RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

keyless

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-02, 10:25 PM
trtiron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless

Is there way to program keyless part of the remote ?
Old 08-09-02, 05:04 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Program it for what? If you want to change how it functions with reguard to unlocking all the doors on the first click instead of driver's door first and all other doors second then that is a C-Best setting. Something the dealer has to adjust.
Old 08-09-02, 05:13 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

What's C-Best ya say? Well, just is case you didn't know I'm gonna go ahead and tell you. It's a host of features on Lexus vehicles that are adjustable by the dealer. C-Best stands for Customized Body Electronics System.

It includes things such as loundess of the beep when unlocking/locking, no beep at all, length of auto-headlight delay, etc. All Lexus vehilces have different programmable options, the LS and GS having the most.
Old 08-09-02, 08:12 AM
RX300_ATL
Driver School Candidate

Any idea- about how much do dealerships charge for changing CBEST parameters? It doesn't seem like it should cost them anything more than time, but you know how they're always looking for an easy profit...
Old 08-09-02, 09:21 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

You're right RX300_ATL, it shouldn't cost them any more than time. From what I understand all they have to do is plug up a tool that adjusts the settings. Simple as that. Some on the board have had their dealers adjust it for them and it didn't cost anything. I guess it depends on the dealer.

I'm surprised when the car is purchased new the dealer doesn't go through the settings with the customer to customize the settings

I'd push for a free one for the first time b/c the dealer never asked you how you wanted them set in the first place...other than the default settings. It may work, after all, that's what the settings are for...to be changed!

Last edited by LexRX; 08-09-02 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-09-02, 10:46 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LexRX
I'm surprised when the car is purchased new the dealer doesn't go through the settings with the customer to customize the settings

I'd push for a free one for the first time b/c the dealer never asked you how you wanted them set in the first place...other than the default settings. It may work, after all, that's what the settings are for...to be changed!
I think thats a good idea, sit down with the customer to adjust what they want. Unfortunatly some of the settings are 4-5 pages long. It would take me forever to explain what each feature does. When you read the owners manual you'll see writing that says "To alter this feature see your lexus dealer". That is your only hint about C-bes. I have never seen a dealer charge to do this. Only takes a minute.

DD
Old 08-09-02, 11:36 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by DevildogIS300

I think thats a good idea, sit down with the customer to adjust what they want. Unfortunatly some of the settings are 4-5 pages long. It would take me forever to explain what each feature does. When you read the owners manual you'll see writing that says "To alter this feature see your lexus dealer". That is your only hint about C-bes. I have never seen a dealer charge to do this. Only takes a minute.

DD
I forget that there are some dealer employees on this site...not that that is an excuse. After reading my post again, I didn't mean to sound like such an ***. But yeah, some sort of an explanation or customization would be good during the purchasing process. Then again, there are those who want to mess with a new car purchase with as little interaction as possible.
Old 08-10-02, 05:56 AM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

You never sounded like an ***. All I'm saying is the c-bes options might be too technical for a sales person to properly explain. When I'm asked about a particular c-bes option, I still need to refer to the list. But I still think it would be a good idea.
Old 08-10-02, 07:09 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

You never sounded like an ***. All I'm saying is the c-bes options might be too technical for a sales person to properly explain. When I'm asked about a particular c-bes option, I still need to refer to the list. But I still think it would be a good idea.
Mabye dealers could come up with a sheet where the customer could check what they wanted done next to each option. Just an idea, I'm not really familiar with how complex this system is. All I know is the c-best programmable option list I have. Something like that would be good for the customer to have.
Old 08-11-02, 07:40 AM
ThomasD650
Driver School Candidate

Question What options are there?

What other options are available? I'd love to hear what is available. So far the only one I've seen mentioned was the door unlocking order from the remote.

I suppose I could rummage through my manual, but it would be helpful if someone could post a list.
Old 08-11-02, 09:09 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Default Re: What options are there?

Originally posted by ThomasD650
I suppose I could rummage through my manual, but it would be helpful if someone could post a list.
Okay, okay, I knew I would have to post it eventually This should work, just don't turn on word wrap.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
c-best options.txt (10.2 KB, 166 views)
Old 08-11-02, 03:43 PM
AlBoston
Pole Position

Security UP/DOOR KEY ON ON/OFF: Windows will roll up when key is locking drivers door and
held for 1.5 seconds with the ignition off

will this function work on the IS300?
Old 08-11-02, 04:09 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Originally posted by AlBoston
Security UP/DOOR KEY ON ON/OFF: Windows will roll up when key is locking drivers door and
held for 1.5 seconds with the ignition off

will this function work on the IS300?
No, whole different list of options.
Old 08-11-02, 04:43 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I should mention that these options do not work for all Lexus vehicles. The LS and GS have the majority of the functions. I would say the LS has all of them.

I have a file that lists what vehicle they work for, however, the file size is to big to post here and the picture file is of very poor quality. It is legible, but marginally so. If you want I can email it to whomever needs it...assuming that isn't too many people
Old 08-11-02, 06:01 PM
AlBoston
Pole Position

No, whole different list of options.
so it doesn't work, i would really love that feature!

Quick Reply: keyless