RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Mickey and Minnie moved in

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 10:36 AM
rxda90
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Mickey and Minnie moved in

I spent an hour or so yesterday taking a mouse nest out of my A/C system.

Little buggers set up shop right against my cabin air filter, so at least it was accessible. Needed to take out the glove box in order to give me enough space to wield my vacuum crevice tool. Managed to access the top side of the blower as well and clean that out. After installing a new cabin filter and a few shots of Febreze, you'd never know.

I cannot see where the damn things got in. There are intakes in the cowl behind the hood, and there are no signs that they chewed in through the latticework. Where else could they have gotten in? Is there another intake somewhere?

I'm not putting out poison, because with my luck one would dine on some and then climb up into the car and die. So I placed several traps in the vicinity and caught three overnight. We're in a heavily wooded area, and there's really no way to keep them out of the garage. Maybe I'll get a cat!
Old 12-06-13, 10:55 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

[QUOTE=rxda90;8268769]I spent an hour or so yesterday taking a mouse nest out of my A/C system.

Little buggers set up shop right against my cabin air filter, so at least it was accessible. Needed to take out the glove box in order to give me enough space to wield my vacuum crevice tool. Managed to access the top side of the blower as well and clean that out. After installing a new cabin filter and a few shots of Febreze, you'd never know.

I cannot see where the damn things got in. There are intakes in the cowl behind the hood, and there are no signs that they chewed in through the latticework. Where else could they have gotten in? Is there another intake somewhere?

I'm not putting out poison, because with my luck one would dine on some and then climb up into the car and die. So I placed several traps in the vicinity and caught three overnight. We're in a heavily wooded area, and there's really no way to keep them out of the garage. Maybe I'll get a cat![/QUOTE]

yep, get a good mouser that`s all you need.
Old 12-06-13, 12:36 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

[QUOTE=lexus114;8268800]
Originally Posted by rxda90
.. snip
. Maybe I'll get a cat![/QUOTE]

yep, get a good mouser that`s all you need.
Make sure you name the cat Tom ,,, oh but thats another series.

Salim
Old 12-06-13, 12:59 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Get rid of them as fast as you can.

I hope they didn't damage any wiring.
Old 04-04-14, 10:13 PM
losrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple easy way

Originally Posted by rxda90

I'm not putting out poison, because with my luck one would dine on some and then climb up into the car and die. So I placed several traps in the vicinity and caught three overnight. We're in a heavily wooded area, and there's really no way to keep them out of the garage. Maybe I'll get a cat!
You can use bounce fabric softner. The laundry stuff paper that you use when you dry your cloths. Just place the paper where you need it, they hate the smell.
Old 04-08-14, 10:38 AM
MellonC00
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

just borrow your neighbor's cat for a week or so. all traces of mice simply go away........