RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Neeed iacv

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-14, 09:48 AM
DeadRX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Neeed iacv

Hey guys--help please!

IACV definitely needs to be replaced.

Parts store wants 300 for one. Mechanic said look online.

Rock auto, the most expensive is 140, but how do I know it's the right one with all the correct...HOW DO I KNOW ITS NOT MISSING ANYTHING

Would anyone be able to help verify, or help with a website they know sells our IACV. Even to overnight the sucker, it's less than 300 from what I'm looking at.

Guys, any response today Friday would help me so much!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=fjaedsub5rf7vtgk6tnkpiht40

http://www.**********.com/basket.php...0Detail%20Page

that's parts train ^^

Let me know..
Thank you!
Old 08-01-14, 10:09 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeadRX
Hey guys--help please!

IACV definitely needs to be replaced.

Parts store wants 300 for one. Mechanic said look online.

Rock auto, the most expensive is 140, but how do I know it's the right one with all the correct...HOW DO I KNOW ITS NOT MISSING ANYTHING

Would anyone be able to help verify, or help with a website they know sells our IACV. Even to overnight the sucker, it's less than 300 from what I'm looking at.

Guys, any response today Friday would help me so much!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=fjaedsub5rf7vtgk6tnkpiht40

http://www.**********.com/basket.php...0Detail%20Page

that's parts train ^^

Let me know..
Thank you!
OK go to rock auto, go to parts search type in "ac280" go to parts category scroll down to fuel/air and hit search, that is the part you need it's 125.79$ good luck!
Old 08-01-14, 10:26 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Also it has all the parts necessary For installation, when you remove it save the 4 Philip head screws for the new one, also their will be a gasket off the old one you can re-use the hardest part is removing the throttle body. If you are changing the iacv you might as well give the throttle body a good scrubbing from the carbon build up. Good luck mate
Old 08-01-14, 12:56 PM
DeadRX
Rookie

You must've posted that while I was at the mechanic on his computer on Rock Auto..

Thanks for your prompt response. She is now at the mechanic for the weekend. I even called Rock Auto because I selected overnight, but I told them I am sorry for calling on a friday and I understand they give one business day to their warehouse, if there was any way they could get it out today I'd much appreciate it.

So...yeah $139.09

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by AnthonyMtz
OK go to rock auto, go to parts search type in "ac280" go to parts category scroll down to fuel/air and hit search, that is the part you need it's 125.79$ good luck!
Old 08-01-14, 12:57 PM
DeadRX
Rookie

Three weeks ago I cleaned the TB and IACV, but continued to experience weird starts/rough idles. Hence why I am replacing IACV now! Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll clean some gunk out from the other end.

Originally Posted by AnthonyMtz
Also it has all the parts necessary For installation, when you remove it save the 4 Philip head screws for the new one, also their will be a gasket off the old one you can re-use the hardest part is removing the throttle body. If you are changing the iacv you might as well give the throttle body a good scrubbing from the carbon build up. Good luck mate
Old 08-01-14, 01:50 PM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Yes! Indeed glad to hear you got to get the parts!!, and yes its alway good to clean a few other things while it is already out. It wouldn't hurt anyone lol, and not a problem I try to help as quickly as possible because I know people love their Rx and want to get their transportation back on the road!
Old 08-12-14, 02:44 PM
Briand_OH
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Data Pt:

I bought a IAC at Toyota dealer years ago. Can't recall the price, but wasn't Lexus caliber. No problems, but getting Phillips screws out was not fun in single digit temps.....