RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

RX's at NYC auto show

Old 04-04-02, 08:55 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX's at NYC auto show

ok guys. all i got to say is wow. great show alot of nice cars. ok but the new coach edition is really nice. all one color exteria. the headlights and tailights are not all chrome. its like this gunmetal color. and the rims too have a darker color to them. pretty nice. i still think they should of chromed the rims. interior is so nice too. changes only include preforated leather and lighter color wood trim. they said it starts at like 38 or 39,000 where as the regular rx starts at 39 or 40. but heres the catch. the coach editon front wheel drive model is cheaper than the regular rx all wheel drive model. so the full all wheel drive model coach edition is said to be like only $500 MORE. hmmmm so cheap. plus residual value should be alot higher (for all u leasers) bc of the limited 6000 units they'll make. and it is already released in showrooms. i want mine!
Old 04-04-02, 09:02 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

no pics DJ???

o man i really want to see how the lamp housing is... gun metal??? wow nice... mabbie i will want to swap =)

also if the rims are darker... I WANT!!!! hahah
i like how they had the graphite black is300 rims those are sweet and if they rx300's rims are darker!!! who ever get a coach edition hook me up with your rims!!!!! =)
Old 04-04-02, 09:31 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

i took some pics, not developed yet. but i have no clue how to put them on this site. can u help me or tell me how to do it. also yea i belive the rims are like the color of the is300's the darker ones ur talkin about.
Old 04-04-02, 11:58 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

O man, if the rims gonna look dark like thos IS... i'm getting those next =) forget the system... it can wait hehe

to post the pics... all you gotta do is scan the pictures then on the bottom of posting a msg there is a Attach File. just browse where the scanned picture is and then submit reply after you choose it =)

so the rims were really that dark?? how bout the lamp housing? was it dark like the 99 rx or would you say dark chromed?
Old 04-05-02, 07:51 AM
white01
Driver

Cool Sprinkles, I was wondering when you were going to get back at us Only 6000 units huh? If their talking for the entire US of A, it's going to be a rare site indeed. I would also endeavor to say that the demand is going to be extremely high for 2 reasons:

1. Coach the manufacturer, has basically reinvented itself through creative marketing. Their stuff is selling like hot cakes.

2. I can't think of any other manfacturer attaching a name plate like Coach to an SUV/Crossover whatever. Of course the JGC has the an Overland & Orvis editions, and I think Subaru has a variation of their own as well. However unless your a true outdoors man, something the RX is not targeted for, you wouldn't recognize the name, or the products they produce. Oh yeah, there was a mini van - Quest Nautica Edition or was it a Villager? I don't know how well they did in the Market place though.

So my point is, I think this RX will be even more desirable than the ES and LS Coach models that preceeded it. Not to mention, that the RX is already the best selling vehicle for Lexus.

We'll see. I'm tempted myself, but as Sprinkles alluded to, there are a lot of interesting Cars/Suv's/Crossovers that are about to be released. I'm in the wrong business.
Old 04-08-02, 07:44 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

ok im goin today to get my pics developed. will have them up soon.
Old 04-08-02, 12:55 PM
CAmsRX3
Driver

Default Im in Love

SOrry sprinkles but I couldn't let them wait any longer!!!

These are from the NYC auotshow....
I want those rims!
Attached Thumbnails RX's at NYC auto show-rx_coach.jpg  

Last edited by CAmsRX3; 04-08-02 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-08-02, 12:56 PM
CAmsRX3
Driver

#2.......................................................
Attached Thumbnails RX's at NYC auto show-rx_front.jpg  
Old 04-08-02, 12:57 PM
CAmsRX3
Driver

and #3...............................................

Sprinkles what part of NY are u from?
Attached Thumbnails RX's at NYC auto show-rx_side.jpg  
Old 04-08-02, 01:31 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

WOAH!!! that white coach edition is spectacular!!! its sweet man, haha i shoudl had waited hehe. hrm mabbie should get a paint job lol =)
Old 04-08-02, 02:24 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

cam... naa thats cool. no prob that u posted the pics first. i love the white on white too. but its a diff white, like a pearl color. anyway, the rims are ok. it can be somewhat mistaken as dirty rims if not looked at right. so i dunno. but anway im kind of all over. i was born in Brooklyn, parents lived in Staten island. so obviosuly i lived there most of my life and on weekends im in the manhatten. but durring the week im out in jersey in college. dont ask me why i left the city life for college.
Old 04-08-02, 04:16 PM
CAmsRX3
Driver

i asked someone at the Lexus stand about the color and he didnt know the name but its def. different...
Sprinkles why'd u leave the city life for college? (j/k)
and just in case you wanted to know I live in Staten Island
Old 04-08-02, 06:01 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

hey guys just got my pics back, wow am i mad, 13 of them didnt come out. flash wasnt workin all day. and the ones that did come out were cloudy. i do however have two pics of my system and dash all ripped apart. ill post them sometime this week or weekend when i can scan them.
Old 04-12-02, 01:24 PM
rxcoach
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my new 02 white rx coach editon yesterday. It has every option except NAV ( including HID lights ). I heard that the NAV hasn't been updated so far this year. I'm concerned that it may be a hardware compatibility problem with the current rx navigation hardware and the new higher capacity dvd ???

Anyway, I'm happy with my decision. Its expected in Port Newark in about 2 weeks. I saw the white rx coach edition at the NY auto show last Sunday ( Apr 7 ) and thought it was too nice to go on the road. I plan to give the Coach pouch to my mom and keep the weekend bag. I'll give a short review once I have it in my hands.
Old 04-14-02, 02:08 PM
Shoofin'TL
Driver School Candidate

The RX300 Coach edition will be available in Graphite Grey Metallic, Burnished Gold, and Crystal White. The only choice of leather is Ivory. The Coach edition has everything that the RX with the Value Package has plus or replacing some of the following:
Perforated Coach Leather
"Coach" Embossed in the headrest
Birds Eye Maple on the dash and steering wheel
Coach Signature Floor Mats
Coach Gift Set
Monotone Cladding
Coach badges outside
Honeycomb Grille
Graphite Polished wheels
The Coach edition will be available in both Navigation and non-Navigation. A total of 6000 will be produced. In addition, I highly doubt that the Coach RX will be available on the North-East Coast in Front-Wheel Drive format, only Four-Wheel drive.
Eddie

Last edited by Shoofin'TL; 04-14-02 at 02:09 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RX's at NYC auto show