RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Question about compatible nudge and nerf bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-11, 01:36 AM
Australian
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Question about compatible nudge and nerf bars

I am looking for nudge bars and nerf bars side steps for the rx300 but wondering
what else will fit. Nobody advertises for the RX300 in Australia only the RX330 on. I am not looking to pay 3x the price in shipping so do Rav 4 nudge and nerf bars fit or prado or rx330? Wondering if these are the same. Is it one size fits all with these things well are they only making 3 sizes? What about other brands surely they dont make 100 fitments for these so what have you used?

pic not mine just a sweet rx300
Old 06-26-11, 04:40 AM
Iluvlexus
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man down under. Since you are looking to upgrade your ride you must still have your RX300. Many of us followed your trials and tribulations as you continually were changing the transmission fluid along side the road in the snake-infested desert (that's at least how it sounded to me) to address the most recent break down. Can you fill us in on how you finally resolved your transmission woes?

Thanks
Scott
Old 06-26-11, 08:31 AM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

The issue you are facing is finding add-ons for old model. The other problem is there was never a huge market for the vehicle [talking about addons] to begin with.

I did add front skid and bull bars by Jaos. All stainless steal and polished chrome finish on the bull-bars [Looks very nice with midnight pearl imho]. The price was pretty high, but solid product. No rust, no bad joints. I wanted to add tail skid, but not the side-step and never considered the roof carrier. The mud guards were a bit too much for my taste.

http://www.jaos.com/

Salim

ps: I have no affiliation with Jaos ... just a satisfied customer
Old 06-27-11, 03:10 AM
Australian
Advanced

Too be honest i haven't been driving my rx300 as yes gearbox is stuffed i have been fixing another car up just have it registered as needed a car to drive and will go back and find my problem very soon. I also had an accident in my other car and my spacer came off and i just spent weekend fixing the damage so kinda not having much luck with anything.

I actually just upgraded my wheels this week so haven't lost any passion i just needed tires and found a set of rx330 17"s 2004 that were road worthy for less than price of 16" tires so i have new shoes and it looks a lot more modern.
Old 07-01-11, 12:14 AM
Lorider680
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same market as you are Aussie. I found a pretty good "Bull Bar" i.e. nudge bar on Carid.com. I haven't got it yet and don't know what it looks like in person but the site looks legit. The side Nerf bars are a generic bar and fit many a model car. Good luck and post pics if you get it.
F
Old 07-01-11, 01:45 PM
salimshah

Enjoy!

Info says 1 is available through Jaos

As some one said before ,,,, just nudge the 'roos.

Salim

ps: You have to remove the front bumper to install.
Attached Thumbnails Question about compatible nudge and nerf bars-142285.jpg  
Old 08-29-11, 02:45 AM
Australian
Advanced

Originally Posted by Iluvlexus
Man down under. Since you are looking to upgrade your ride you must still have your RX300. Many of us followed your trials and tribulations as you continually were changing the transmission fluid along side the road in the snake-infested desert (that's at least how it sounded to me) to address the most recent break down. Can you fill us in on how you finally resolved your transmission woes?

Thanks
Scott
There wasn't much salvageable ended with another used box and rebuilt my box out of 2 and spares using the original housing. I paid someone gave up as was a mess.
Old 08-29-11, 02:48 AM
Australian
Advanced

More thought into this subject if the Highlander, Kluger, Harrier, RX300, RX330 RX350 RX400 all share same chassis surely these are more interchangeable than advertised.
Old 08-29-11, 05:08 AM
salimshah

The noses are different as you compare Lexus models.

Salim
Old 09-01-11, 01:20 AM
Australian
Advanced

Originally Posted by salimshah
The noses are different as you compare Lexus models.

Salim
I don't mind reshaping the bumper a little. I have built custom body kits.
Old 09-01-11, 08:19 AM
salimshah

If you take up metal shaping, welding, plating/painting, you can make yourself some nice guards. It may be easier to take some existing ones and modify them.

The possibilities are endless.

Did you ever check with Jaos? The us site said one is available.

Salim
Old 03-01-12, 02:48 AM
Australian
Advanced

Default Nudge bar Info

i am back to thinking about this as i see a few nudge bars on ebay around $50 and thought that i can adapt one to fit. As most Nudge bars mounting points are closer together than 855mm and have a height of around 450mm that most nudge bars could be adapted i just did some measuring and thought i would post the information.

Nudge bar Info

The inside to inside measurement between chassis rails of the RX300 chassis is 855mm
The outside to outside measurement of the RX300 chassis is 980mm

The Nudge Bar needs to go under the car approx 550mm to clear the bumper and mount to chassis.

The Nudge Bar needs to be about 450mm high as too high will sit higher than the bumper.
Old 03-01-12, 12:21 PM
salimshah

That deals with physical clearances, the other part is how it is physically attached to the RX without requiring drilling holes or welding.

If you are planing to custom fab the attach points, then you are good to go.

In my install (Jaos-setup), I had to remove the front bumper. Nuts and blots in the package along with the mounting hardware meant no drilling holes or welding for me.

Salim
Old 10-04-12, 06:12 AM
Australian
Advanced

Originally Posted by salimshah
That deals with physical clearances, the other part is how it is physically attached to the RX without requiring drilling holes or welding.

If you are planing to custom fab the attach points, then you are good to go.

In my install (Jaos-setup), I had to remove the front bumper. Nuts and blots in the package along with the mounting hardware meant no drilling holes or welding for me.

Salim
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New...ht_6029wt_1139

looks like same if not similar
Old 10-04-12, 06:14 AM
Australian
Advanced

same seller has another

Quick Reply: Question about compatible nudge and nerf bars