RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Posted pics of my former RX300

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-02, 08:56 PM
Harrier
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posted pics of my former RX300

https://www.clublexus.com/cgi-bin/cl...1.JPG&img=&tt=

I traded it in last year for a new LS430. I miss it to this day. Been thinking of getting another since I loved it so much. I painted it all black back in '99. Also got a hood mounted third rear view mirror from Japan if anyone is interested. Never used - I wasn't ready to drill a hole into my car.
Old 01-20-02, 12:09 AM
Des
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

Nice RX, did you paint just the bottom half to make it all black? How much did it cost? Cause I was thinking of painting mine to just 1 solid color for the whole car.

Des
Old 01-20-02, 10:16 AM
Harrier
Pole Position

Yes, only the lower cladding was painted to match the upper. It costed me $1,000 to have it buffed, primed then painted. It would have been cheaper to go to a Maaco or someplace, but it's an expensive car; it deserves a little better.

Last edited by Harrier; 01-21-02 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-20-02, 12:37 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Harrier, Very nice... I like it. It looks much better one solid color... I have a question for you... Where did you get the eyelids from? And would I have to paint them myself? The color of my RX is Vapor Blue... Thanks...
Old 01-21-02, 11:06 AM
Harrier
Pole Position

I bought my eyelids, Harrier badge and third mirror from an associate from Japan. There wasn't any place on the web back then that you could go to in order to get such pieces, so I went to Yahoo Japan and looked up Harrier. I came across several Japanese fan sites for the RX and I emailed the webmaster of the only page that contained English. Luckily, he was very enthused by the fact that an American had emailed him regarding the RX300. Anyways, I traded him several Lexus accessories (shirts, mugs, pens, etc) for the value of the items that he sent me. The whole thing was based on trust. He actually sent me the items a day before I sent my part.

The eyelids came in black, but were primed for painting. I didn't have to paint them, since they were glossy black. They look really nice, though. I still have all of those parts. Nowadays, you could probably order those lids from GTautosports.com or something.
Old 01-21-02, 11:41 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

By any chance are you getting another RX?? Because if your not I would be interested in buying those eyelids... And what else do you have for the RX???
Old 01-21-02, 12:18 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

eyelids for 71$:

http://www.spoilers.com/ge/lexrx300.htm

if you decide to get these........email me shaonuff@hotmail.com
Old 01-21-02, 01:54 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Sho, Thanks..... I was just Erebuni about 1hr ago looking at those.. But those are for the upper part of the light, I want them for the lower part...
Old 01-22-02, 09:46 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Harrier, do you still have the contact from japan?? i would like to speak with him also... seems pretty nice guy! I want to see if there are any other cool stuff for the RX in japan that we dont get... How much was the 3rd rear view mirror??
Old 01-22-02, 09:15 PM
Harrier
Pole Position

By any chance are you getting another RX?? Because if your not I would be interested in buying those eyelids... And what else do you have for the RX???
Mr. Sypher, a friend of mine recently bought a new RX300, and I already told her that she could have the eyelids. I'm sorry that I can't offer them to you. I also like the lower lids because they don't detract from the beam's pattern. You may want to refer to my next response to see if you can get a new set.

Harrier, do you still have the contact from japan?? i would like to speak with him also... seems pretty nice guy! I want to see if there are any other cool stuff for the RX in japan that we dont get... How much was the 3rd rear view mirror??
Spinteews, my contact Yoshi runs a Harrier Owners Club site at the following address: http://member.nifty.ne.jp/RX300/index.html
I never kept in touch with him, so I don't really know what he's been up to. I actually got the TOMS eyelids from a ClubLexus member named Kemper, who I don't believe still frequents the site. Kemper had a business associate from Japan who would bring him parts from overseas. My suggestion would be to visit GTautosports.com and see if they can get you what you need. I bought the third mirror new in OEM box for $150 (steep, but I liked the exclusivity of having it). Although I never had the bravado to drill a hole into my car to install it, I've seen it on two black RX's in my area who have it installed, and it looks very unique! If you are interested in purchasing it from me, email me at mesir@yahoo.com.

Here's a picture of the mirror (you can also see the Harrier badge on front - a quick and inexpensive distinguishing buy):

Click the link for a hi-res picture.
http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All...s/ex02_vga.jpg
Old 01-23-02, 07:25 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Harrier, Thanks... I just found a web-stie yesturday with those Tom's eyelids. They are quite expensive they are asking $180. QUESTION??? How are they installed is it easy what will I have to do???

Spinnie, Here is the web-site for those eyelids if you want them... THere are other stuff for the RX there too.http://www.myautofashion.com/rx3001.html
Old 01-23-02, 08:50 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I wonder how the Tom's exhausts looks and sounds on the RX. It sure is expensive! Almost twice as much as the RMM.

-Nick
Old 01-23-02, 09:44 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Everything from those people are expensive. With the Exhaust IMO the besy way to go is the Rod Millen for me it was out of Borla and RMM, and you know where I went.
Old 01-23-02, 05:52 PM
Harrier
Pole Position

I bought my eyelids for about 1,600 Yen, which at the time figured out to be about $150. Keep in mind, however, that it was brought over by an associate from Japan, so I didn't have to pay exorbitant air mail charges. Air freight from Nippon Air Mail will run about $30 for quick delivery. If it's shipped, that could take a month to arrive.

Installation is simple. TOM'S provides you with double sided 3M tape. You simply cut and trim the tape to match the underside and then apply onto your lenses. The tape is weatherproof, in rain and snow. It's also a super pain in the *** to take off, so it's pretty permanent (although not). I had it on for over two years in the city without it ever being stolen. It actually looks very OEM when it's attached.
Old 01-23-02, 08:39 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I gotcha.. I was thinking about maybe getting both eyelids. It might look nice with the top and the bottom done. And I guess that 180. for them isn't that expensive, plus I don't have to pay for shipping because I emailed the guy for info about these rims on his web-site and when he returned my email he attached a virus with it. I told him he messed my computer up. So he is going to give me 10% off and free shipping... Well thanks for the info...

Quick Reply: Posted pics of my former RX300