RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Low beams aren't working 2002 Rx300

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-11, 03:44 PM
Keaberts
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sonofabc
Hello and Happy New Year to everyone,

Any help would be appreciated. We recently purchased a 2002 RX300 in excellent condition. After driving it for several weeks, we realized that the low beam lamps aren't coming on at all. High beams and running/parking lights are fine.

We have checked the low beam fuses and they are fine. The bulbs themselves look fine as well. Is there a way to test the bulbs to see if they are okay?

If they are, does anyone have any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

Thanks

Although i do not have this problem myself, if you browse around the forums i think you will find some other people have experienced similar things. But might i suggest switching the fog light bulb and plug with the low beam.. They are the same bulb type. its only a temporary fix untill you figure out the problem, and i think you would agree you need your low beams more than your fog lights. Atleast you wont have to worry about getting a ticket. I will admit getting the fog light plug out is a bit frustrating. but once you pull the plug away from the bulb, the bulb turns, and then pull it out. then stretch the fog light plug up to the low beams. you will have to pull on it a little bit, but it will reach. hope this helps!
Old 08-24-14, 03:29 PM
hyderind
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by code58
My guess would be the relay if both are out. Bulbs CAN look good but be bad. The way I always tested bulbs (all bulbs) was to hold the bulb FIRMLY in 2 fingers and give it about 3 or 4 SOUND thumps with my R. (obscene) finger, If it is broken OR ready to break that will reveal it. If it is sound, THE THUMPING WILL NOT BREAK THE FILAMENT! Saved a lot of comebacks when the bulb that was getting weak, but worked, came back a week or two later burned out.
I am somewhat confused because this is the second time tonight that I have responded to a question that concerned DRL's. (2 different forums) Every DRL I have ever seen uses the HIGH beam at 50%, NOT the LOW beam. And as Thomas said, a good chance it is the fuse.

I have a 2001 RX300.

Both LEFT daylight running headlamp and low beam headlamp are not working.

I changed the L Lowbeam fuse.

Right side is fine. High beams work on both sides.

What should I do next??

Thanks
Old 08-24-14, 03:42 PM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by hyderind
I have a 2001 RX300.

Both LEFT daylight running headlamp and low beam headlamp are not working.

I changed the L Lowbeam fuse.

Right side is fine. High beams work on both sides.

What should I do next??

Thanks
Move/swap the bulbs and see if the problem moves.

Welcome to Club Lexus

Salim
Old 06-22-18, 06:26 PM
Hectorsaul
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sonofabc
Hello and Happy New Year to everyone,

Any help would be appreciated. We recently purchased a 2002 RX300 in excellent condition. After driving it for several weeks, we realized that the low beam lamps aren't coming on at all. High beams and running/parking lights are fine.

We have checked the low beam fuses and they are fine. The bulbs themselves look fine as well. Is there a way to test the bulbs to see if they are okay?

If they are, does anyone have any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

Thanks
one of my head lights stop working so I though it was a burn bulb.when i got the new ones the problem was still there.so I check all the fuses and until I removed the main headlight relay and I put it back that fix the problem.is a blue one under the hood in the fuse box.
also if u need a quit fix and don't want to drive with only one headlight you can swap the high beam plugs into your low beam plugs.in my rx300 1999 they are the same. Good luck
Old 06-22-18, 06:29 PM
Hectorsaul
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hectorsaul
one of my head lights stop working so I though it was a burn bulb.when i got the new ones the problem was still there.so I check all the fuses and until I removed the main headlight relay and I put it back that fix the problem.is a blue one under the hood in the fuse box.
also if u need a quit fix and don't want to drive with only one headlight you can swap the high beam plugs into your low beam plugs.in my rx300 1999 they are the same. Good luck
sorry I just read your whole comment: to test your bulbs unplug your high beams and plug them to the low beams.that's how I find out my bulbs were just fine.😎