RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Anybody tested a Bluetooth phone in '05 RX330?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-05, 11:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Rockville
The Lexus Nav system is made by Denso which surprisingly is an Australian Co. It takes some practice and a quiet enviroment to use the voice commands. Some of the commands save time such as "Thai food" and others such as "home" require a confirmation step which is more cumbersome than just hitting the home icon on the screen. I expect a new generation of Bluetooth and Nav in 2007.
Sups Rock....

Denso is actually an Toyota owned supplier, spinned off in 50's so it can work with other companies as well (as Ford tried with Visteon). It makes most of higher tech equipment sold in Toyota/Lexus's, such as SatNav, hybrid components and much, much more. In fact, more you look around, more "Denso" you will see.

It was also named GM's supplier of the year, good ol Toyota, eh? :-).
Old 06-03-05, 07:37 AM
kasendorf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a comment on the V710 from Verizon, while I am annoyed that it doesn't support all of the functions on my Lexus, it does support all of the functions on my BMW. Perhaps Lexus may also be at fault for the incompatibility.
Old 06-03-05, 08:46 AM
jwmcgee1
Driver School Candidate

I have a nokia 6820 & a sony/erriccson t637 and the both work great in my '04 LS430 & the '05 RX330.
Old 07-08-05, 11:48 AM
WDNL
Driver School Candidate

Question Hope on the Verizon?? Moto E815?

I see that Verizon now has the Motorola E815 (bluetooth) available ... Has anyone tried this in the RX330? That is, can we download the phone book?

Last edited by WDNL; 07-08-05 at 11:50 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 07-08-05, 02:50 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I assume the Navigation and Blue Tooth are the same in the 400h. Before getting the car I researched which phones and service work best with the Lexus and then selected Cingular. I I have a Razr and my son has a motorola 551 which work great. However, I did have to put the address book entries in one at a time from the Razr.
Old 07-08-05, 04:32 PM
uthorns197
Rookie

Default Bluetooth

This seems to be the topic of the day on every Lexus forum on the internet.
Based on what I have read, Cingular subscribers have been very successful using their bluetooth phones in the 400h. There have been specific references to the Treo 650 working well as long as you have the V1.08 software on your phone.
Other providers' phones will work but in most cases your phonebook has to be transferred manually to the Lexus system.
I assume the system in the RX330 is the same as the 400h.

Last edited by uthorns197; 07-08-05 at 04:35 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-16-05, 07:05 AM
WDNL
Driver School Candidate

Question Can you add phone book entries (verizon)?

No hope on the Verizon! So ... can't download the phonebook and the phone doesn't ring thru the car speaker ... rats!!! BUT, does anyone know how you could add any phonebook entry without downloading? I can't see where you can add incoming or outgoing calls into the phone book ... or tor that matter, I can't see where you can add phone book entries anywhere, except via the phonebook download which doesn't work ....

Anyone? Anyone?

thank you ....

(RX 330/Nav - Moto E815)
Old 08-25-05, 09:48 AM
annetteha
Driver School Candidate

Default e815

I am looking for some direction on how to connect the E815 phone to the bluetooth system in my RX330. Can it be done? Service is with Verizon.
Thanks
Old 08-25-05, 11:26 AM
annetteha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WDNL
No hope on the Verizon! So ... can't download the phonebook and the phone doesn't ring thru the car speaker ... rats!!! BUT, does anyone know how you could add any phonebook entry without downloading? I can't see where you can add incoming or outgoing calls into the phone book ... or tor that matter, I can't see where you can add phone book entries anywhere, except via the phonebook download which doesn't work ....

Anyone? Anyone?

thank you ....

(RX 330/Nav - Moto E815)
Can you tell me how you got the E815 to connect to the bluetooth in your RX330?
Thanks
Old 08-28-05, 06:23 PM
SteveRX330
Rookie

I recently picked up my RX330 and immediately paired it with my Motorola V600 on the Cingular network. Frankly, I didn't have any doubts that it would work, primarily because I've been using the same phone in my Acura TL. since November 2003.

One very nice feature that is not well documented in the Lexus manuals is that you can transfer phone entries to your car, e.g., if I have an entry for John Smith in my phone, I can SEND it across to my RX330. This creates an entry in my RX330 Telephone Book for John Smith.

Steve
Old 08-28-05, 08:06 PM
rcltrh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SteveRX330
I recently picked up my RX330 and immediately paired it with my Motorola V600 on the Cingular network. Frankly, I didn't have any doubts that it would work, primarily because I've been using the same phone in my Acura TL. since November 2003.

One very nice feature that is not well documented in the Lexus manuals is that you can transfer phone entries to your car, e.g., if I have an entry for John Smith in my phone, I can SEND it across to my RX330. This creates an entry in my RX330 Telephone Book for John Smith.

Steve
Yes but what sucks is that you cannot manually create a phonebook entry in the RX. You either have to call someone manually then add them to your list from the recently called list, or beam them across from the phone - unless there is some hidden feature I can't find somewhere. Also, you cannot edit the number, name, or anything at all onmce it gets in there. It always beams across the CELL or HOME or whatever category name at the start of every entry from my phone as well, so all my phonebook entries are truncated until you actually select them. Would be nice to be able to edit that out of the entry but there is no edit function. It does work seamlessly with my V635 however and sounds very clear.
Old 08-29-05, 08:37 AM
SteveRX330
Rookie

I completely agree with your analysis and assessment. The RX330 Bluetooth implementation is primitive, at best, and its inadequacies are mirrored in the Navigation implementation as well. As I mentioned in my prior append, my other car is an Acura TL and it's a step down to my RX330 Navigation/Bluetooth. When I drive my TL, I can talk to the climate control system, talk to the radio, talk to the phone interface, dial and receive calls, all without ever taking my hands off the steering wheel. I don't remember exactly, but I think there are 245 verbal commands available from the driver's "console," thus you can focus on your driving without having to look over at the dashboard.

Steve
Old 08-29-05, 09:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Hmm you might have overlooked the radio commands. You can switch from CD to AM to FM, change tracks, change discs etc even turn it on or off.
Old 08-29-05, 10:53 AM
SteveRX330
Rookie

Perhaps I did. Thanks for pointing it out; I'll take another look tonight. In the meantime, here are some of the TL commands I compiled into a jip sheet and tucked away in my driver's door for easy reference. I enclose them here as an example of the richness of the TL's functionality. This is what I would have expected from Lexus. I love my Lexus, but sometimes you crave features in another.

TL VOICE COMMANDS

Display current location
Display north up
Display heading up
Display zoom in
Display zoom out
Display:
• 1/20 mile
• 1/8 mile
• ½ mile
• 2 mile
• 5 mile
• 15 mile
• 50 mile
• 150 mile
• 350 mile
Display: | Hide:
• ATM
• Gas station
• Restaurant (all types)
• Post office
• Grocery store
• Hotel-motel
Max zoom in
Max zoom out
Go home
Find nearest:
• Acura dealer
• Honda dealer
• Gas station
• ATM
• Bank
• Post office
• Hospital
• Police station
• Hotel
• Tourist attraction
• Restaurant (all types)
• American restaurant
• Chinese restaurant
• Fast food
• Italian restaurant
• Japanese restaurant
• Mexican restaurant
• Seafood restaurant
• Shopping
• Parking garage
• Parking lot
Climate control automatic
Climate control off
Air conditioner (switches betwn On/Off)
Climate control defrost (sw On/Off)
Rear defrost (sw On/Off)
Climate control fresh air
Climate control recirculate
Climate control floor and defrost
Climate control floor
Climate control vent
Climate control bi-level
Fan speed # (1-7)
Passenger automatic
Passenger vent
Passenger dash and floor
Passenger floor
CD play
CD play disc # (1 – 6)
CD play track # (1 – 30)
CD play disc #A track #B
CD skip forward
CD skip back
CD play next disc
CD play previous disc
CD track random
CD track repeat
CD disc repeat
CD normal play
DVD play
DVD play disc # (1 – 6)
DVD play track # (1 – 30)
DVD play disc #A track #B
DVD skip forward
DVD skip back
DVD play next disc
DVD play previous disc
DVD track random
DVD track repeat
DVD disc repeat
DVD normal play
Radio on | Radio play
Radio off
Radio select AM
Radio select FM1
Radio select FM2
Radio # FM (#: freq., e.g, Radio 95.5 FM)
Radio # AM
Radio seek
Radio seek down
Radio next station
Radio preset 1 – 6
Radio auto select
Radio Select XM1
Radio Select XM2
XM channel # (#: 1 – 255)
XM channel up
XM channel down
XM preset (1 – 6)