RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

OBD2 scanner versus IT2 scanner

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-10, 11:48 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 scanner versus IT2 scanner

Im about to buy a unit to scan the car ..can anyone explain me the difference on these 2 scanners..can they do same thing.. is there things i can do with an IT2 scanner i cant do with a OBD2 scanner ? .. i noticed the IT2 scanner cost more than the OBD2 scanner
Old 02-07-10, 07:16 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Ymmot
Im about to buy a unit to scan the car ..can anyone explain me the difference on these 2 scanners..can they do same thing.. is there things i can do with an IT2 scanner i cant do with a OBD2 scanner ? .. i noticed the IT2 scanner cost more than the OBD2 scanner
The IT2 costs a fortune.

The OBD2 scanner (depending on what brand/model you get) can do anything from just reading the codes to doing full diagnostics and checking the values on say things such as an Air/Fuel sensor value or temperature, etc.

There are also laptop based programs that use a piece of hardware to connect the laptop to the vehicle and those are also pretty good.

What I'd recommend is to either send me a PM or better yet post up in forum what OBD2 models you are looking at (because I'm not sure what you have available where you're at) and I'll let you know.
Old 02-07-10, 08:19 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IT2 is unrealistic even in china they ask 1600 usd for that one ..ive been looking at scannet and motodigi as well...
but this sucker tempts me i found it in GB http://www.autotec-direct.com/memosc...tool-759-p.asp <---still waiting a price on that one form china ....
next one http://www.carobdii.com/lydproduct.asp?id=418 <---- that one is around 180 usd ..i can find them as low as 50$ but seems like they dont offer a/f specs and so on ..the elm327 thingy could also be the thing ..i just want as many ft for as little $ as possibel ...seems like most is prduced in china ..i also found a densofactory "googeling for the a/f sensors" here in indonesia im still stunned by that :P..expensive parts cheap labour sounds like good biz i honestly thought that was produced in japan
Old 02-07-10, 09:15 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Ymmot
IT2 is unrealistic even in china they ask 1600 usd for that one ..ive been looking at scannet and motodigi as well...
but this sucker tempts me i found it in GB http://www.autotec-direct.com/memosc...tool-759-p.asp <---still waiting a price on that one form china ....
next one http://www.carobdii.com/lydproduct.asp?id=418 <---- that one is around 180 usd ..i can find them as low as 50$ but seems like they dont offer a/f specs and so on ..the elm327 thingy could also be the thing ..i just want as many ft for as little $ as possibel ...seems like most is prduced in china ..i also found a densofactory "googeling for the a/f sensors" here in indonesia im still stunned by that :P..expensive parts cheap labour sounds like good biz i honestly thought that was produced in japan
That Memoscan is interesting, but I wonder if that will read your vehicle even though it does say Toyota/Lexus. Sometimes, there are variations from country to country and things don't come out as planned. However, either of those scanners, assuming otherwise, do have the full range things you would need.