Remote entry, courtesy dome light, door locks randomly "lock/unlock" while driving
My 99 RX300 master key works sporadically, but once it stops working, I can insert the key in the drivers door lock to manually lock the doors and then the key fob buttons will turn off the headlights & chirp the alarm to signal the doors locked. Other oddities are:
- While driving, the doors will lock/unlock on their own - just one or 2 times, not continually.
- Courtesy dome light comes on & will automatically dim before I start the car, BUT if I start the engine it will stay on for the entire ride, forcing me to manually turn off at the roof dome switch..
- Back hatch dome light no longer operates as it should in auto mode. Have to turn on/off manually.
- 6 CD changer in glove box (or something near there?) seems to be making a mechanical noise (like it's swapping CD's?) when the CD player is not being used.
* Tried disconnecting battery to clear memory
* Reprogrammed key every way I could find on the net (press gas pedal 5x, brake pedal 5x, lock/unlock door lock within 1 second of each other & perform all steps within 40 seconds...) and more, to no avail.
* Bought new BCM for area under ignition. Results were worsse than with the original & could not reprogram using one of 3 methods.