RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

New to Lexus and forum!! Got a question....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-12, 03:37 PM
jbl-1985
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You can look here, but you can do a search here on homelink and you'll get a lot of hits. I have used the procedure in the manual and it has always worked for me. Sometimes reading what others have done helps.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-to-work.html
Old 03-06-12, 03:41 PM
code58
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggerOkie
Lol, electrical engineer! I see!!! Well I make electricity so if I'm ever in CA I'll drop some by!
Ya know what BO, you make sure and keep that stuff in a proper container. Don't go just stuffing it in your pocket and walking out with it. I'm pretty sure it would burn more than a hole before you made it to the door!
I was holding the safety door open on a 440V outlet so that the guy from the welding supply store could test voltage many years ago. He didn't even touch his 2 probes together, just got a little too close because I was watching them. That 440 jumped the small gap and an M80 had nothing on that juice when it escaped. Scared the B'Jesus out of us and we couldn't hear for a little while. Didn't have a lot of hair on our arms (til it got up the courage to grow back) or a whole lot of eyebrows either.
I've never been afraid of much of anything, but I can't stand electrical shocks, or snakes, and I'm betting you have an adequate supply of both in Ok.

By the way, if you do send some of that "juice", send it UPS. Ought to give that UPS guy a story to tell his grandkids!
Old 03-06-12, 04:01 PM
code58
Lexus Champion

Where are the posted sticky instructions? I've read manual and home link website
What JBL gave you may well give you what you need, I didn't have time to read through it. This is what I sent my son, it's from another Lexus forum. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=51649
Old 03-11-12, 10:53 AM
BiggerOkie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by code58
Ya know what BO, you make sure and keep that stuff in a proper container. Don't go just stuffing it in your pocket and walking out with it. I'm pretty sure it would burn more than a hole before you made it to the door!
I was holding the safety door open on a 440V outlet so that the guy from the welding supply store could test voltage many years ago. He didn't even touch his 2 probes together, just got a little too close because I was watching them. That 440 jumped the small gap and an M80 had nothing on that juice when it escaped. Scared the B'Jesus out of us and we couldn't hear for a little while. Didn't have a lot of hair on our arms (til it got up the courage to grow back) or a whole lot of eyebrows either.
I've never been afraid of much of anything, but I can't stand electrical shocks, or snakes, and I'm betting you have an adequate supply of both in Ok.

By the way, if you do send some of that "juice", send it UPS. Ought to give that UPS guy a story to tell his grandkids!
Sorry it took me so long to get back to the forum! I wish I could put some of it in my lunch pal for home use! They wont let me run a cord from the house to here either! 480V is NOTHING to play around with! Out of the generators is 12,000V and we step it up to 4160,7200 and 345,000 Volts, and yes we have our fair share of snakes here. We draw our cooling water from a "river" and it is common to see cotton mouths around what we call the "screen house" or intake.

Got the RX out of shop and it runs good. The cam seal was leaking a little. So far so good. STILL CANT GET HOMELINK PROGRAMMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I appreciate everyones help here! It is EXTREMELY useful

David

Last edited by BiggerOkie; 03-11-12 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-11-12, 11:11 AM
BiggerOkie
Rookie

Ive read and read.....tried and tried......cant get it to work. My problem is the actual homelink in the visor. I am VERY confident that once I get the visor programmed, I can do the rolling code(my chevy trk has same feature). I cant get the visor to "learn" the hand held factory genie remote. I have done everything I know and this dam$ thing WONT work. I cant give up. This is not going to beat me. I cant let it go.........they make meds for this dont they?
Old 03-11-12, 10:50 PM
code58
Lexus Champion

Ive read and read.....tried and tried......cant get it to work. My problem is the actual homelink in the visor. I am VERY confident that once I get the visor programmed, I can do the rolling code(my chevy trk has same feature). I cant get the visor to "learn" the hand held factory genie remote. I have done everything I know and this dam$ thing WONT work. I cant give up. This is not going to beat me. I cant let it go.........they make meds for this dont they?
I know what you mean by that, and yes they do make meds for that, but no driving, and difinitely no brewing up 345,000 volts while on 'em! Hook that up to that Homelink, it'll do, or die tryin'. Maybe just whisper it in itr's ear.
Old 03-11-12, 11:34 PM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

There are some brands of remotes that do not work as expected. One brand only sends out a short burst (if you keep the button pressed, it only transmits for first few seconds). By the time the RX gets to the transmitted frequency, the sending unit has quit transmitting. The trick to learn is to apply steady bursts from the transmitter and hope that the RX would be scanning the frequency the transmitter is sending out.

You can also verify, that the RX is capable of learning by borrowing a transmitter of another brand from a family member or a friend.

Salim
Old 03-12-12, 08:52 AM
BiggerOkie
Rookie

Originally Posted by code58
I know what you mean by that, and yes they do make meds for that, but no driving, and difinitely no brewing up 345,000 volts while on 'em! Hook that up to that Homelink, it'll do, or die tryin'. Maybe just whisper it in itr's ear.
Working for who I do, pics float around of thieves attempting to steal copper WHILE IT'S HOT! I guess they are so doped up they don't care or realize its hot. They aren't pretty. Flash burn is not good.
Old 03-12-12, 08:55 AM
BiggerOkie
Rookie

Originally Posted by salimshah
There are some brands of remotes that do not work as expected. One brand only sends out a short burst (if you keep the button pressed, it only transmits for first few seconds). By the time the RX gets to the transmitted frequency, the sending unit has quit transmitting. The trick to learn is to apply steady bursts from the transmitter and hope that the RX would be scanning the frequency the transmitter is sending out.

You can also verify, that the RX is capable of learning by borrowing a transmitter of another brand from a family member or a friend.

Salim

That my friend, is an EXCELLENT idea! Thank you
Old 03-12-12, 05:51 PM
BiggerOkie
Rookie

That my friend, is an EXCELLENT idea! Thank you
IT WORKED! We tried my mother-in-laws opener(for her unit) and it took immediately. So then we knew it worked and that the problem was our openers. I took the wireless opener(that you hang on the outside of your house) off and held it up to the visor and WHAMO BAMO!!!!! IT WORKS!!!! Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

David