RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX330 hesitation problem cost Lexus a customer

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05, 07:42 AM
RickC
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RX330 hesitation problem cost Lexus a customer

Well, I could not take the hesitation problem on our Lexus any longer. I think two years of patience was long enough to give Lexus to fix this issue. After 3 TSB, it still wasn't fixed. I decided not to pursue the lemon law even though I think I could have won that one. But I didn't want to go through the headache. As far as I am concerned, I am not impressed with Lexus' care for their customer. I came to Lexus because of the reputation they have for reliability and service.

Sooo, I traded it. Farewell Lexus and bye to all the posters here on ClubLexus. Great site with great people, but I am moving onto my new vehicles website.

RickC
Old 08-26-05, 07:51 AM
vicpai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Just out of curiosity.....

......what vehicle have you decided to replace the RX 330 with?? Me, myself am not too impressed with the RX 330. I had my eye on this one, but IMO it is really not up to usual Lexus standards ....the BIGGEST issue being the VERY NOISY ENGINE (Now, what's up with that?? ) .....I was shocked when I test drove this vehicle and realized that the engine was SIGNIFICANTLY noisier than the outgoing RX 300 ....Wow!! .....This particular issue is really an anethema to the very Lexus Philosophy of making the quietest cars etc.
Old 08-26-05, 09:17 AM
RickC
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I purchased an 05 Sequioa.
Old 08-26-05, 10:48 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

I test drove the RX330 but still like my RX300. Why does the back of the RX330 look like the back of an X5?
Old 08-26-05, 09:39 PM
cantsleepnk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickC
Well, I could not take the hesitation problem on our Lexus any longer. I think two years of patience was long enough to give Lexus to fix this issue. After 3 TSB, it still wasn't fixed. I decided not to pursue the lemon law even though I think I could have won that one. But I didn't want to go through the headache. As far as I am concerned, I am not impressed with Lexus' care for their customer. I came to Lexus because of the reputation they have for reliability and service.

Sooo, I traded it. Farewell Lexus and bye to all the posters here on ClubLexus. Great site with great people, but I am moving onto my new vehicles website.

RickC
Just out of curiousity ,did you have the latest TSB (May 2005)done?

I started a thread regarding the new software fix and most seem to say that it eliminates the hesitation.I'm planning on getting mine done soon.

BTW how does the sequoyah compare to the RX330?