RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX400H Official Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-05, 01:48 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why the GS450h has wood in the car. Perhaps because it is still a prototype? Maybe they just took the current GS shell and put the hybrid engine in it? Personally I couldn't care less if a car has wood or not. It's the last thing I care about in a car and if it means saving an extra tree or two, then cool. When I got my IS, I noticed it's the only Lexus without any wood on it and I don't miss it at all. I know it's considered a luxury car and luxury cars have to maintain a certain image and comfort, but who knows what the cars of the future will have?
Old 04-04-05, 07:56 PM
RXus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
Lexus cannot release a "green car" and put wood all over the inside. That would be very bad! .
Yeah, it's not like wood grows on trees or anything. Actually, since wood's an easily renewable resource and aluminum is a limited resource, I'd actually think the opposite "wood" be true.

Anyway, just wanted to say I really appreciate that a Lexus dealer posts "insider" info here. I've been lurking for a couple of years, but now my RX400h is coming in, so I figured I'd start posting once in a while. Thanks for all your info, LongoLexus. Everybody else too! Great forum!!!
Old 04-05-05, 05:56 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default Allocation

Okay Everyone, the allocation is in and I am happy to report that Lexus stepped up to the plate and dealers are getting waaaaay more cars than we originally thought.
I think there's already some cars down at Long Beach port while they try to prepare to truck all dealerships a few cars the same day so it's fair to everyone. That way no dealership can claim "I'm getting my car first before anyone else". Everyone is equal.

So this means that if you are on a waiting list and you thought you wouldn't get your car until the end of this year or even next year, then you will be getting one a heck of a lot sooner. Or if you were discouraged because you thought there was no way you'd wait that long to get a car, then it's also possible your wait time will be shorter. This is fantastic news!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-05, 06:19 PM
shortbear
Driver School Candidate

can you still get one this year if you are not on the waiting list?
Old 04-05-05, 06:26 PM
LexFather

I don't know why the GS450h has wood in the car. Perhaps because it is still a prototype? Maybe they just took the current GS shell and put the hybrid engine in it? Personally I couldn't care less if a car has wood or not. It's the last thing I care about in a car and if it means saving an extra tree or two, then cool. When I got my IS, I noticed it's the only Lexus without any wood on it and I don't miss it at all. I know it's considered a luxury car and luxury cars have to maintain a certain image and comfort, but who knows what the cars of the future will have?
Thanks for the help Liz.

Maybe Lexus read in here, since most people want wood, not aluminum and decided not to put it in the GS?
Or maybe the aluminum would be to costly to mold in the door inserts, compared to the flat panels in the RX.
Old 04-05-05, 06:39 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Shortbear,

Please check your pm.....
Old 04-06-05, 09:05 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default **APRIL 18th NEW LAUNCH DATE**

The title says it all. I just found out there are more delays and now the new launch date is April 18th, which is the following Monday. Every dealership is getting ONE car on the same day. Then they will start rolling in.
Old 04-07-05, 12:19 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

The title says it all. I just found out there are more delays and now the new launch date is April 18th, which is the following Monday. Every dealership is getting ONE car on the same day. Then they will start rolling in.
Yeah Boii, thats my birrthday. lol.