RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

First race (chase) in my RX!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-02, 09:46 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First race (chase) in my RX!!

Ok, i know not many of u really run with others in ur RX, but i had to share my first real RPM-tach-around-the-dial experience. My car has just broken 1000miles in 3 weeks. Before this, i try to keep the rpm below 4 grand, and never floored it. But last night in the rain, on one of my favorite stretch of 3 lane narrow winding road, i approach this black 3dr type R-looking civic. Tuned civics and WRXs frequent this stretch of road. There's a traffic light right before the "fun part", and as soon as the light turn green, the civic which was on my right bolts forward with all it screaming 4-buzzer apexi exhaust. The road was quite crowded with cars, but he manage to sneak around 3 cars and was 5 car lengths ahead of me. For the first time since delivery, i floored my RX and the dials raced to 6k and the car pulled strongly forward. I went after the civic trying to follow its overtaking paths, but my worthless SUV handling cant match his F1 inspired wishbones=), so i stay about 2 car back waiting for a long straight. I swerve from lane to lane trying to catch him, all the while, thought the handling was pretty good but a little too soft for my tastes. Didnt really see the "VSC" light go on, but im sure they were working. I tried my best to catch the civic, but he still reached the next light before i did. I stopped next to him to the right and yelled:"Nice car!!" Him:"You too! But why the hell are you chasing me!! Do i own you money or something??!!" I guess my big boat changing 3 lanes driving didnt impress him, but actually scared him so much that he was trying to "run away"!!! I noticed his white Volk racing wheels made a good contrast with the black car, maybe i should get some colored wheels................i need some 19s or 20s to improve the handling................sign....................
Old 02-02-02, 01:43 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Next time, if you are behind me flash your ligths, I will move out of your way. SUVs are not the vehicles for road chase. In rain or wet streets, you are pushing it.

Good Luck

Salim
Old 02-02-02, 04:14 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahah racing in the rain??? now thast scary!!... becareful tho

I think it was about a week ago... i just installed my cold air box at my girlfriends house and i left that night and was on a 3 lane straightaway road...weather was good... some fixed up civic with some intake exhaust indigos and all that rice stuff in his car pulled up... i left him alone for 1 light and he was shooting off the line the first time... so i thoguht to myself hey why not, so i pulled up to him the next light looked at him and pointed towards the light... he agreed with me hahahahah.... so once the light hit green... i flooored the car and i shot outta there with speed... killed him for about 5 secs... but after that his damn car killed me towards the top end... HORRIBLE!!! i coudln't believe i lost to a damn civic.... stupid manual... now i really need the exhaust and hopefully TRD or someone makes a supercharger hahha...
that was my recent race...