RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Still No Aux In

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-07, 09:55 AM
fireken
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still No Aux In

hello all,
i want to first thank all of you that have responded to my earlier threads... you've all been a wonderful help.

i have another head scratcher for you... i've been trying to add an aux input onto my '99 rx for my sirius receiver, without any success. you've been very kind in showing me a couple of threads that put a relay in the circuit between the cd changer and the amp..... well i can't find an amp, and there are only five wires (that are divisable), and one shielded line (that is not divisable) coming from the cd changer. i've downloaded a service manual (questionable worth) and the wiring diagram for the audio circuit says there should be an amp under the rear seat and eleven wires coming from the cd changer. MAN! i'm begining to wonder if i have the same car as the rest of you. no cd (just lint and pictures of the previous owners kids), and again just five wires from the changer.

let me try to start over.... i've got a 1999 RX300 (mnfg in '98), nakamichi radio (premium sound system?), small sub under the pass seat (with only two wires not five like the diagram says), pioneer cd changer and now a sirius receiver with two rca's coming from the output.

if you can throw a nugget my way i would greatly appreciate it. topics can range from what is the best manual for this car to (this situation) how to add an aux in to the radio.

thanks in advance for all your help
Old 09-29-07, 01:10 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

firekin: the relays are added between the cd changer and the "HEAD UNIT" .. this electrically happens before the pre-amp stage and you have full control with the volume and tonal *****.

Salim
Old 10-09-07, 09:10 AM
mwbuck
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this will help you or just confuse you more but here are some pics of my install:

As shown in the last pic, you need to slice open the thick gray wire and inside you will find the L+- and R+- wires.