RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

brake fluid

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-16, 09:34 AM
artbuc
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by matts6887
well the thing is they should know if they have done it before which they have. And I looked through reviews for them and so far I did not see anything drastically bad about them. So I just want to do this for my reassurance so to speak. And if i do decide to get it done then i will make sure they wont get paid for the service unless it is done right.I dont know when it was last changed either as the dealer I got the car from did not have previous service records. So I think its best if i have it at least inspected. And i still think they should be able to tell one way or another if it needs to be flushed/changed.
People try to help you but you do not listen. You can not tell if BF is bad by looking at it. If you want to believe otherwise ok by me. However, you have already answered your own question. If no one knows when it was last done, it needs to be done so just get on with it.
Old 04-19-16, 10:16 AM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by artbuc
People try to help you but you do not listen. You can not tell if BF is bad by looking at it. If you want to believe otherwise ok by me. However, you have already answered your own question. If no one knows when it was last done, it needs to be done so just get on with it.
u know u dont have to be hasty or snippy about it dude. If u want to be like that take it to another forum where they dont care how people are to one another. cause i for one wont tolerate it. period. and i disagree; there must be at least one way to tell one way or the other.
Old 04-19-16, 05:48 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salimshah
Matt:

Just be aware about the risk of a brake job going bad. I personally have experienced a brake failure after a brake job done by 'professionals'. Luckily the speed was so slow that I made 3 turns to be back at the shop and could use the auxiliary brake to come to a long stop.
salim where did they go wrong?
Old 04-19-16, 06:15 PM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

It was an uncommon car and the mechanic decided to service the master cylinder by matching available seals. After bleeding they handed me the keys. They never tested by standing on the pedal. [folks dont take it literally] I nearly soiled in my pants when the beast of the car barely slowed.

Salim
Old 04-19-16, 06:32 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll admit i take mechanic work for granted. i see even cheaper places doing test drives though, suffice to say you never went back there again. i would never think that i could be driving out of a shop without braking ability.
Old 04-19-16, 06:40 PM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

hsmac; I think u are right; I gotta admit; i probably at least for a time anyway didnt really think much of a mechanics/service tech's job. But i have much more respect for them these days after having had several vehicles and gone to quite a few dealerships, etc. and I certainly wont think that way anymore. Their job is never a easy one and I definitely hear ya on never thinking about the fact u could be driving out of a shop w out the ability to stop.