RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

LEXUS RX300 se-l 05 Plate

Old 03-08-24, 04:04 PM
Newbylexus
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEXUS RX300 se-l 05 Plate

Where can i find a free service manual for my rx300 se-l 05 plate. It is a 3L just incase you need that to help lol. Having difficulty tracking 1 down. I have tried searching places that others have already suggested in other threads that i have read but having no luck in tracking mine lol any advice on where to find 1 please let me know. Or if you know the anser then help lol my car failed on near side rear parking brake inoperative. Now im guessing (being a complete novice at mechanics but give anything a go before spending money lol) its the shoes that have seized up and needs releasing whing in that implies taking the dam thing apart and cleaning the ****er lol is this correct.

Last edited by Newbylexus; 03-08-24 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-08-24, 10:36 PM
Leeper
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Newbylexus
Where can i find a free service manual for my rx300 se-l 05 plate. It is a 3L just incase you need that to help lol. Having difficulty tracking 1 down. I have tried searching places that others have already suggested in other threads that i have read but having no luck in tracking mine lol any advice on where to find 1 please let me know. Or if you know the anser then help lol my car failed on near side rear parking brake inoperative. Now im guessing (being a complete novice at mechanics but give anything a go before spending money lol) its the shoes that have seized up and needs releasing whing in that implies taking the dam thing apart and cleaning the ****er lol is this correct.
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. If your brakes are giving you issues they are quite simple and almost always very inexpensive to fix. Without knowing your mileage, cars age, condition, etc tough to advise much here aside from look up the diy section here, search YouTube, buy quality parts, and try to seek the mentoring of someone with good basic mechanical skills. Taking apart and rebuilding calipers is cheap and easy, replacing pads and rotors is very easy, if it's your parking brake still cheap and easy but it needs to be done right.

FSM (factory service manuals) are kind of a thing of the past as most repairs can be done better and faster by watching YT videos however pay attention to torque values many don't mention this. Remember that most all mechanics/dealerships are focused on revenue not the highest quality repairs -they won't and don't take time doing little things that make a big difference (lubing brake caliper pins, cleaning brake pistons when replacing pads or when replacing rear plugs changing the EGR valve, plug tubes, coil connectors, all very cheap and easy while there saving lots of time and money shortly down the road... these are things a good mentor should show you

Last edited by Leeper; 03-08-24 at 11:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
fred9xx (03-09-24)