RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

2001 RX300 braking delay and random engine rev

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-16, 12:37 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanjee
Thank you for responding Salimshah, and I truly understand and appreciate your comment. I need to say to you that I have done lots of research only to find that there has been tons of issues with this. As a matter of fact, America made Toyota/Lexus pay BILLIONS of dollars for the cover up of what is call unintentional acceleration in the vehicle. There are also tons of documented accidents regarding the matter. I will call the Lexus dealer I just wanted to know if the original poster of this forum was given a resolution to the problem. USA today wrote an article on the matter in 2014. If you google "lexus accelerating while braking" you will find news articles regarding the matter and if you add the 2001 RX 300 you will find TONS of people who said they had accidents due to similar experiences.

I just wanted to know if his problem was in fact resolved by the dealer b/c I've also seen post where dealer denies the fault yet years later they had to pay billions for the "cover up" for an issue that was said was known by the company.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyota...ry?id=22972214

It reads Toyota pays 1.2 BILLION for hiding deadly unintended acceleration.

I heard it might be an issue with a throttle sensor but if Toyota/Lexus has been hiding the issue what value is it to bring it to a dealer who will tell me they have no idea what I'm talking about and that I'm "crazy?"

I want it fixed I don't want it covered up, so I hope the original person replys to tell me if they covered it up with him or in fact resolved the problem.

Salim, I'm thinking you may work for Lexus b/c you said there are no grounds for the findings? Thank you, I do sincerely appreciate your concern.
Please do not spread false accusations. There is no conspiracy here, unfortunately people saw an opportunity to make some money and took it.
Old 05-26-16, 12:46 PM
Tanjee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hypervish, please don't just stop yourself now. I read an article in the news paper (an article that I provided via link) please don't make it just seem like I'm making something up without backing it up. So, if you can't respond to the actual problem, your PERSONAL response has not been requested. This is not personal for me it's BUSINESS.
Old 05-26-16, 01:11 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts
Default 2001 RX300 braking delay and random engine rev

never mind..dont feed the Tanjee troll

Last edited by fastnoypi; 05-26-16 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-26-16, 01:41 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Hypervish, please don't just stop yourself now. I read an article in the news paper (an article that I provided via link) please don't make it just seem like I'm making something up without backing it up. So, if you can't respond to the actual problem, your PERSONAL response has not been requested. This is not personal for me it's BUSINESS.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-scare-feature

Plenty of facts in that article. Main point being:
Originally Posted by Car and Driver
The DOT concluded that, other than a number of incidents caused by accelerators hanging up on incorrectly fitted floor mats, the accidents were caused by drivers depressing their accelerators when they intended to apply their brakes. “Pedal misapplication” was the DOT’s delicate terminology  for this phenomenon.
In an effort to not get this thread locked, I will now exit this thread.
Old 05-26-16, 02:48 PM
Tanjee
Driver School Candidate

Hypervish, your article is 2011 my article is 2014 which means my article is more current and that is the reason it was considered a cover up. In 2011 Toyota denied the allegations and in 2014 it was found that back in 2011 allegedly Toyota lied and knew there were some issues. Hence, in 2014 1.2 Bilion was paid out by Toyota. Truth is, I did not present that article to DEBATE an issue on allegations against Toyota. I presented it to find a problem about my car. Your article is OLD but if in fact you choose to stick with the older rather than the latter that's fine by me but don't make it seem like I providing false information when in fact my article is more CURRENT than yours.
Old 05-26-16, 03:01 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Hypervish, your article is 2011 my article is 2014 which means my article is more current and that is the reason it was considered a cover up. In 2011 Toyota denied the allegations and in 2014 it was found that back in 2011 allegedly Toyota lied and knew there were some issues. Hence, in 2014 1.2 Bilion was paid out by Toyota. Truth is, I did not present that article to DEBATE an issue on allegations against Toyota. I presented it to find a problem about my car. Your article is OLD but if in fact you choose to stick with the older rather than the latter that's fine by me but don't make it seem like I providing false information when in fact my article is more CURRENT than yours.
That wasn't the point of my article...it was to prove that your suspicion regarding the throttle sensor is completely bogus in regards to this issue, and that Toyota did find the "cause" of the problem; they didn't just cover it up. And, that your car is not even remotely affected by that.

I heard it might be an issue with a throttle sensor but if Toyota/Lexus has been hiding the issue what value is it to bring it to a dealer who will tell me they have no idea what I'm talking about and that I'm "crazy?"

I want it fixed I don't want it covered up, so I hope the original person replys to tell me if they covered it up with him or in fact resolved the problem.
Ok, I think I've made my point clear enough.
Old 05-26-16, 03:38 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

For someone who just joined and have a problem with their car, you are quite defensive on Hypervish's input on your theory which DOES NOT MATTER! The old vs new article source argument is meaningless and clutters up the forum. Let it go!
Old 05-26-16, 03:59 PM
Tanjee
Driver School Candidate

@Fastnoypi and hypervish you both suck. This forum sucks. I should have kept my X5 and not down graded. Instead of getting help I'm getting people who are taking things personal and putting their personal opinions in when I need matter of fact. Horrible experience on this forum thanks to hypervish not to mention a horrible car that feels like I'm driving a toy.
Old 05-26-16, 04:13 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

@Tanjee By the tantrum you have, maybe you need a safe room. Somehow i suck now because i know how to remedy your car (for free or probably less than $10) Your car isn't horrible...maybe just has a horrible owner.
Old 05-26-16, 04:33 PM
Tanjee
Driver School Candidate

@fastnoypi, you did help me. No, I'm not throwing a tantrum it just hypervish started the whole problem and now I'm being blamed for it b/c I'm in the learning process? I initially asked him to stop b/c I knew where it was going to go but then you blame me. LOL, I am far from a horrible owner. I am very kind and good hearted. When I test drove the car in NJ I did not feel it but coming from Jersey into VA I felt it. Not to mention, the check engine light came on which leads me to believe the dealer reset it using the OBD tool. I have not owned this car for a week and I paid cash for it. I took it to get an oil change and STS did something under the exhaust system causing my muffler to be super loud. STS wanted to upsale me when I came in only for an oil change and a perfectl I purchased the car on Friday so tomorrow will be a week. I just don't have time to go back and forth with hypervish and a news article then you blame ME. Call it a tantrum or what you want, I really don't care but I came for answers that's it, not opinions. I went with an article I did not make the stuff up but you boys seem to be very touchy over me reading a darn article. Hypervish should have given it a break NOT ME he kept coming for me. Tanjee troll, lol what ever.