RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-13, 12:02 PM
Stikman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased a 2008 RX 350 with 60,000 mi. This is my first Lexus ( I was a Hond owner ) and I am thrilled great vehicle so far.
Old 10-29-13, 07:02 AM
Nozzleman
Driver School Candidate

05 Thunder Cloud edition w/ 62K on the odo. Speculation that the Thunder Cloud is some sort of gas.
Old 11-28-13, 05:14 AM
arbrnrngr
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm BAACK!
After the tragic loss of my one-owner LS430 with 235,814 miles (with ZERO problems - gosh, I LOVED that Mark Levinson stereo) following an accident where my 18 y.o. son was driving, I purchased a:

2008 RX350, silver, beige leather interior, 101,000 miles that appears to be in excellent shape after 2 owners.

Still need to register it but drove it 40 miles home and it felt as solid as a Lexus feels. Here's to another 100,000 miles or more.

arbrnrngr
Old 12-05-13, 09:12 AM
kjv1611
Driver School Candidate

Came from: 99 Ford F150, just over 100k miles
What vehicle did I get: dark blue 2007 Lexus RX 350, cream leather interior, 91k miles, AWD
Options:
- Navigation System
- Levison DVD Audio System
- Heated front seats
- DVD System in back with 2 wireless headphones
- Bluetooth, voice activiation - or are those standard? Car doesn't usually understand my commands, but it's cool to talk to the car anyway.
- Etc - what did they NOT put in this thing??

I'm ecstatic. I'm so thankful one dealer talked me into trying out a Lexus RX model. To date, I had been in a Lexus a few times (relative), and even drove it for a day. But I never asked about price/cost. Frankly once I started seriously checking into it, I'm not sure why I didn't look at Lexus before!

So, 91k, and I'm hoping to hit 300k+ one day. 3rd party mechanic laughed and said, "you'll hit 250k, and MAYBE something will break) after checking it over inside and out, top to bottom.

The two annoying things I am aware of so far with mine is:
1. Cruise control isn't working dealer (non-Lexus) said couldn't figure out why, would have to go to Lexus
2. Missing 2nd Master Key - I realize only need one for driving, but would like to have one for me, one for my wife. So maybe eventually we'll get it replaced, but at somewhere between $210 (lowest local quote so far) to over $300 from what I've read here on these forums, we may well just do without. We do now have a "valet key" type that was cut for us when we got the car as a compromise, and we have the card key and flat key? in the user manual.

Something I'd like to eventually look into, maybe is setting up an aux-in setup like I've read on this forum of folks doing - so could use maybe a USB hard drive or flash drive, or at least an MP3 player of some sort.. but that's a big maybe. Seeing as how I can just load up DVDs with MP3s, seems using an Aux-In wouldn't be that big of a help. But some of the add-ins also got my attention, b/c they auto-skip the "I Agree" button - that alone makes it seem worth checking into later.

Excited first time Lexus owner, hope this one goes a long way, and if it works out well, could be looking for another in a few more years - not as replacement for this, but our other vehicle.
Old 12-15-13, 03:11 PM
Marygay
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 rx350 dark blue here

Just bought this sweet car in Maine. Went immediately to Freeport LlBean to get biker ack and kayak racks and tow bar for bike racks. I love this car. It had 65,000 miles on it and I drove it to Florida where I live in the winter. Now I am thinking about buying a small retro camper to tow around Florida. We like camping in Florida,s State parks with our dogs.

Did I say , I really love this car. Do you think I could tow about three thousand lbs with it?
Old 12-17-13, 07:48 AM
kjv1611
Driver School Candidate

I can fully understand you loving that car. Ours is about the same - 2007 RX 350, dark blue, and I do indeed love this car! Of course, you got a better mileage number than I did, but from what I'm reading, seems they are just getting broken in at 100k miles.

No idea about towing here, but I know it can tow some amounts - I wonder if the manual covers the weight limit?
Old 12-17-13, 01:45 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Marygay
Just bought this sweet car in Maine. Went immediately to Freeport LlBean to get biker ack and kayak racks and tow bar for bike racks. I love this car. It had 65,000 miles on it and I drove it to Florida where I live in the winter. Now I am thinking about buying a small retro camper to tow around Florida. We like camping in Florida,s State parks with our dogs.

Did I say , I really love this car. Do you think I could tow about three thousand lbs with it?
Welcome to Club Lexus, Marygay.

Can we assume yours is AWD and that it came with the Tow Package upgrade? If you have the Tow Package you are rated up to 3500 lbs for towing. If you would be towing here in Flatland, FL that would not be all that bad. Without the Tow Package I would not recommend anything other than light stuff like bikes, etc.

Should you tow you will want to make sure you change out the transmission fluid and the gear oils much more often.
Old 12-21-13, 02:42 PM
giotunac
Driver School Candidate

Been meaning to share my car for awhile, but I have a 2004 RX that was desperate need of some change. This car been abused coming from living in the country. Only have one before picture, but the difference is day and night, literally. I love my ride now, I get lots of stares driving through town.

I bought a new set of 19 inch OEM Lexus Rims painted in black chrome on Toyo Versados CUV, best tires I've had.
Repaint all black, including all chrome.
Limo tint all the way around.

Enjoy the before and after.

Sorry for the unprofessional pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-04b959b6a8e211e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0176.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_0179.jpg  
Old 12-22-13, 05:49 AM
ceads9
Driver

Wow , that looks great I love the grill
Old 12-22-13, 09:21 AM
Browninggo
Rookie

Nice ride...
Old 12-30-13, 04:17 PM
LuckyPants
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New to the Lexus crowd

New to the Lexus crowd -- we lost both of our Hondas (as well as the house) to the 11/17/2013 tornado in Washington, Illinois. I had a 2006 CR-V EX AWD and my wife had a 2010 Accord EX, both of which were in the garage when the tornado hit. We were able to dig them out of the rubble, and I drove them both out what was the back wall of the garage and through the back yard. I was hoping to keep my beloved little CR-V, but both vehicles had enough damage that the insurance company said no. I wasn't able to find another CR-V that I liked locally, but the salesman said "Wait, I have an idea" and ducked out of the office. A couple of minutes later I saw an RX330 drive by and pointed it out to my wife, since for years she had wanted one for herself. Then I saw our salesman get out and realized it was meant for me. After a quick test drive and some negotiating it was mine for roughly the same amount as the insurance check for the CR-V. I figured I'd keep it for a year or two and see how I liked it in the long term.

It's an older model, 2004 RX330 AWD, Bamboo Pearl (I think), with an ivory leather interior with 96k miles, about 4k-5k more than the CR-V. The exterior is in fantastic condition, and only a few little spots inside that show any age at all. I'm loving the power everything and especially the heated leather seats and mirrors in this Illinois winter weather (it's currently 14F and snowing). I also take special pleasure at every opportunity I can to remind my wife that I'm driving the vehicle that she always wanted. It's going to be hard going back to anything less after driving it.

One con is the gas mileage -- V6 and a heavier vehicle compared to the I4 in the lighter CR-V. There's also a more disconnected feel from the road. The CR-V was a lighter vehicle with tighter steering that you could throw around more easily -- the RX330 has a much looser, heavier feel, but that's to be expected in a luxury vehicle, which the CR-V definitely was not. That's not so much a "con" as just different than what I'm used to.

Last edited by LuckyPants; 02-08-20 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-27-14, 01:10 PM
alex1372
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by giotunac
Been meaning to share my car for awhile, but I have a 2004 RX that was desperate need of some change. This car been abused coming from living in the country. Only have one before picture, but the difference is day and night, literally. I love my ride now, I get lots of stares driving through town.

I bought a new set of 19 inch OEM Lexus Rims painted in black chrome on Toyo Versados CUV, best tires I've had.
Repaint all black, including all chrome.
Limo tint all the way around.

Enjoy the before and after.

Sorry for the unprofessional pictures.
Love the blacked out look - How is the visibility at night through limo tinted front windows?
Old 02-03-14, 02:22 PM
kadeep38
Driver School Candidate

Absolutely gorgeous.
Old 02-03-14, 02:39 PM
kadeep38
Driver School Candidate

Cool Rx350

Hi, My baby was purchased Oct, 2012 and is a 2007 with one previous owner. In March of 2013 I had the battery replaced. Since then I have had to have several jumps for dead battery. At first I learned that I needed to drive her more to keep charged because of all of the electronics.
I am driving the car more and making sure that doors aren't left ajar. My mechanic has checked the electrical sys and finds all okay. I have had a dead battery twice in the past 3 months. Is there anything else I need to be checking to keep this from happening ? Please help if you can.

Kathy Poncy
Old 02-04-14, 04:00 PM
robotmak
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much did it cost to paint the vehicle? Where did you get it done? How long was the process?

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE