RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

How do you read trouble codes off display

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-13, 01:34 PM
Bobadababy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do you read trouble codes off display

A while back I came across some information on how to read trouble codes from the info screen by using a combination of buttons on the middle console. It puts you into some sort of service mode but, I can't recall how to do it. I've been searching for hours and can't find anything on this. Any help would be great. Thanks!

I have a 2001 RX300 AWD
Old 06-23-13, 01:46 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobadababy
A while back I came across some information on how to read trouble codes from the info screen by using a combination of buttons on the middle console. It puts you into some sort of service mode but, I can't recall how to do it. I've been searching for hours and can't find anything on this. Any help would be great. Thanks!

I have a 2001 RX300 AWD
Welcome to Club Lexus!

I'm not aware of any way to read trouble codes from the center display.

The only troubleshooting that can do is with the HVAC system.
Old 06-23-13, 02:01 PM
Bobadababy
Driver School Candidate

The reason I was asking is because I have no A/C and the light just blinks. I found a thread that mentioned holding the AUTO & recirculating air buttons while turning on ignition and that worked. It displayed a 21 & 43 code. The 21 is solar related but I think it is because my car is parked in the garage. The 43 code I am looking into now. I also have a noise behind the dash which I think is the servo motor(s). Thank you for the response. If you have any other info related to my problem that would be great.
Old 06-23-13, 02:30 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

The reason I was asking is because I have no A/C and the light just blinks. I found a thread that mentioned holding the AUTO & recirculating air buttons while turning on ignition and that worked. It displayed a 21 & 43 code. The 21 is solar related but I think it is because my car is parked in the garage. The 43 code I am looking into now. I also have a noise behind the dash which I think is the servo motor(s). Thank you for the response. If you have any other info related to my problem that would be great.
Ignore code 21, as you said it's for the solar sensor. It likely got set because it was dark when you did the troubleshooting.

Code 43 is Air Outlet Damper Control Servomotor Circuit. Which is also commonly called the Mode Servo.
Old 06-23-13, 03:45 PM
Bobadababy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the response. I also have a very high reading (red line) on the LOW side of A/C. Do you think it's the pressure switch, valve, clutch or possibly the compressor itself? According to Autozone the compressor did not engage. I also have been hearing a slight metallic noise under the hood but it doesn't last very long.
Old 06-24-13, 12:34 AM
code58
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the response. I also have a very high reading (red line) on the LOW side of A/C. Do you think it's the pressure switch, valve, clutch or possibly the compressor itself? According to Autozone the compressor did not engage. I also have been hearing a slight metallic noise under the hood but it doesn't last very long.
How was the high reading on the low side determined? The only way you can get a pressure reading on either high or low side is if the compressor is running. If AZ said the compressor did not engage, all you have is a static system (meaning the pressure has equalized and then it would indeed be high on the low side) That doesn't really tell you anything. You can get a static reading (system equalized) by putting a set of guages on (as you would for charging the system) but it still doesn't tell you what the system is doing when in operation. If high is too high and low is too low there could be a blockage in an inline filter but since low is at redline there would have to be something blocking between the evaporator and the compressor and there shouldn't be anything to restrict that area.
Old 07-03-13, 11:37 AM
burmula
Driver School Candidate

From russian forum, use google to translate it

http://club-lexus.ru/faq/index.php?article=260
Old 01-14-16, 05:24 AM
maxSteel
Instructor

Received 240 Likes on 202 Posts

This one is in English

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...iagnosis-help/