RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Euro style clear front bumper lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-02, 07:03 AM
Goncookoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro style clear front bumper lights

Hi guys,

I remember reading a while ago someone said they put on clear side marker lights.

Well Im considering getting a set but they are for the "front" bumper only. I couldnt find the "rear" ones.

My question is, are the front and rear bumper lights the same size? Can I just get the "front" clear markers and use them for the rear too?

I'm attaching a pic of the sidemarkers.

Thanks,

goncookoo
Attached Thumbnails Euro style clear front bumper lights-lights.jpg  
Old 03-20-02, 07:40 AM
lance_888
Driver School Candidate

Goncookoo,

Where are you getting these side markers from?
Old 03-20-02, 10:39 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Autobacs sells them on Ebay.. The front ones will fit on the rear, but you have to flip them over.. I bought 2 pairs for Autobacs, I installed the front with no problems (Thanks to my fellow RXer's here). But I ran into a problem with the rear ones.. I am making an offer that anyone who can help me find out how to get back there without breaking those 2 plastic pins, I would buy them a pair of clear markers....
Old 03-20-02, 11:22 AM
Goncookoo

Yup ebay sells them, but are they pricey?

I cant really tell. I've seen them in stores in asian countries for about 15-20 bucks for a pair (for hondas etc, but none for RX)!

Ebay has them listed for $30+ or buy it now for $40.

How much did you pay for yours if you dont mind me asking.

goncookoo
Old 03-20-02, 02:21 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I paid $32... Don't use buy it now... Usually the only people that buy those are people here and they won't cut your thoat... And if someone were to bid just wait a couple of days and he'll put up another auction for them....
Old 03-20-02, 07:39 PM
PlanetAudioRX
Rookie

I paid 32 and shipping. Installation was very easy. I am keep the back ones red because it matches my taillights (oldstyle ) ) Autobacs is the only one that sells them. that ive seen.
Old 03-21-02, 09:14 PM
TN3
Rookie

check out pic of my car with the clear in the gallary, adios!
Old 03-22-02, 01:57 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TN3
check out pic of my car with the clear in the gallary, adios!
Very nice.... I was wondering what was that red crap on the door?? Now all you need is Exhaust and wrap some more bars around your RX with a set of Rim$ and you'll be chillin....
Old 10-07-02, 03:33 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

I was looking for clear side markers for my RX this weekend, and I found nothing on E-bay by searching for either "autobacs" or "RX 300".... Are they not around anymore? I have to at least get a pair of these to change the front yellow sidemarkers, if not two pair so I can change the rear too... Can anybody help?
Old 10-07-02, 04:00 PM
disco_y2k
Pole Position

mrsypher did you ever figure out your problem?
Old 10-07-02, 04:28 PM
Goncookoo

I think someone wrote on another thread a while ago that autobac's doens't sell the markers on ebay anymore??? Not sure.

I recently tried looking for them too (i dunno why) and they weren't there anymore.

Here is the guys name and email address I have from my paypal receipts if you want to email him and ask:

Name:
Hung Lai
Email:
autobacs1@hotmail.com

Not sure if you have the new 2001+ tail lights or not, but I have a '99 RX and rear markers look kind of funny with the old style lights in the back (IMHO). I even put in red bulbs, but it still looks kind of funny. Its just too much of a hassel to go in and replace the rear clear markers with the OEM ones.

HTH,
Paul
Old 10-07-02, 04:44 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

sypher: the rears are a little different in shape/size. i had to do a little modding on the new light to get it to fit right. i went in under the rear fender/bumper. just had to undo a couple of screws/plastic. i had a ***** of a time cause i have big forarms (got all cut up ....had to vaseline them to get them to fit) hehe i was determined to get them in. i had to go back and silicone them in to get a nice tight fit.

check them out:
Attached Thumbnails Euro style clear front bumper lights-4652adsc00167-med.jpg  
Old 10-07-02, 04:46 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

Goncookoo: he quit selling on ebay for a while, then came back.....dunno if he quit again. there were a couple of other people selling them.
Old 10-07-02, 04:48 PM
paul8801
Driver School Candidate

They're there. Try searching ebay for "RX300 clear". No space between the X and 3.

-Paul
Old 10-07-02, 05:09 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Sho,
sounds like a SOB to get the rears in, plus they don't fit right once you get em in? Gotta use silicone caulk to get a good seal? Do you have to do any modding and use silicone to get the fronts to fit too, or do those fit up just right?
Damn, I might just change the fronts for now and leave the red alone in the rears - I have an '01 though, so my tailights are the altezza style... and yours looks SOOOOO damn nice.
I dunno man...

Originally posted by Shonuff
sypher: the rears are a little different in shape/size. i had to do a little modding on the new light to get it to fit right. i went in under the rear fender/bumper. just had to undo a couple of screws/plastic. i had a ***** of a time cause i have big forarms (got all cut up ....had to vaseline them to get them to fit) hehe i was determined to get them in. i had to go back and silicone them in to get a nice tight fit.

check them out:

Quick Reply: Euro style clear front bumper lights