RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

RX300 Front Passenger Window - switch or motor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 10:44 AM
yuyangbit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have a similar problem : the rear driver side window stuck with noise when the main switch or door switch was pressed. In the end, I fixed the problem by :
" Close the door loudly while pressing the switch" as I searched.
Then the door switch worked fine since then.
My 0.02
Old 04-18-16, 08:20 AM
NErx300
Driver School Candidate

Default Relay

If anyone has any of the relays mentioned in this thread, please send me a PM; I'd like to purchase a few.

Already replaced the master switch last summer and now the passenger switch is acting up. Many thanks for all of the good info in this thread!
Old 07-01-16, 11:26 AM
Macmasdad
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a 2000 RX300 and am experiencing the same issue on my front passenger window. CB has been a wealth of information. The only AliExpress option that I can find to purchase CR2-12v relays is on this below attached link. 20piece/lot size is a little much.(Good thing is, is that they have 39,999 lot worth). Has anyone recently found smaller lot size options that they can send a link to???

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...2-1aab64170156
Old 08-24-16, 05:29 PM
Steeprock
Driver School Candidate

Anybody want to go in on a "lot" of relays; I really didn't want to spend $75 on 20 and mess with reselling them but I am exhausted looking for another option.

Has anyone confirmed that the back window controllers use the same relay (they are much cheaper).

Has anyone looked at using an rx330 part; they look identical in pictures?

Old 08-25-16, 06:20 AM
NErx300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Steeprock
Anybody want to go in on a "lot" of relays; I really didn't want to spend $75 on 20 and mess with reselling them but I am exhausted looking for another option.

Has anyone confirmed that the back window controllers use the same relay (they are much cheaper).

Has anyone looked at using an rx330 part; they look identical in pictures?
I've been trying the Ali route for months and months. China is out of stock and their records just are outdated. The orders go through and then never show up. When I contact the sellers, they keep saying "lost in transit" and refund me.

I'm working to purchase a lot through an obscure distributor in Hong Kong (not through Ali). If successful, I'll sell the extra chips on eBay so folks can have a U.S.-based option without all the hassle I've had to deal with. I'm tired of this!
Old 08-25-16, 09:31 AM
Macmasdad
Driver School Candidate

Good Luck NErx300 on your purchase through Hong Kong, and let us know if/when that works out, so we can start bidding on your extras!

(I had recently placed an order thru Ali, and have the feeling I will be running into the same problem as you did. It has been "still shipping locally within China" for 3 weeks now. I still need to wait a few days before filing a complaint to get money refunded. Nice racket Ali has to make interest onto your money, for orders that never show up.)

Old 08-25-16, 09:49 AM
Macmasdad
Driver School Candidate

FYI I just noticed in a parallel thread "Window switch relay CR2-12V NAIS" ; rickl289 may have come up with a optional solution (if you have the soldering skills). He using a different relay (ACJ2112 ) and soldered wires to re-route the different ACJ2112 pin layout to the board.
Old 08-25-16, 10:46 AM
Steeprock
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NErx300
I've been trying the Ali route for months and months. China is out of stock and their records just are outdated. The orders go through and then never show up. When I contact the sellers, they keep saying "lost in transit" and refund me.

I'm working to purchase a lot through an obscure distributor in Hong Kong (not through Ali). If successful, I'll sell the extra chips on eBay so folks can have a U.S.-based option without all the hassle I've had to deal with. I'm tired of this!
Let me know if you get something. I've sent in quote request to US, Japan, Alibaba, Aliexpress all with the same we are out of stock.

It is crazy that these are so high of demand yet Panasonic stopped production.

BTW the batch i tried to get from china looked promising then they said parts were defective........
Old 08-25-16, 12:54 PM
NErx300
Driver School Candidate

Let me know if you get something. I've sent in quote request to US, Japan, Alibaba, Aliexpress all with the same we are out of stock.

It is crazy that these are so high of demand yet Panasonic stopped production.

BTW the batch i tried to get from china looked promising then they said parts were defective........
This has been very frustrating. If I can get a hold of some, I'll throw them up on eBay with "buy it now" and save everyone the hassle I've been dealing with for half a year now. I can't believe the fiasco.
Old 09-26-16, 05:43 PM
Jak2042
Driver School Candidate

I've been trying the Aliexpress route for few months via different sellers too, and wait for refunding. They are out of stock.
If you really want to get one, you can go on eBay. But it is very expensive, the seller calls $120/ each plus $30 for shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CR2-12V-Nais...EAAOSwLF1X5-SX
Old 09-26-16, 08:07 PM
Steeprock
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that is costly; I am still looking around hoping to get a lot of ten for $174.00. I will post them on ebay for $20.00 if I get them.

Originally Posted by Jak2042
I've been trying the Aliexpress route for few months via different sellers too, and wait for refunding. They are out of stock.
If you really want to get one, you can go on eBay. But it is very expensive, the seller calls $120/ each plus $30 for shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CR2-12V-Nais...EAAOSwLF1X5-SX
Old 09-27-16, 05:34 AM
NErx300
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that is costly; I am still looking around hoping to get a lot of ten for $174.00. I will post them on ebay for $20.00 if I get them.
if you have any luck, let me know. This has been a frustrating hunt for sure! None of my orders have been fulfilled.
Old 10-01-16, 11:39 AM
bhenuset
Driver School Candidate

I'm interested in the purchasing some of the relays, too. I've tried numerous suppliers from China with absolutely no success.

Please keep me posted
Old 11-09-16, 01:56 PM
victorjust
Driver School Candidate

There are couple on eBay for $60 each
Old 11-21-16, 09:46 AM
cwsteini
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

A bad relay doesn't make continuous clicking sounds, so if your are hearing constant clicking as you try to energize the motor.., then theres an issue with your motor. BUT SERIOUSLY take the door panel off and identify where the sound is coming from and visualize the problem.., It is really easy!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...moval-diy.html

Let us know what you found and what you did to fix it.

Quick Reply: RX300 Front Passenger Window - switch or motor?