I doubt I'll get any assistance from a Lexus dealer due to age and miles. I was thinking of just getting a dash pad for it.

A few things I noticed during an extended test drive that the dealer is looking into:

I smelled coolant very strong at the front after about 45 minutes of driving - assuming leak in radiator, as that seems to be the most common source - no overheating, no exhaust smells indicating head gasket(s).
The orange headlight leveling light was on - assuming either broken bar for the sensor, or the sensor needs cleaned. Headlights run the normal up, down, side to side test normally.
Clunking in the rear end over rough/uneven pavement - assuming sway bar end links.
Whirling noise that increases with speed coming from rear - assuming at least one wheel bearing. I was alone on the test drive, so I couldn't clearly determine if it's coming from one side or the other.

Items I plan to address:

Typical headlight condensation. I'm going to seal the top seams and clean/buff the lenses.
Rear hatch has trouble opening with the remote. It seems if I use it a couple of times, it'll work properly. I'm assuming it needs new strut supports for power lift gate.
I have to get a replacement key or two. It only has the valet key and one master key that has a broken shaft. The remote still functions normally, so I'll just get a replacement cut shell for that. I'm still researching the best method for DIY key/fob programming for adding an additional key.
I have to get floor mats and a cargo mat, as well as a cargo cover. I'm still looking for a good price on a cover. They're still a bit pricy, even used.

The dealer put new tires on it, thinking the whirling noise could've been tires (not the culprit). I'm not sure of the brand off hand, but it did handle a little better than before. I think they're Sumitomo, but don't quote me on that. The dealer is also including a 6 month, 8,000 miles warranty with it. I feel sure that's enough time/miles to make sure any major problems are found and addressed.

Other than some minor scratches, and a small spot of rust in an odd location, it's in good shape for the year/miles.

If there's anything else I should look for, please fill me in. Thanks!
Old 12-10-16, 12:34 AM
Bravery
Driver School Candidate

Default Got a new car so of course I have to join a new forum!!

Hey all,

Bought my wife a 2004 RX 330 AWD in pearl white with 123K on the clock and pretty decent MX records. Has had a timing belt and all of the fluids changed within the last 20K. It has tan leather interior and has the DVD system in the back. I come from a long line of subaru ownership but got very tired of the H4 even though their AWD system is superior to toyotas IMO. I work as an aircraft mechanic and have been wrenching since I was little- Currently 29. I fully understand how forums work and YES I will utilize the search function as much as I can. I have already been all over this forum regarding the TC00503 TCU update.- Funny story, I called our local lexus dealer and explained to the service manager what I wanted done but he didn't understand what a TSB was... some service manager. He said as long as there is no check engine light the car should be running perfect. I'm fairly certain that I am not the only one who has dealt with this type of situation. Either way, we're extremely pleased with the vehicle so far. (went from an 08 base model to this) I do however have a couple of queries.

- From what I've read these trans seem to be very particular with the type of fluid they like- The trans was drain (not pressurized) at 97k and refilled with full synthetic "global" ATF. From working in autoparts for five years I know that not all fluids are created equal, although most are made in the same factory with different additives. Should I have Toyota service the trans with T-IV?

- While driving the car at any significant speed it is incredibly loud comparatively speaking to my moms 2010 450H, I get that its newer and way more expensive buuuuttt I was really thinking that the dB level in the rx330 would be much lower than the subie but its not. Its actually louder by about 10dB. Is this normal for this year RX? The rear wheel bearings do hum a little but those are getting changed with Timkins soon. I did see a mod for the cargo area which involves removing the tray and basically insulating the back empty space.

- Any suggestions of tribal knowledge would be appreciated regarding ANYTHING to look out for or that I need to do to keep my wife and new baby safe. Thanks guys and looking forward to becoming an avid member here. Last forum I was on I had as my home page and spent years learning and posting.

Thanks in advance.

-K
Old 12-28-16, 05:52 AM
Mariahpoo
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone! I just bought a midnight blue 2004 RX 330. ❤ i will post pics soon. Shes a beauty and a steal at $2600 under book! So in love with her.
Old 12-28-16, 08:36 AM
dmanwi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. Yes please post pics when you have time.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE