RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

What's with all my problems? (get ready for some readin')

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-02, 09:47 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you really like your RX right now???? And you were giving me grief when I had thaughts in my mind about trading mine in for a Yukon XL....... HAHAHAHA..... JK.... Hope everything worksout for you Nick.....
Old 06-11-02, 08:06 AM
Handogen
Driver

Originally posted by LexRX

The dealer didn't replace the light for you? I'm not taking no for an answer. I've lived in the same area all my life and this is the first car me or my family has owned that has done this. Our LS doesn't have this problem.

What brand CD did you use for the 80min CD? That's about all I use in 80min 700mb disks and they work fine in my changer. I use TDK and Memorex. PNY, Maxell, and others will work too. It all depends on the dye used in the CD.

I can't say I really followed up on it as aggressively as I should have. But now I'm out of warranty... 99 RX300, so I doubt they'd replace them now. That's okay because I plan on replacing them with newer tinted lenses, and I doubt they would have done that for me.

I can't remember what brand of CD I used but usually I use TDK.. But it's not a big deal. 74 minutes is enough...
Old 06-11-02, 11:54 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Hey now mike, I still like the RX. It's just not liking me right now In the meantime I'll just keep a on my face with this...
Attached Thumbnails What's with all my problems? (get ready for some readin')-is-002.jpg  
Old 06-11-02, 06:43 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Okay, well, my RX was at the dealer all day today. I called later this afternoon (4:30) to see if it was ready to be picked up at 5pm like I was told it would be. Well, I was told about how they couldn't replace the headlight b/c it wasn't foggy at the time it was in the dealer (I had pics to show them, but didn't b/c my service advisor was MIA).

So, I explained how it had condensation all over the inside - more than 3/4 covered. They said the "policy" is not to replace them unless there is actually a pool of water inside and said that they get GS's in all the time with condensation. The usual...it happens...it's normal...live with it crap.

I wouldn't let up. This wasn't acceptable. It didn't make sense; the light is broken! Moisture is NOT supposed to get in like it was and it stayed there 3+ days after rain.

They said they'd need to see the lights how I described them so I was going to show the pictures I took. All this was happening on the phone. So, my dad and I went to the dealer (closest one it 25 min away. I had a night class at 7pm...left the house after 4:30, and was going to be in Atlanta rush-hour traffic )

So we get down there and they are trying to explain how they aren't supposed to change them unless there is a pool of water. I try to explain how this isn't normal under any circumstance. Plus, the condensation could short out the bulb.

My dad feels the same way I do and explains why it should be replaced. They say it's up to the service manager. So, we go into the service advisor's office. He comes and and doesn't ask any more questions. Says...we'll replace it. No need to see pictures, nothing. It'll be replaced. I guess he went and talked to the service manager.

My service advisor was/is very nice. Part of the problem is that I wasn't dealing with him to begin with. There was a short of help so I didn't get to see him when I came in to drop off my RX. So, the part is on order and I will get a call when it comes in to make an appointment.

It gets to me how difficult it is to get a warranty claim through. We were told by a mechanic "you should see how many GS's come through with condensation...they are like that." My dad told him, "What, GS?! I don't have a GS, don't know anything about them...we have an RX and are dealing with IT." Basically, saying, don't try and say since GS's have it then it is common. Just fix ours, it's broken.

The dealer service system is slow and hard to get what you want done. However, I like this service advisor so far. Very knowledgeable and tries to help.

So, in summary, the IS300 loaner car ROCKS! I can see why people love this car...and those like it. Small and agile. It could use more power, but the handling :eek:

Last edited by LexRX; 06-11-02 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-11-02, 07:11 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nick, good..... I was going to tell you to just leave your **** there till they fixed it.... And my GS has that same problem..... SInce 2 weeks after I got it I noticed it..... But I know all the guys at the service there now, so they just ordered me my light on warranty...
No problem at all.... They are really cool there now to me.... Maybe because I have one of the nicest GS's coming through there now.... I stopped by today and talked to the srevice manager about putting in my Tein "FLEX" coils... And he told me he'd charge me the Bare minimum.... ....... These guys hook me up over there..... If they help me out anymore I'm going to tell them I'll put a "Lexus OF Greenwich" on my car.......
Old 06-11-02, 07:53 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright, new lights for Nick with only a modicum
of crap...and an IS 300...Ahh, beautimous.

But what about:

- Steering wheel whineage
- Sloth-like hatch action
- Ongoing rattles
- Crack ho's scratching the paint with their bling-bling (Wait...sorry, that's my RX 300).

I'm going in for my complimentary (Yeah, riiiight) 5K Service
and rattle check this week. I asked for a loaner. Hopefully
I can get an IS 300, too.
Old 06-11-02, 08:05 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

...... I'm glad I'm getting a new one........ I can't see me dealing with anymore complications.....
Old 06-11-02, 08:15 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Mike, thats the kind of relationship I'd like to have. All they see is some "kid" coming in with an RX

They checked for rattles and tested what they found against other new RX's on the lot and found the same thing. So they concluded that it is just how the design of the RX is. Can't do anything about it.

Steering wheel was lubed and I don't hear the noise *cross my fingers*

As for the hatch, they cleaned the supports and lubed them. However, I don't notice a difference. In hot weather it works okay, once it gets cooler I will be able to tell. Probably won't be like I want it. It suck to be particular about your car...never satisfied.

The IS is the best loaner! Only way to bring justice to having your car in the shop. Instant grin in the corners
Attached Thumbnails What's with all my problems? (get ready for some readin')-is300.jpg  
Old 06-11-02, 08:28 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nick, Trust me when Isay this...... When they see me they say the samething..... "KID"....... But I know how to talk to them, and how to take care of them........ ***** I just turned 25 and I look like I'm 19 or 20....... You just got to know how to spit game..... Gotta act like a baller......
Old 06-11-02, 08:34 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I don't know what the deal is. I'm just as, or more, knowledgeable about what I'm talking about than many customers. Of course, it's not like they treat me like crap, but I just heard "the kid said..." At least they call me "sir" to my face

I guess I just don't show my anger enough. I need to be more assertive. For some reason I never want to **** someone off...don't want them to be mad at ME. Screw that...I'm working on it. My dad certainly has no problem with that. He could care less...he'll say what he's thinking and by gad get things done. He's been through some *****.

BTW: on a side note. I don't see what Car and Driver's problem is with the IS300, but the sport handling did NOT = sport ride. It is not too harsh, but instead has a great suspension. It takes bumps in the road with confidence and it's not harsh at all. The car feels very solid.

Last edited by LexRX; 06-11-02 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-11-02, 08:57 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Forget the car..... When you buy a car, and it get fixed or something is wrong with it..... Those F@#ckers work for you...... There not the ones buying Lexus's you are......... Kid or not.... Squint your eyes, turn that smile into a grin and tell those F@#ks what you want done...... That's that...........