RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

DVD on OEM Nav

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-05, 12:17 PM
gemajean
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get DVD on OEM Nav?

Hi all, new to the forum and new proud owner of 2004 RX330. Greetings.

So I got the factory Nav, backup cam package but opted to not get the 'factory' DVD package. Now I'm trying to find a way to get DVD video's to play in the Nav screen.

From the help of the forum, it seems that only the Vaistech parts will be the only ones that can work this way. www.vaistech.com. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there any other methods that anyone knows of?

Also, does anyone with this system have any experience that they can share? How does the backup camera work, Nav, climate, etc. work while a movie is being played?

I'm also assuming that I'll need an external DVD player and I was thinking about the Audiovox system where the headrests have the DVD player and screens. Also, anyone have any thoughts on this as well?

Thank you all for your help and I'm happy to be a part of the ClubLexus.

Last edited by gemajean; 02-07-05 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-07-05, 01:48 PM
noosense00
Rookie

Link does not work
Old 02-07-05, 03:19 PM
StrmRdr23
Pole Position

check out nav-tv.com as well...
Old 02-07-05, 03:39 PM
gemajean
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the link, StrmRdr23. It look interesting. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Noosense00, the link does work for Vaistech, I just tried it.
Old 02-07-05, 03:58 PM
noosense00
Rookie

Your right. Guess my computer at work didn't allow me to view the website.

gemajean, where in NY are you located?
Old 02-08-05, 05:34 AM
gemajean
Driver School Candidate

Hi Noosense00, I'm just outside the city. How about you? Are you thinking about doing this to? I'm trying to look into local guys to do the install.

I'll let you know if I find anything out. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 02-08-05, 06:12 AM
noosense00
Rookie

I am located in queens. I want to do this also. Are you planning on doing this yourself or at a shop? If we do it at a shop maybe we can get a discount.
Old 02-08-05, 10:20 AM
StrmRdr23
Pole Position

no sweat! you just gotta post pics when it's all done welcome to the club btw

Originally Posted by gemajean
Thanks for the link, StrmRdr23. It look interesting. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Noosense00, the link does work for Vaistech, I just tried it.
Old 02-08-05, 02:49 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The last I heard the vaistech unit did not work on the RX330 yet because it has been untested and something to do with the reverse camera. They were looking for someone to work with them that has a RX330 to test on. I was thinking of giving them a call, but I live in Hawaii and I have a non navigation unit. For me, I only need the aux/audio unit to work which also is untested onj the RX330. If someone close by to them wants to give them a call I think many of us would be appreciative since I too want to hook up a DVD player to my system.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 02-14-05 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-08-05, 05:02 PM
gemajean
Driver School Candidate

Hi StrmRdr23, thanks and I hope to post pics if and when I can get it to work. From the sounds of it from CK6speed, it doesn't look promising but I'll give them a call and ask them. (got busy the past few days)

Hey Noosense00, if I find anything out, us NY people could do it together and maybe get a discount?

If they need a test subject for the RX330, I may do it (but I have to check with the boss first - since it's HER car

Aloha Ck6speed, wish us luck.
Old 02-08-05, 08:49 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gemajean
Hi StrmRdr23, thanks and I hope to post pics if and when I can get it to work. From the sounds of it from CK6speed, it doesn't look promising but I'll give them a call and ask them. (got busy the past few days)

Hey Noosense00, if I find anything out, us NY people could do it together and maybe get a discount?

If they need a test subject for the RX330, I may do it (but I have to check with the boss first - since it's HER car

Aloha Ck6speed, wish us luck.
You can read a little about it here in the audtio section. I'm sure they will get it to work, it was just that the RX330 Nav is different from the other Lexus cars and they never had a RX330 to actually do testing. I have no idea how far along they actually are on the RX330 application, but hopefully they are not too far from releasing a product for us.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...2&page=1&pp=15
Old 02-14-05, 04:41 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

I got an email back from the guy's at vaistech and according to them the AIC-100 which is just an audio only AUX input will work on the RX330. He also suggested the AVIC-100 which has video input if you wanted to run a DVD or PS2. However, I specifically asked for a non navigation equiped car so I'm not sure if it wil work on the nav cars or really why I would need the AVIC since I can plug my video directly to the monitors. Anyway, looks promising and those that are interested should probably contect them directly with their proposed set up and see which product will work for you.
Old 02-15-05, 08:17 PM
2004RX330
Rookie

Check this out, it might help!!

http://www.sound-in-motion.com/installs/screens.html
Old 05-03-05, 12:04 PM
revpd
Driver School Candidate

Question AVIC-100 video while car is moving?

Hi - I'm seriously considering the AVIC-100 for my 2001 rx300, but after some correspondence with VAIS, they've told me that I cannot have video running while the car is moving... I'm hoping that somebody has experienced otherwise... anyone?

(before anyone gets that urge to give the "you shouldn't be watching tv while driving" speech - its for my passenger. We drive a lot, she gets bored.)
Old 05-03-05, 03:37 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default FSES - Front Seat Entertainment System

It's pretty much a liability issue. A shop that hooks you up with an "entertainment" screen visible from the driver's seat is breaking the law in many states, and leaves themselves and you open to all kinds of liability in case of an accident. (Good luck trying to prove you weren't looking at it.)

If your passenger gets bored, you might try something like this:

Photo courtesy www.circuitcity.com

Simple, cheap, portable - and you can take it into the motel room at night and play it through the in-room TV! At under $200, buy one for each passenger - it's a lot cheaper than the RSES. . .

Quick Reply: DVD on OEM Nav