RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX 330 in serious damage......

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-05, 01:58 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy RX 330 in serious damage......

Well I was involved in a pretty serious accident over the weekend and the car took some major damage. The right rear passenger door was hit right on and took out that wheel. My car rolled onto the driver's side shattering my window and took out the side mirror. The only airbags that went off were the curtain air bags on the right side of the vehicle. Luckily nobody else was in the vehicle with me at the time.

Anyways, I'm still waiting on the appraisal from insurance. I'm just wondering if anyone has idea what could happen? Meaning, if they do claim the car as total loss, will we get the value of what the car was worth before the incident? How do they determine this? How is the value of a 04 RX 330 right now anyways?
Old 10-25-05, 02:11 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first , are you ok ?
Old 10-25-05, 02:36 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TLW
first , are you ok ?
Yeah I'm fine. I'm lucky that I just have some cuts on my left hand.
Old 10-25-05, 03:04 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to hear you're ok. sucks about the car but they can be replaced.

toss it to the insurance companies and i wouldn't doubt that you'll end up with an end settlement of at least 3k just for pain/suffering.
Old 10-25-05, 03:56 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. You can get the value of the vehicle [pre accident] at kbb.com Kelly's Blue Book.
Old 10-25-05, 10:40 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are okay.
Old 10-26-05, 06:38 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thankfully you're okay and didn't sustain any major injuries.
Old 11-12-05, 04:54 PM
06RXDriver
Driver School Candidate

Glad to hear that you are OK. I would like to know how your insurance company is handling the claim for you?

I know what you are going through. I was involved in a car accident with my Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Limited in late September. My car was hit head on (frontal collision) by a driver who accelerated and crossed into my lane. Both front air bags deployed. Luckily, neither my daughter or I was injured. We jus had minor bruises, aches and pains. I later found out that the driver was a 15 year old male. His mother had allowed him to drive even though he was underaged and did not possess a drivers licence! My car was badlly damaged and the quote to repair it was $26,000.00 Canadian Dollars. The car was not a total write off and the insurance company wanted to fix it. I, however did not want it fixed as I would not have felt safe driving that car again knowing how much damaged it had sustained. I also know that it will be extremely difficult to sell this vehicle at a later date as I would have to disclose it had been in a major accident. The Insurance company reluctantly offer me a settlement lower than the actual value of the car. I had no choice but to accept it. This incident has caused me so much frustration and inconvenience as a result of one person's misguided decision.
Old 11-14-05, 05:40 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 06RXDriver
Glad to hear that you are OK. I would like to know how your insurance company is handling the claim for you?

I know what you are going through. I was involved in a car accident with my Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Limited in late September. My car was hit head on (frontal collision) by a driver who accelerated and crossed into my lane. Both front air bags deployed. Luckily, neither my daughter or I was injured. We jus had minor bruises, aches and pains. I later found out that the driver was a 15 year old male. His mother had allowed him to drive even though he was underaged and did not possess a drivers licence! My car was badlly damaged and the quote to repair it was $26,000.00 Canadian Dollars. The car was not a total write off and the insurance company wanted to fix it. I, however did not want it fixed as I would not have felt safe driving that car again knowing how much damaged it had sustained. I also know that it will be extremely difficult to sell this vehicle at a later date as I would have to disclose it had been in a major accident. The Insurance company reluctantly offer me a settlement lower than the actual value of the car. I had no choice but to accept it. This incident has caused me so much frustration and inconvenience as a result of one person's misguided decision.
Sorry to hear about your accident also. Well insurance did an appraisal for the repairs and if they were to fix the vehicle, it would cost $67,000 CDN.
Luckily, I was just a couple of days within my policy that my family purchased stating that any major accident within the first 30 months, they would reimburse us for the price of the vehicle that we paid. So they wrote off the vehicle and wrote us a cheque for what we paid including the tax, freight, etc. I guess that's the good news out of this.

The only thing that is still bothering me right now is how much my insurance is going to be from an accident like this. I was clearly at fault here and I just hope I won't have to pay $10,000 a year in insurance after this.
Old 11-18-05, 07:45 AM
06RXDriver
Driver School Candidate

Its good to hear that your insurance company took care of you and paid you your original cost of the vehicle. Sorry to hear that your insurance rates will probably increase next year. Keep in mind that for a serious accident such as this, luckily you were not hurt.
Old 11-18-05, 08:56 AM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous
Anyways, I'm still waiting on the appraisal from insurance. I'm just wondering if anyone has idea what could happen? Meaning, if they do claim the car as total loss, will we get the value of what the car was worth before the incident? How do they determine this? How is the value of a 04 RX 330 right now anyways?
Glad that you are OK.

The insurance will compare the repair cost against the vehicle's value, and choose the option that's most advantageous for them. With a 2004 RX300, chances are the insurance company will repair it.

In an event that the vehicle was declared a total loss, the company will give you the residual value of the vehicle. (They'll typically lowball you, so fight it and negotiate.) The insurance company will then take possession of the salvage vehicle. Sometimes the company will repair it, launder the title, and auction it off out of state - making it someone else's problem down the road.