RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Door Ajar Will Not Turn Off HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-14, 08:14 PM
timmui
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It took me a while to find this, but here is the definitive answer to where the ECU is for the door.
Door Ajar Will Not Turn Off HELP!!!!-keyless-entry-component-locations.png
The following users liked this post:
StraightlineAuto (06-26-23)
Old 05-29-14, 07:20 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timmui
It took me a while to find this, but here is the definitive answer to where the ECU is for the door.
Attachment 330754
Thank you so so much i will check this out today my local junkyard has a few rx300's and i could snag the ecu and window switch for hopefully under 200$ that would be great thanks so much for the help and for taking you valuable time to find this for me
Old 05-29-14, 07:22 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by salimshah
I certainly dont want to confuse the OP, although it seems he want to grasp at straws .... [so hard to tell over internet].

I would urge him to do the homework and not jump on any information here. IMHO (unconfirmed as I have not worked on it) the door ecu is under the instrument cluster near kick panel.

Armed with circuit, any one can trace signals to the ecu. <= this is worth pursuing.

Salim

Thanks for your help Salim as i told another member i will try to snag the door switch and the ecu in the kick pannel hopefully for under 200$ and give it a shot the only bad thing that can happen is it not work :-)
Old 05-29-14, 10:49 AM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMtz
Thanks for your help Salim as i told another member i will try to snag the door switch and the ecu in the kick pannel hopefully for under 200$ and give it a shot the only bad thing that can happen is it not work :-)
The door actuator is expensive and the ecu is not too expensive, but the problem can be in the wires or the connector. I would still say do the diagnosis. If you throw parts at it, you may still be at square one, but then there is a chance that you have replaced the failed part.

Be very careful when it comes to opening the door panel and working with the the actuator/door-release. If assembly is not done right and you put the panel back, the door can remain shut and you have to destroy the door panel to get to the innards.

I sincerely hope that you did not take any offense to my posts.

Salim
Old 05-29-14, 11:50 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by salimshah
The door actuator is expensive and the ecu is not too expensive, but the problem can be in the wires or the connector. I would still say do the diagnosis. If you throw parts at it, you may still be at square one, but then there is a chance that you have replaced the failed part.

Be very careful when it comes to opening the door panel and working with the the actuator/door-release. If assembly is not done right and you put the panel back, the door can remain shut and you have to destroy the door panel to get to the innards.

I sincerely hope that you did not take any offense to my posts.

Salim
No Salim no offense taken at all i actually appreciate You helping me and getting me in the right direction for reapirs and i understand that there has to be precautions taken and i am really thankful to have nice people on this forum that really care about how to and help fix a problem thanks again i will go on with further diagnosis