RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Headlight problem..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-05, 07:27 PM
GMoney
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight problem..

I have an 05 RX330 with the swiveling headlight feature, I think its called AFS?? Anyways, I noticed that when the temperature drops below freezing the headlight beams appears to jump up and down as if it was "nervous".

Also the headlight beams are aimed kind of high now..I adjusted them a few weeks ago and a few days ago the temperature dropped and now the headlights are pointed to high again and appears to be unstable.

Here is what to look for... drive up close to a wall, put the car in park and watch the headlight beam..if it moves up and down your lex has the same problem as mines...

I haven't had a chance to take it back to the dealer yet...anyone else experiance this problem?
Old 12-13-05, 07:32 PM
Lexus_Jim
Driver School Candidate

I have this option (it's standard on the 400h) and I haven't noticed the problem. I suggest you take the car to the dealer and have them look at it.
Old 12-14-05, 06:01 AM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GMoney
I have an 05 RX330 with the swiveling headlight feature, I think its called AFS?? Anyways, I noticed that when the temperature drops below freezing the headlight beams appears to jump up and down as if it was "nervous".

Also the headlight beams are aimed kind of high now..I adjusted them a few weeks ago and a few days ago the temperature dropped and now the headlights are pointed to high again and appears to be unstable.

Here is what to look for... drive up close to a wall, put the car in park and watch the headlight beam..if it moves up and down your lex has the same problem as mines...

I haven't had a chance to take it back to the dealer yet...anyone else experiance this problem?
Whenever you turn the car on or put it in park, the lights will auto-level. It's working properfly and my RX does the same thing even without the AFS.
Old 12-14-05, 05:18 PM
GMoney
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MatadorIS
Whenever you turn the car on or put it in park, the lights will auto-level. It's working properfly and my RX does the same thing even without the AFS.
But its constently moving up and down....Even when the car is in park I dont think it should move continuosly...

I will bring it to the dealer soon...thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-14-05, 07:39 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GMoney
But its constently moving up and down....Even when the car is in park I dont think it should move continuosly...

I will bring it to the dealer soon...thanks for the feedback.
Oh, if it's continuous, then it's a problem. Mine goes up then back down (maybe the opposite), but then stabilizes.