RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Setting the Time

Old 05-07-03, 07:34 AM
Marco-Polo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Setting the Time

I bought a 1999/2000 RX 300 from Japan, living in Malaysia.
It seems i can't get the time setting right.... does it need to be link to the GPS??
Please advice how to set the time. Since my car is the Japan version and all buttona are in japanese !!!
Thank you so much, marcus
Old 05-09-03, 03:06 PM
jeffg
Driver School Candidate

If the RX is actually a JDM Harrier with the navigation option then yes the time is locked to the GPS and the time zone is set for Japan. If it doesn't have the nav option then it should be possible to adjust the clock.

jeff
98 Harrier S
Old 05-10-03, 02:48 AM
Marco-Polo
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by jeffg
If the RX is actually a JDM Harrier with the navigation option then yes the time is locked to the GPS and the time zone is set for Japan. If it doesn't have the nav option then it should be possible to adjust the clock.

jeff
98 Harrier S

you must be right with the nav. system. i cant find a way to set the time!!! What is JDM ???
mine is called in Japan Harrier, but elsewhere in the world Lexus... i even have the full Lexus Spec's in my
"Japan Harrier"... you mean my clock is linked to the GPS..Huh??
I heard that before, but was hoping that i got the wrong info on that.. Malaysia is not yet ready for GPS, they work on something but nothing is up an running yet...
well my time is not that bad, just one hour ahead og the local time... guess i will have to live with it till we have our own GPS in Malaysia.. I plan to buy the 2003 Lexus, or Harrier whatever RX330. Do i will have the same clock problems or not?? if the Model comes with full specs from Japan??
And one more question, do you know if i can convert my TV to the PAL system???
thanks for your help man..
regards
marcus

Old 05-10-03, 11:18 AM
DeeVonn
Driver

i'm from indonesia and i think i have the same version of toyota harrier as you do .
i also can't change teh clock, just buy any clock ad put it on the dash, that do for me :P
as for the tv, just buy any mobile tv tuner then hook up with the standard tv and it works :P
btw your harrier has the NAVIKEN writing on the tape right ?
Old 05-10-03, 02:54 PM
jeffg
Driver School Candidate

Hi Marcus

sorry - JDM is the acronym for Japanese Domestic Market, ie cars built and sold new for use in Japan. We get a lot of them down here in NZ as used imports.

If you have the TV option then you definately have the navigation version -In the non Nav version the "TV" button was labeled 'clock'. There will have been a CD in the console CD slot with the map data base, but it may have been removed as it will only cover Japan - my Harrier arrived with it still in the drive and I'm aparently driving somewhere off the coast of Tokyo as I drive to work each day

re PAL conversion - I've never tried - we also use PAL TV here so its annoying not to be able to use the TV function, but since it only works while the transmission selector is in 'P' its not a great loss - the local traffic jams are not bad enough to need it (traffic jam = more than 2 cars in front of me at the lights)

cheers

jeff
(test driving the new RX 330 on Thursday).
Old 05-11-03, 01:12 AM
DeeVonn
Driver

funny thoguh u said that the tv can only be watched when the gear position is on "P"
mine can be viewed all the time :P
Old 05-11-03, 02:04 AM
Marco-Polo
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by jeffg
Hi Marcus

sorry - JDM is the acronym for Japanese Domestic Market, ie cars built and sold new for use in Japan. We get a lot of them down here in NZ as used imports.

If you have the TV option then you definately have the navigation version -In the non Nav version the "TV" button was labeled 'clock'. There will have been a CD in the console CD slot with the map data base, but it may have been removed as it will only cover Japan - my Harrier arrived with it still in the drive and I'm aparently driving somewhere off the coast of Tokyo as I drive to work each day

re PAL conversion - I've never tried - we also use PAL TV here so its annoying not to be able to use the TV function, but since it only works while the transmission selector is in 'P' its not a great loss - the local traffic jams are not bad enough to need it (traffic jam = more than 2 cars in front of me at the lights)

cheers

jeff
(test driving the new RX 330 on Thursday).
Hi Jeff,

thanks man... now i know... haha
well its still a great car after all.. same happen to me... driving in KL shows the navi system some tokyo roads... not bad ... hahah
had that last time happne to me in germany when the mercedes navi system ask me to make a U turn on the highway !!!!! hahaha
MAD !!!
My TV works only with the food break pressed down???
And i would need a TV in Kuala Lumpurs jam each day badly !!!! haha

///////////////
i'm from indonesia and i think i have the same version of toyota harrier as you do .
i also can't change teh clock, just buy any clock ad put it on the dash, that do for me :P
as for the tv, just buy any mobile tv tuner then hook up with the standard tv and it works :P

No NAVIKEN but the same clock problems.... haha
what to do..
but i will try your advice with the tv,, thanks man...
do you use your build in TV or you bought another screen???

Dont tell me about the new RX 330// i dont want to know ... haha

Why must Jap. products be so different in each country...haha
just to keep us busy and they can roule the world ... hahah

thanks for all you advices guys... lets keep in touch..

marcus
Old 05-11-03, 02:46 AM
Marco-Polo
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DeeVonn
Sorry you are right brother......
I got the same NAVIKEN but.... did your single CD player plays???
I can only use the 6 changer... or is the single changer only for the Navigation system only??? and cant play any music CD's????
whenever i enter a music cd it wil comes out after a few second, but whenever i enter the Japan roadmap for the navi system .... than i get some jap. words on the display...
wow i just love to face all that problems.. how empty and lonely would my life be if i drove a "normal" car with all functions and button in an language that i understand... hahah

please help out with your advice...

thanks marcus

Old 05-13-03, 11:12 AM
DeeVonn
Driver

mine can use nirmal audio cde, but sometimes it rejects
"NON ORIGINAL CD"
try playing some original cd to check it out :P
BTW i'm using the original screeen and hook it up with tv tuner :P and it work like charm :P
can watch tv all the time , when u bbrake, wwhen u accelerate , when bla bla bla :P
Old 05-14-03, 05:59 PM
Marco-Polo
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Originally posted by DeeVonn
mine can use nirmal audio cde, but sometimes it rejects
"NON ORIGINAL CD"
try playing some original cd to check it out :P
BTW i'm using the original screeen and hook it up with tv tuner :P and it work like charm :P
can watch tv all the time , when u bbrake, wwhen u accelerate , when bla bla bla :P

Thanks Dee,
can you let me know the model / brand name of your tv tuner...
just to make sure i will have the same good results as you.
Meaning that you can now receive TV on a PAL System, am I right?
What else have you done to your Harrier, did you change anything with the radio frequence??
If yes, please let me know too.. mine onl;y can receive FM up tp 90.
In Malaysia FM goes up to 105 !! meaning i miss many good radio stations!!

Looking forward to your advice...

thanks friend
marcus