RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Rear engine mount replacement DIY

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-16, 10:06 AM
Jaycee22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear engine mount replacement DIY

Originally Posted by RX300Fun
Jaycee22,

That is great news for you. Unfortunately, my mounts are in excellent condition. I actually replaced the dog bone and transmission mount with OEM parts just to see if I could change the vibration. Didn't affect it at all. I have tested the front active mount using a vacuum pump and gage as well. I believe it is good. The rear mount looks as good as the the other mounts that I replaced, however perhaps I should change it out. I would LOVE to see your video on how to do this as I see that it is really a PITA as you said.

My car is throwing no codes whatsoever. It simply vibrates and drones once it warms up, and is in gear at idle.

Think I should change the rear mount???
Our Lexus is garage kept and has 190k miles but well taken care of, never beaten or abused which was why i was surprised how destroyed our mount was. I believe anyone with high milage should take a look into the rear mount because honestly my front mount seems perfectly fine. I haven't done the whole vacuum pump and gage test to it but it seems just fine which was why i was so surprised the rear was obliterated.

i finally figured out how to upload videos directly to youtube, I'm so happy now

Here's the little info on how i did my rear mount, just wanted to say I'm not a professional and my video is just to show others what i did in hopes of helping anyone else. If i can help one other person I'm happy. If you have any questions please let me know ill be more than happy to explain anything i can. Cheers

Old 06-14-16, 11:11 AM
salimshah

Received 993 Likes on 898 Posts

Which bolts are longer, the 4 below or the one on the top?

Thank you for sharing.

Please add a link in the DIY sticky to this thread.

Salim
Old 06-14-16, 02:11 PM
Jaycee22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salimshah
Which bolts are longer, the 4 below or the one on the top?

Thank you for sharing.

Please add a link in the DIY sticky to this thread.

Salim
Hello Salim

Thats a good question, I'll measure the old mount and let you know of the length differences.

Also i honestly have no idea how to add a link in the DIY sticky to this thread. Im not even sure what a sticky is lol

If you could take a moment and explain how to do this ill greatly appreciate it, I'm new to the whole forums thing but id love to continue to share my experiences and show first hand what i I've been through and how i did it.

Thanks for your assistance
Old 06-14-16, 02:53 PM
salimshah

Received 993 Likes on 898 Posts

Here is a link to the sticky
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...x300-diys.html

Sticky are the threads that do not fall off when new threads are started in the RX300 main page. They stick round and thus are referred as sticky.

Steps:
Copy the url (web page) this thread has.
add a post to the sticky hyperlink 2nd line of this message
Use Read engine Mount as the the topic
paste the link you copied .. Step #1
that it. By the way I highly recommend that members read through the sticky threads. There is a wealth of information out there.

Salim
Old 06-15-16, 05:09 PM
lexina
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for sharing, nice video. I am sure it will help many people with the same problem. I wonder if loosing the front engine mount nut would help in conjunction of the two bolts of the sub-frame.

Last edited by lexina; 06-15-16 at 05:21 PM.