RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

I'm SOOOOOO MAD!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-08, 07:45 PM
hitthepin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm SOOOOOO MAD!!

WTF is wrong with people in parking lots!!!!!!!!!!!! Some idiot hit our RX again! First it was the front bumper last summer. Then someone hit the rear bumper a couple of months ago. Now today, while parked in a multi-level parking garage, it was side swiped on near the bottom of the drivers side rear door past the wheel to the back bumper.

All of the above happened while parked. I guess I'm happy cause we're not hurt, but GOOD LORD, people need to pay attention! Sheesh!!!!

Sorry to rant...needed to vent! There goes my tax refund.
Old 03-19-08, 08:41 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got enemies?

Looks like someone is doing it to you on purpose.
Old 03-19-08, 08:58 PM
hitthepin
Driver

Its a good theory, I guess. I wish it was, at least then I'd know I might have done something bad and had it coming.

The RX is essentially my wife's daily driver. I told her I'm buying her an old beat up Buick so if it gets hit, we won't care!
Old 03-19-08, 09:51 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hitthepin
Its a good theory, I guess. I wish it was, at least then I'd know I might have done something bad and had it coming.

The RX is essentially my wife's daily driver. I told her I'm buying her an old beat up Buick so if it gets hit, we won't care!
Sad part is...people always avoid the piece of **** cars. So a person in his Dodge Avenger might lookout for a 1989 Buick Le Sabre but not for a Lexus RX300...dont ask me why because I could not ever give you an answer.
Old 03-20-08, 12:48 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hitthepin
WTF is wrong with people in parking lots!!!!!!!!!!!! Some idiot hit our RX again! First it was the front bumper last summer. Then someone hit the rear bumper a couple of months ago. Now today, while parked in a multi-level parking garage, it was side swiped on near the bottom of the drivers side rear door past the wheel to the back bumper.

All of the above happened while parked. I guess I'm happy cause we're not hurt, but GOOD LORD, people need to pay attention! Sheesh!!!!

Sorry to rant...needed to vent! There goes my tax refund.
should call your insurance company, depedning on what you tell them they might pay for it and no rise in insurance costs for you. dont feel too bad i have door dings, dents, and chipped paint all over my car and i have to return it when the lease is up in 7 months, none of which was my doing.
Old 03-20-08, 08:03 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

This sort of thing seem`s to happen to all of us @ one time or another.My wife and I,came out of a store a few week`s ago,just to find a shopping cart up against her 2006 mercedes r/f fender.Never seems to happen to the older car`s.
Old 03-20-08, 09:33 AM
hitthepin
Driver

Originally Posted by AM1
should call your insurance company, depedning on what you tell them they might pay for it and no rise in insurance costs for you. dont feel too bad i have door dings, dents, and chipped paint all over my car and i have to return it when the lease is up in 7 months, none of which was my doing.
I'm not going to bother cause I have a high deductible. It isn't really about the money either, its just annoying when careless people don't respect other peoples propertie.
Old 03-20-08, 09:46 AM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel your pain, my passenger side door still have a huge dent when someone ram her driver side rear view mirror into the RX doing lane change.
Now I think about it, exhaust mod is great at deterring others ran into you because the low frequency rumble. But it won't help when the car is off.
Old 03-20-08, 12:21 PM
hitthepin
Driver

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Sad part is...people always avoid the piece of **** cars. So a person in his Dodge Avenger might lookout for a 1989 Buick Le Sabre but not for a Lexus RX300...dont ask me why because I could not ever give you an answer.
Isn't that so true! I'm thinking about buying my brother-in-laws 1999Silverado. Maybe if I just take up more space people will respect it.
Old 03-20-08, 02:47 PM
Francis-99
Driver School Candidate

What can you do?? We live in California.
Old 03-20-08, 03:18 PM
hitthepin
Driver

Originally Posted by Francis-99
What can you do?? We live in California.
You're right, it could be worse. I use to live in Boston and I don't miss digging my way out of snow storms in the freezing cold. So at the least, the weather is good.
Old 03-21-08, 07:20 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My deal is with those idiots that don't park in their lane. I'll purposely park at the mall at the very end, in an end-spot, so I park right up with the curb so that there's plenty of room between my opposite side and the parking line. Never fails to happen, some PUNK will park right next to me on the line, or slightly over. PARK BETWEEN THE LINES !!! Not RELATIVE TO MY POSITION !!!

Last edited by Lexmex; 03-21-08 at 06:17 PM. Reason: park, not part
Old 03-21-08, 09:15 AM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

New York is even worse, I was in upstate NY and the guy pull next to me and open his coupe door and bang it next to my passenger door. It was below 0 degrees so I did not bother to go outside. Man I should carry two bananas and shove both into his tail pipes.
Old 03-21-08, 09:23 AM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
My deal is with those idiots that don't park in their lane. I'll purposely park at the mall at the very end, in an end-spot, so I park right up with the curb so that there's plenty of room between my opposite side and the parking line. Never fails to happen, some PUNK will park right next to me on the line, or slightly over. PARK BETWEEN THE LINES !!! Not RELATIVE TO MY POSITION !!!
Even when I park completely by myself with hundreds of spaces in between myself and the next car I come back to find it surrounded on both sides with barely room to get in.

Last edited by Lexmex; 03-21-08 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-21-08, 11:38 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Ding dong time

Originally Posted by tcheung87
Even when I park completely by myself with hundreds of spaces in between myself and the next car I come back to find it surrounded on both sides with barely room to get in.
Yup, that too. Maybe it's my '92 GS-R that catches morons attention, but I find that I'll be off in the middle of nowhere, but then there will be cars next to me with plenty of spots available closer. If these cars were new cars, or good cars, where their owners also wanted to park next to someone who might be careful too... NOPE, they're piece of junk '80s Olds, or big lunk of junk SUVs. Ugh!!!

Quick Reply: I'm SOOOOOO MAD!!