RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Lexus Immobilizer

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-16, 03:03 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by salimshah
I vaguely recall a process of inserting and removing in succession all master key in ignition. Not sure if it was accompanied by brake pedal action.

Salim
That's the process that I use to reset my security system after a battery disconnect. If I don't do this, my alarm will randomly go off every few minutes.
Old 07-21-16, 05:48 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hypervish
That's the process that I use to reset my security system after a battery disconnect. If I don't do this, my alarm will randomly go off every few minutes.
so where do I find that information for my 2003 RX ?
Do you know the process??
Old 07-21-16, 06:21 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

I tried the key in key out thing... Didn't work. 😞
Old 07-21-16, 06:29 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

I believe those wires are likely for the optional navigation system. If I recall correctly, that's where the DVD drive for the navigation system would reside, if so equipped.
looked up your RX alarm reset thing and tried it... But it didn't work.

i have a grey key I thought was a valet key... But is it a non remote master?
It works in the trunk. I thought it didn't work in the trunk but when I tried it the other day it did.

totally confused now!
Old 07-21-16, 08:06 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by PrisyCrisy

It works in the trunk. I thought it didn't work in the trunk but when I tried it the other day it did.

totally confused now!
just to lighten the situation a bit [sorry Prisy it does you no good]

Trunk lock out is hilarious for RX which has an open back.

Salim
Old 07-21-16, 08:39 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

just to lighten the situation a bit [sorry Prisy it does you no good]

Trunk lock out is hilarious for RX which has an open back.

Salim
you got me there! I thought the same thing, but went with it! lol
thanks for the laugh!

Last edited by PrisyCrisy; 07-22-16 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-22-16, 03:56 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

totally confused now!
The grey key is a valet key, and it does not have buttons on it.
Old 07-22-16, 04:35 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Yeah that's what I thought. When the car was working I was using that as the main key with the broken key fob on a key ring attached to it, didn't know then that they had 2 different type chips, but the key fob had separated from the key and I liked the convenience of the fob to lock and unlock, so I just use the valet as the ignition key since there was some substance to grab on to when turning the key to start.
The immobilizer is still doing the same thing... Solid light only when set. The doors are acting weird, they work, then they don't. I'm thinking this could be because of the battery slowly discharging. The battery is hooked up to the positive side and the negative is usually disconnected so as not to drain it since it's not being charged by the car running. I had it recharged recently, but I'm sure it's slowly losing power... And that also sucks because I just bought it in the last few months.

so far the only conclusion is...
Find the money for the tech stream OBDII equipment and also pay for the toyotainfo access (whatever that site is)
or find a master certified locksmith
or have it towed to Lexus
or tow it with me when I move and find more mechanically inclined resources that will help... People where I live now are rich and uptight or poor and stingy.

Too bad my friend Cooter (Ben) from the Dukes of Hazzard isn't a real mechanic... life just ain't fair sometimes! Lol
Old 07-22-16, 04:40 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Tail houses antenna, tail/trunk lights rear wiper, rear lock ... going on the limb .. remote receiver. Nothing to do with immobilizer.

Salim
everything I have found about these cables goes back to the radio system and all that... So I just left them as they were and moved on.
Old 07-22-16, 05:31 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah that's what I thought. When the car was working I was using that as the main key with the broken key fob on a key ring attached to it, didn't know then that they had 2 different type chips, but the key fob had separated from the key and I liked the convenience of the fob to lock and unlock, so I just use the valet as the ignition key since there was some substance to grab on to when turning the key to start.
The immobilizer is still doing the same thing... Solid light only when set. The doors are acting weird, they work, then they don't. I'm thinking this could be because of the battery slowly discharging. The battery is hooked up to the positive side and the negative is usually disconnected so as not to drain it since it's not being charged by the car running. I had it recharged recently, but I'm sure it's slowly losing power... And that also sucks because I just bought it in the last few months.

so far the only conclusion is...
Find the money for the tech stream OBDII equipment and also pay for the toyotainfo access (whatever that site is)
or find a master certified locksmith
or have it towed to Lexus
or tow it with me when I move and find more mechanically inclined resources that will help... People where I live now are rich and uptight or poor and stingy.

Too bad my friend Cooter (Ben) from the Dukes of Hazzard isn't a real mechanic... life just ain't fair sometimes! Lol
If you need Toyota Techstream, you can get it from Amazon for around $25. I won't say more on here, but do a Google search and you'll find some more information.
Old 07-22-16, 06:02 PM
salimshah

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ordinaire.html

Salim
Old 07-22-16, 06:27 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

thanks for keeping a lookout for me...
I don't give up easy... It's the underdog in me... But this had me in tears (alone of course) yesterday after weeks of frustrations I haven't been able to figure out.
Sincerely tho...thank you for always leading me to more clues! 😄
Old 07-22-16, 06:30 PM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

If you need Toyota Techstream, you can get it from Amazon for around $25. I won't say more on here, but do a Google search and you'll find some more information.
thanks so much! I have found it on there... and other places as well... I'm just a little shaky on my confidence on buying another tool I may be afraid to use... but... I know I will eventually get it.
thanks for all your help so far as I try to figure this PITA out.
Old 07-23-16, 10:35 AM
salimshah

thanks for keeping a lookout for me...
I don't give up easy... It's the underdog in me... But this had me in tears (alone of course) yesterday after weeks of frustrations I haven't been able to figure out.
Sincerely tho...thank you for always leading me to more clues! 😄
And I can not leave any one behind who is reaching out.

Salim
Old 07-28-16, 08:17 AM
PrisyCrisy
Pit Crew

Update....I called the owner of the dealership (not Lexus) we bought it from (family friend), he/they can't help... Said call Toyota or Lexus. Called Toyota... No can do, said call Lexus. So I called Lexus, finally got the General Manager and he started the ball rolling... Service Manager is getting with a technician who lives in Luray (fairly close by... over the mountain and thru the hills... Lol) who will/can do a service call. I still don't know how much this would cost, or if he "can" do it.

waiting on that call today....

Quick Reply: Lexus Immobilizer