RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

4 hidden door locking/unlocking triggers

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-05, 10:50 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 4 hidden door locking/unlocking triggers

I got this from the LX470 site, Does anyone know if this is applicable with our cars? Could someone please verify this? Thanks alot:

Setting the door lock function

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got this fron the dealer the other day. You can set the following auto door locking and unlocking functions. All times must be EXACT or it will not work.

(a) Locking linked with the shift position

All the dooor are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

(c) Locking linked with the vehicle speed

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

(d) All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

Setting the functions
1. Close all the doors.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position;
+To set function (a)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.
+To set function (b)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.
+To set fuction (c)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".
+To set function (d)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If you want to cancel a function, repeat the procedure. Each time you perform the procedure, the function is set or cancelled.
Old 11-27-05, 05:44 AM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, this does work with RX 330's.
For more info, see section 1-1 of the Owners Manual.
Old 11-27-05, 12:47 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rxdriver
Yes, this does work with RX 330's.
For more info, see section 1-1 of the Owners Manual.
Owners manual....who in the heck reads those anymore

Everyone would learn alot if they read there owners manual...its just not paper anymore with all these electronic gadgets ect.....read and learn what all you can do yourself
Old 11-27-05, 02:11 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

thanks a lot.
Old 11-29-05, 06:45 PM
HokiPoki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FunGuy
All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.
Hmm... I'm having trouble getting this to work. Maybe I am holding the switch too long?
Old 11-30-05, 12:18 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HokiPoki
Hmm... I'm having trouble getting this to work. Maybe I am holding the switch too long?
me too but SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!. Dont let the other members know, they might get mad that we never read our manual yet!
Old 11-30-05, 06:40 PM
SteveRX330
Rookie

No need to be quiet about it, there are lots of people who refuse to RFM. Nonetheless, I read the manual and still had difficulty making the desired changes. After numerous failed attempts and re-reads of the manual, I finally changed all the settings. Part of the problem is that this section of the manual is written poorly so you have to focus on every word, comma and period. If you're having problems, I suggest you read the manual carefully and literally. If you're still having problems then post them here and we'll see if we can help you. But only after you've read the manual. There will be a test!

Steve
Old 12-06-05, 09:35 AM
HokiPoki
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HokiPoki
OK - you need to hold exactly 5 seconds.. no more no less. Works fine now.

Set
A off
B on
C on
D off

Works great!
Old 01-12-06, 08:22 PM
gs9351
Rookie

Wink unlock problem solved!

Thanks to all who contributed on this board!

I have my brand new 06 GS with LPS set to lock doors when you shift out of park. That worked OK, but when I park my car at work, and try to get my briefcase out of the rear seat / floor...LOCKED OUT!. Need to go back to front door to unlock. I tried the procedure in the manual several times to set the doors to unlock when setting into park, but NO LUCK.

Then I read this board, figure out it must be EXACTLY 5 seconds to hold down the unlock button on driver's door. Using my stopwatch, it worked the FIRST TIME!

Thanks to all!