RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

rear sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-13, 07:17 AM
reisjdmd
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rear sway bars

i already looked on the search section. is there a link that gives information? my mechanic says the rear driver's side bump clunk is due to sway bar issues. he suggests to replace rear bars and bushings on both sides. there are lots availabe on e-bay. question: is there a difference between the length of the upper and lower bar? are bushings already installed on new bars, or is that usually separate? does the exhaust have to be removed to get at the passenger side bars, upper and lower? are any special tools needed? is there any trick to removing and replacing these? any other suggestions?
Old 04-06-13, 08:54 AM
defo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by reisjdmd
i already looked on the search section. is there a link that gives information? my mechanic says the rear driver's side bump clunk is due to sway bar issues. he suggests to replace rear bars and bushings on both sides. there are lots availabe on e-bay. question: is there a difference between the length of the upper and lower bar? are bushings already installed on new bars, or is that usually separate? does the exhaust have to be removed to get at the passenger side bars, upper and lower? are any special tools needed? is there any trick to removing and replacing these? any other suggestions?
The bar should be fine....try searching for new sway bar link, the part that connects the sway bar to the suspension arm...they have a bushing on each end....should be cheaper that a full sway bar set

Look on JC Whitney